Is it okay to date a guy that is 23 when I am 15

Aldistar

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 11:20 pm
All opinions about maturity and timing aside, if you care about this guy at all you will not date him. It doesn't have to be your mother that calls the cops on him. It does not matter if your mom gives you and him her blessing, it is illegal and he will go to jail and be labeled a sex offender forever!! A nosy neighbor, a jealous or concerned schoolmate, even a random stranger who happens to see you two share a kiss can alert the authorities and then he is screwed. If 16 is the age of consent where you live then you need to wait or find someone under 18 to date. I question his judgement, not on whether you are a person worth dating, but that someone his age is is pursuing someone so much younger than him that could potentially get him in so much trouble.
0 Replies

kajla00007

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 03:05 am
@Hotpinkbug,
It's not OK. You can continue with him as a friend, but dating, that's a grey territory.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 08:08 am
@Hotpinkbug,
Not to pile on or anything, but I wonder why a 23 yr. old male would want to date a just turned 15 yr old girl. Stay away from him until you are of age (I believe you said it was 16 where you live.) Seeing him will only cause problems for him as so many others here have written.
0 Replies

NCMike40

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 02:43 pm
@neologist,
Might not be legal.... Smile
0 Replies

lfc

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 05:44 am
@FBM,
But it would be awkward to be in this situation.
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 06:59 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

True, but it takes two to tango. Anyway, dating =/= boinking. Trust me, I have many sad years of experience on this. Wink

You said boinking.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 07:49 am
You will never see this as the pedophile-ish behavior that it is.

At his age, he should have nothing mentally in common with you unless he has some kind of mental disorder. His maturity level should be so far beyond yours by now that he wouldnt even be interested if you offered, instead, he is a willing participant. I know you wont understand that those things are warning signs. In your mind you are old enough to handle this, and old enough to " know what you are doing" .. the lure of an older man is huge and enticing right now and I get it... but you are going to allow a child molester to screw you..
Think about that. Really.. think about that.
Germlat

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 02:07 pm
@shewolfnm,
I agree. But-- what appeals to her is the fact she feels like she can attract a grow -up...such power. A 10 year-old boy would feel just as happy if a 15 year-old girl was holding hands and hanging out....
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 05:30 pm
No

Also, nice work to whoever threw in the O Brother Where Art Thou quote
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:37 pm
@lfc,
lfc wrote:

But it would be awkward to be in this situation.

True that.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:38 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

FBM wrote:

True, but it takes two to tango. Anyway, dating =/= boinking. Trust me, I have many sad years of experience on this. Wink

You said boinking.

Yeah. I'll try to control myself from here on out.
0 Replies

lfc

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 06:36 am
Isn't it?
FBM

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 11:56 pm
@lfc,
Only for the chosen few.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 11:59 pm
Be very aware of the law, as the state has no problem ******* you and your lover up for kicks. Otherwise, follow your heart.
0 Replies

lfc

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:34 am
Yes...u should follow your heart at the first place.
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:43 am
@lfc,
lfc wrote:

Yes...u should follow your heart at the first place.

Why? Your heart can get you into a shitload of trouble.

Or it can lead you to making childish statements like the above.

Germlat

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:00 pm
@chai2,
Wowsers!!! Hit the nail on the head!
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:56 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Wowsers!!! Hit the nail on the head!

<curtsies>

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/lila1.png
Germlat

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:37 pm
@chai2,
You go girl!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 12:34 am
@Hotpinkbug,
So, are you prepared to take care of a baby just as you turn 16. You are putting yourself and the 23 year old idiot in jeopardy. I don't care what he tells you, you your mother doesn't care, you at the age of 15-16 will have to insure your own well being and the surprise children that may be produced.

How old was your mother when she had you? Do you have a father at home? This will not end well, trust me, I've seen way too much of this in my life time. I'm not saying you are not interesting or bright, but think about this. Why is a 23 year old man trying to connect with a 15 year old? I can think of 2 reasons right off the bat. Either he is so immature, women in his age group reject him, or he is an opportunist who thinks 15 year old girls will buy into his well practiced line of seduction.

Be smart, if something seems too wonderful for words, it's probably not. Don't become a victim.