7
   

Question about this really rude girl at work?

 
 
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:07 pm
@chai2,
An assumption. How did they know about it unless he asked them what they thought? I think other scenarios are very unlikely.
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:10 pm
@Lash,
He may have said "she asked me if I needed help with any work"

They say "Whoa, she's totally into you!"

chai2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:21 pm
@chai2,
You make a lot of assumptions in this story lash, and add in many things that either weren't said, or done. Amazingly, you've been very open with saying you're assuming/ebellishing, because "how else could it be?" or, you just want this abused girl to get flowers....I'm not seeing any abuse.

To be honest, that's the type of person that tends to start ridiculous rumors around the office. The person who hears one thing, and adds 4 more things of their own, because it makes a non-story a story, makes a story juicier, and entices the gullible into believing all sorts of untrue stuff is going on.

I'm not trying to insult you. I'd just prefer to go with the facts as they stand.

She doesn't "look up at him", so she hates him? Because she's now holding some grudge 3 times removed?

It's a Twitter world I guess.

chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:23 pm
BTW lash, I haven't voted any of your posts down.
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:28 pm
@riverstyx0128,
riverstyx0128 wrote:
I have to be careful because she is my boss's personal assistant.


Keep your head down, do your job and don't get on the PA's wrong side. It's work suicide.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:29 pm
@riverstyx0128,
riverstyx0128 wrote:
what can I do to get her to stop?


nothing except doing your job well.

you're still in a probationary period and if you annoy the PA you could be gone in a blink, and no one will remember your name there in another couple of weeks.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:32 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Flowers? I'm actually (unbelievably) speechless.

If I received flowers from a newbie, even assuming for a moment it's all about Manny, Mo and Jake tittering around the water cooler, he would for a loooong time remain in my radar as that quasi creepy person who couldn't leave well enough alone, and couldn't figure out the way to get on my good side was to send me his reports on time, or early.

I don't know Lash, maybe this would play well with most women, if you say so. My gut tells me this would send a LOT of women into "ok, this is really weird" mode.

If a man wouldn't send flowers to a man in the work place to anonymously apologize, don't send it to a woman. That's not at all cool.


this would probably end up in HR land in our office

totally on the far side of inappropriate

it could be a different corporate culture but yeah, this could cause a major shitstorm
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:32 pm
@chai2,
I haven't noticed any votes up or down, nor have I thumbed you.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  0  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:48 pm
@chai2,
I think it's weird that you are driven to accuse me of being the office gossip harpy due to an answer you don't approve of on a relationship thread.



Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:31 am
I've had about 8 woman bosses at various jobs over the years and they've all been hopeless in one way or another.
Eventually I stopped applying for jobs if the boss was a woman.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

I've had about 8 woman bosses at various jobs over the years and they've all been hopeless in one way or another.


In other words they wouldn't put up with your sexist crap.

I've had male and female bosses, never kept a count of their gender. Never noticed any significant difference between the two.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:14 am
Here's an example of female bosses stupidity-
When I was helping at the British Heart Foundation charity shop in Cornwall St Plymouth (I like naming names haha) I noticed that only one sour-faced little old lady was on the till, and because she was so slow, the queue built up and people were walking out rather than wait to be served.
So I said to the manageress in the back sorting room where there were about 6 people working- "Why don't one of us go and help her on the till?", but the manageress replied-
"Oh nooo, she regards the till area as her personal domain and refuse to have anybody helping her".
so the shop went on losing money because of her slow service.
A male manager would have assigned somebody to help her whether she liked it or not..Smile
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's nonsense, and you're only confirming your own prejudices. One female leader made a bad call, and lets face it charity shops rely on volunteers, people who haven't got jobs, so they don't exactly get the pick of the crop. You were working there.

Another female supervisor could have made a different call, and a male one could have made the same one.

You can't take one isolated example and use it to make a general comment about all men and women. If you could statisticians would be out of a job.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:47 am
In fact there were TWO manageresses at the BHF shop, both equally dotty..Smile
My main job was to keep the big bookshelf in order, sorting and categorizing the books and pricing them.
But no sooner had I bust a gut doing it according to the first manageresse's instructions, than the second manageress would come along and say "No, do it THIS way", and give me a whole new set of instructions, so I had to start all over again!
Then along would come the first manageress again and say "That's all wrong! I told you how to do it", and I'd have to begin all over again!
And so it went on..
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thank your lucky stars they were women.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:08 am
Another time, I was helping at the PDSA animal charity shop and was on the till, it's my natural environment because customers lurved my friendly chatty joky manner and used to tell me they only came in on my shifts.
That must have made the young airhead manageress jealous because she then put me on the van to help the driver deliver furniture around Plymouth, but after a few days I said to her- "I don't want to do it for several reasons. Firstly I used to draw customers into the shop so you're losing money by putting me on the van.
Secondly I might do my back in lugging furniture around,
and thirdly the van driver is getting paid for it but I'm just a volunteer, so I quit!"
What an airhead, I was the best star player she'd ever had, yet she let me slip through her fingers by playing me out of position on the van; let's hope she never goes into football management..Smile

0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:12 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think it's weird that you are driven to accuse me of being the office gossip harpy due to an answer you don't approve of on a relationship thread.






Lash, I didn't call you that.

I said, "that's the type of person that tends to start ridiculous rumors around the office.", and I stand by that statement. That's exactly how the worst rumors get started. A person hears/learns something, adds their own slants and assumptions on it and goes with it.

Maybe I never noticed it before, but maybe you do have a habit of taking what is being said and taking off with it.

In many of your responses to me you've already said you've made assumptions, and here you are doing it again. I'm not driven, and I'm not accusing. Again you're assuming.
As far as "not approving" of an answer you gave, I was simply pointing out it doesn't match the evidence of what has been said happened. You said yourself you retracted your suggestion. So must have thought it out yourself.


BTW, the reason I mentioned the thumbs was that someone has been thumbing you down to zero, and I didn't want you to think it was me.
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:09 am
@chai2,
Lash, I didn't call you that.

I said, "that's the type of person that tends to start ridiculous rumors around the office.", and I stand by that statement. That's exactly how the worst rumors get started. A person hears/learns something, adds their own slants and assumptions on it and goes with it.


URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-5730184

I don't need to know what kind of person is gossip-y at work. I'm not at work. I'm on a relationship thread giving my opinion.

If I singled out something that you said and noted that yours was the type of opinion that led to factions, discord, disarray or some other fun workworld drama, you may wonder why I hopped off the thread issue and on to you.

You weren't quite satisfied with that, so you've expanded your comments to a more global personal insult.

Maybe I never noticed it before, but maybe you do have a habit of taking what is being said and taking off with it.


URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-5730184

It is bizarre that you think any of these comments to me are appropriate.
I think you should check yourself.




0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Dispatches from the Startup Front - Discussion by jespah
Bullying Dominating Coworker - Question by blueskies
Co worker being caught looking at you - Question by lisa1471
Work Place Romance - Discussion by Dino12
Does your office do Christmas? - Discussion by tsarstepan
Does she like me? - Question by jct573
Does my coworker like me? - Question by riverstyx0128
Maintenance training - Question by apjones37643
Personal questions - Discussion by Angel23
Making friends/networking at work - Question by egrizzly
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/25/2019 at 11:01:27