8
   

Human Shields: Does Hamas Want Israel To Kill Their Children?

 
 
Miller
 
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:48 am
Human Shields: 'Hamas Wants Israel to Kill Their Children'
By Chris Mitchell
CBN News Middle East Bureau Chief
Wednesday, July 23, 2014


GAZA BORDER -- Seven Israeli soldiers have been killed in a confrontation with Hamas infiltrators disguised as Israeli soldiers wearing suicide belts inside the Israeli border.

The IDF killed most of these infiltrators. So far, the Israel Defense Force has destroyed more than 20 tunnels and killed nearly 200 Hamas terrorists since the start of its ground operation.

Here on the Israeli-Gaza border you can see the plumes of smoke from the fighting within Gaza city. The IDF has called up 60,000 troops in Operation Protective Edge. About 30 soldiers have died in the line of battle.

Israeli soldiers find themselves fighting an enemy that uses the same tactics as al Qaeda in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Col. Richard Kemp, who commanded British ground troops in Afghanistan, refutes the claim that Israel has committed war crimes.

"The British forces fought against the Taliban for many years in Afghanistan," Kemp said. "They use human shields. They attempt to lure us to kill their civilian population. It's a common theme among Islamist extremist groups in this world."

"Everything I've seen would suggest to me that Israel is not committing a war crime," he said. "Far from it. Israel is going further than most other countries in this world, going to prevent the loss of civilian innocent civilian life."

"The people that are committing the war crimes are Hamas who fire rockets into Israeli civilian population indiscriminately and who also use their own people as human shields," he continued. "That is a war crime."

"Hamas wants the Israeli Defense Force to kill their children, their women, that's what they want to happen," he said. "They want to get the propaganda; they want to get the publicity, the sympathy and the pity of the world to by getting the Israelis to kill their population. That's exactly what their tactic is."

Former IDF spokesperson Avital Leibovitz said Hamas deliberately put Palestinian civilians in harm's way during the intense fighting in Shebalia.

"We are trying to do everything we can in order to make sure that civilians are evacuated from the area," he said. "However, as we've seen from Hamas time and time again, the Ministry of Interior is forbidding their civilians -- it's really tragic -- he's forbidding them from leaving those areas and we find ourselves in very tough situations."

On the diplomatic front, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry are in the region trying to broker a ceasefire. Yet Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said they would continue to fight Israel.
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:57 am
they're doing there best to give that impression

and israel for it's part is obliging
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
@Miller,
This is a very strange argument indeed.

In this military action by Israel, kids are dying because of bombs that Israel is dropping and bullets that Israel is firing. However, none of this is Israel's fault. In fact, Israel shouldn't be held accountable for anything that it is doing, nor should any of their actions be even questioned because Hamas.

I also find it strange that an organization called "Christian Broadcasting Network", which claims to follow the Prince of Peace who said "Love your enemies" and "Blessed are the Peacemakers" should be such a cheerleader for violence and war.


revelette2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:57 am
So, if someone takes a young child in a bank to rob it, the bank robber makes the child stay there as a shield, so the police just kill both the bank robber and the child in order to stop the bank from being robbed?

Those rockets Hamas sets off, usually kill very few people from what I have reading, but, the sheer amount of civilians and children that are being killed on the Palestinians is just unacceptable no matter whose fault it is.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:16 pm
This whole conflict started with the kidnapping and subsequent murder of 3 Israeli students in the West Bank. Israel immediately blamed Hamas, but most neutrals thought that unlikely since Hamas had just entered into a power sharing agreement with Fatah. It was more likely to be a more extreme group like Islamic Jihad or ISIS, some have even accused Mossad.

Israels heavy handed approach which resulted in plenty of Palestinians dying and provoked retaliatory rocket attacks.

Those are the facts, the only part still open to debate is who kidnapped the Israeli students.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
I vote for Mossad. They make the CIA look like a bunch of choir boys.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:42 pm
@RABEL222,
Everything seems to have fallen into their laps, and there's plenty of people like Miller to spread disinformation.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  2  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:24 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
Human Shields: 'Hamas Wants Israel to Kill Their Children'
By Chris Mitchell

Very true. However, it should be noted that most of the Palestinian "deaths" are fabricated.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  2  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This is a very strange argument indeed.

In this military action by Israel, kids are dying because of bombs that Israel is dropping and bullets that Israel is firing. However, none of this is Israel's fault. In fact, Israel shouldn't be held accountable for anything that it is doing, nor should any of their actions be even questioned because Hamas.

There is nothing "strange" about someone pointing out the fact that Israel is doing nothing wrong.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  2  
Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:15 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
So, if someone takes a young child in a bank to rob it, the bank robber makes the child stay there as a shield, so the police just kill both the bank robber and the child in order to stop the bank from being robbed?

The police certainly will not target the child. But if the child happens to be killed, that certainly isn't the police's fault.


revelette2 wrote:
Those rockets Hamas sets off, usually kill very few people from what I have reading,

If firing artillery at Jews is no big deal, then how about you let some of that artillery be fired at you and your family?


revelette2 wrote:
but, the sheer amount of civilians and children that are being killed on the Palestinians is just unacceptable no matter whose fault it is.

Keep in mind that most of these "deaths" are fabricated.

But it is entirely the fault of the Palestinians, so place the blame where it belongs.
revelette2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:36 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The police certainly will not target the child. But if the child happens to be killed, that certainly isn't the police's fault.


The police would hardly just bomb the place knowing there are innocent people being held hostage, which is where the term, hostage negotiation comes in. Or they wait until they can get a clear shot.

Of course you claim the numbers are fabricated. I would expect nothing else.
0 Replies
 
revelette2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:48 am
Quote:
GAZA CITY — The four Bakr boys were young cousins, the children of Gaza fishermen who had ordered them to stay indoors — and especially away from the beach. But cooped up for nine days during Israeli bombardments, the children defied their parents and went out Wednesday afternoon, the eldest shooing away his little brother, telling him it was too dangerous.

As they played on and around a jetty in the late-afternoon sun, a blast hit a nearby shack. One boy was killed instantly. The others ran. There was a second blast, and three more bodies littered the sand. One was charred, missing a leg, and another lay motionless, his curly head intact, his legs splayed at unnatural angles.

The Israeli military acknowledged later that it had launched the strike, which it said was aimed at Hamas militants, and called the civilian deaths “a tragic outcome.”

The four dead boys came quickly to symbolize how the Israeli aerial assaults in Gaza are inevitably killing innocents in this crowded, impoverished sliver of land along the Mediterranean Sea. They stood out because they were inarguably blameless, children who simply wanted to play on their favorite beach, near the fishing port where their large extended family keeps its boats.

The killings also crystallized the conundrum for the 1.7 million Gazans trapped between Israel’s powerful military machine and the militants of Hamas and its affiliates, who fire rockets into Israel with little regard for how the response affects Gazans. Virtually imprisoned by the border controls of Israel and, increasingly, Egypt, most Gazans have nothing to do with the perennial conflict but cannot escape it.

More than 150 civilians, including more than 40 children, have been killed in Israel’s air assaults in Gaza to curb militant rocket fire. Civilians make up about 75 percent of the Palestinian deaths, according to a running count by the United Nations.

Israel’s military says that it takes extensive precautions to avoid killing civilians and that it does not deliberately target them, and it blames Hamas for operating in populated areas. But it has acknowledged, according to Israel Radio, that about half the people killed so far were “not involved in terrorism.”


source
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  3  
Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 01:23 pm
The UK Channel 4 News tonight showed an Israeli flag-waving crowd chanting, allegedly, "There's no school in Gaza because all the children are dead". Then the presenter interviewed a Hamas representative in Beirut and angrily accused him of tempting Israel to perform acts killing children in order to embarrass them into a ceasefire.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 02:08 am
Just as many people are questioning how Israel is conducting their campaign - there is nothing wrong with questioning how Hamas is conducting it's campaign.

Indiscriminate or excessive killing on the part of any military, would be abhorrent...just as any military (or militia) using it's population as human shields, would be abhorrent.

The comparison between police at a siege, and any military operation is fundamentally flawed - police operated within a very different environment, with rather different equipment, with different rules (eg. of engagement), different laws (and different effect of laws), different training, different objectives, different time constraints etc.
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 02:25 am
@vikorr,
Oh, and different levels of danger.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Israel's Reality - Discussion by Miller
THE WAR IN GAZA - Discussion by Advocate
Israel's Shame - Discussion by BigEgo
Eye On Israel/Palestine - Discussion by IronLionZion
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Human Shields: Does Hamas Want Israel To Kill Their Children?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/23/2019 at 03:54:11