Florida Approves DieBold! The "Fix" Is In!

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:34 pm
coastalrat snickers: "Maybe they are too busy dreaming up things to bash Bush over, I don't know."

The left doesn't have to dream: Bush is very generous with the fodder needed to bash him.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:49 pm
infowarrior wrote:
coastalrat snickers: "Maybe they are too busy dreaming up things to bash Bush over, I don't know."

The left doesn't have to dream: Bush is very generous with the fodder needed to bash him.

See there, a perfect example of how the left works. You take a sentence out of context to use for your own wicked purposes. Had you shown all of what I wrote, then it would be obvious that I wrote that not with a snicker, but rather with a lighthearted laugh, indicating I was carrying on and just giving the lefties out there a hard time. I gotta somehow figure out a way to distinguish between a snicker and lighthearted laughter I guess. Laughing
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:04 pm
coastalrat writes: "See there, a perfect example of how the left works. You take a sentence out of context to use for your own wicked purposes."

Ahhhhh, but we learned it from the masters: the right-wing.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:11 pm
infowarrior wrote:
coastalrat writes: "See there, a perfect example of how the left works. You take a sentence out of context to use for your own wicked purposes."

Ahhhhh, but we learned it from the masters: the right-wing.

Again. You did it again.

I am beginning to think you are incapable of writing any reply to anything without making fun of the right wing. You really ought to try it. It would do wonders for you. Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:28 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
1. Those who believed in Hillary's grand "right wing conspiracy".
2. Those who believed there was a conspiracy to cover up Vince Foster's death.
3. Those who believe Bush somehow knew in advance about the 9/11 attacks

66% is not a bad average.

Well, I guess that qualifies you as a conspiracy nut in my book blatham. Congrats. Very Happy

That's actually just a statistic Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:33 pm
BillW wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:

Well, I guess that qualifies you as a conspiracy nut in my book blatham. Congrats. Very Happy

I realized afterward that maybe I jumped to a conclusion about his comment. I should have edited my post to reflect that if he believed
66% of the examples were true, then he might fall under my definition of a conspiracy nut. I should have given him the benefit of the doubt that he was only giving me a statistical analysis of my examples.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:40 pm
Maybe this kinda polarizes the issue:

Quote:
" Following the 2003 California election, an audit of the company revealed that Diebold Election Systems voting machines installed uncertified software in all 17 counties using its equipment. "

"Former CIA Station Chief John Stockwell writes that one of the favorite tactics of the CIA during the Reagan-Bush administration in the
1980s was to control countries by manipulating the election process."

"Johns Hopkins researchers at the Information Security Institute issued a report declaring that Diebold's electronic voting software contained
"stunning flaws." The researchers concluded that vote totals could be altered at the voting machines and by remote access."

"Maybe the Diebold decision makes sense, if you believe, to paraphrase Henry Kissinger, that democracy is too important to leave up to the votes
of the people. "

Diebolt's CEO Walden O'dell says he is "committed
to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President" this year. On September 26, 2003, he hosted an Ohio Republican Party fundraiser for
Bush's re-election at his Cotswold Manor mansion. Tickets to the fundraiser cost $1000 per couple, but O'Dell's fundraising letter urged those attending to
"Donate or raise $10,000 for the Ohio Republican Party."
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:11 pm
coastalrat:

Click my name link, and you can read hundreds of threads and replies by yours truly.

Enjoy!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:13 pm
infowarrior wrote:
coastalrat:

Click my name link, and you can read hundreds of threads and replies by yours truly.

Enjoy!

Please, I am just carrying on. I really really gotta learn not to joke around so much. At least not until y'all get used to me a little bit around here.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:21 pm
coastalrat:

I like your style, and I was just pulling your leg (a coastalrat's leg must be very small) as well. LOL!!!
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:35 pm
Anyone related to "Mickey" can't be all bad. Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:41 pm
Well, I'm sure many here hope that the Bush campaign dies bold. What is a coastal rat anyway? I know rats can swim, but I had no idea they were fans of beaches and inlets, or barbells for that matter.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:42 pm
But as usual, I digress. Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 04:46 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
BillW wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:

I realized afterward that maybe I jumped to a conclusion about his comment. I should have edited my post to reflect that if he believed
66% of the examples were true, then he might fall under my definition of a conspiracy nut. I should have given him the benefit of the doubt that he was only giving me a statistical analysis of my examples.

This is getting funny. Initially when posting, I hadn't realized the various ways my post might be interpreted. What I meant to suggest was that CoastalRat's batting average was really pretty impressive. Or, sing along with me now...one of these things is not like the other..
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 04:48 pm
blatham:

What I want to know is how do you make all of those boxes?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:31 pm
I find this to be VERY disturbing. I've read about the opinions on both sides of the fence, and no matter how you look at it, computerized touch-screen voting is BAD NEWS.

When the sheer potential for shenanigans is so high, you have to wonder what right thinking person could put such an important thing as the presidential election at the risk of something so risky as this method of ballot casting?

I truly hope someone raises a stink high and fast about this. This is almost too much to believe. A simple virus or trojan program that does nothing more than insure that every 4th ballot cast registers for one or another party can have a massive impact on the election.

Why risk it?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:40 pm
info

It's a pretty complicated set of programming steps I have to go through in order to produce those boxes within boxes (note also how pleasingly square they are). This is an aesthetic integrity matter, about which I care deeply whenever I compose a reply. Content and reasoning play a distant second tuba. However, if one doesn't approach posting with the sort of high Calvinist/Frank Lloyd Wright values which I insist upon for myself, one can click on the 'quote' button. But you'll fall in my esteem.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 08:44 pm
Umm.... What ?

<--- Slowly and quietly steps backwards away from Blatham....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:18 am
cavfancier wrote:
Well, I'm sure many here hope that the Bush campaign dies bold. What is a coastal rat anyway? I know rats can swim, but I had no idea they were fans of beaches and inlets, or barbells for that matter.

Oh yeah, I love hiding out on the beaches here in SC, watching all those good looking lady rats running around in bikinis. The young ladies are pretty fine looking also. I am not allowed to stare too much though, cause then Mrs. Coastalrat starts chasing me with a broomstick.
0 Replies