The Official Star Wars Episode VII Anticipation Thread!

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 01:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
I still have the soundtracks to the first two movies on vinyl (because it was either that, 8 track or cassette.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 04:52 am

The movie left some unanswered questions. Some of those questions actually have answers from other sources like novels and comic books, and some answers can be reasonably speculated.

WARNING: massive spoilers at link

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-questions/
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 03:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ok. I just saw it. Figured I had better see it before running in to too many spoilers by accident. As it turned out I had already stumbled upon the only real spoiler that matters in the film... but I think I would have predicted it even if I hadn't heard it already.

So, I enjoyed the film. They did a good job, especially in light of the monumental pressure and multiple interests which surround a film like this. I would give it an 8 out of 10 on the IMDB scale, but mostly because I suspect that the next ones will be even better so I have to leave room. My main complaint with this one is that it feels very much like a big long setup to the next film (or two). It is pregnant with implications and hidden innuendo at ever turn, so much so that it seems less like a slice in time than a magnification of a slice in time. Perhaps this is unavoidable, but it did feel a bit stilted.

(Possible Spoilers ahead)
The other thing I didn't like is that it is very very similar in basic plot to the first show. It's as much a duplicate of the original Star Wars as Jurassic World is a duplicate of Jurassic Park, and for anyone who has seen those two films, you will know what I mean. It's the same original bag of tricks spiced up with new CGI and different character twists, but it's very much the same old same old story old story old story old story (see how tiring that gets).

Based on the dollars they are raking in it's clear that just like with Jurassic World, you can re-bake an old recipe and serve it up hot again and as long as you do a good job of it, people will buy it all over again.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:32 pm
I created a SPOILERS thread for anyone who wants to discuss the movie without spoiling it for anyone else.

http://able2know.org/topic/307338-1
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 11:15 am
@maxdancona,
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 03:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
George Lucas Backpedals on ‘Star Wars’ ‘White Slavers’ Remark
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
No shock here. This box office news was expected even before the film's release.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens overtakes Avatar as the highest grossing movie in US history
0 Replies