I've never ignored you, Miss.
Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 03:40 am
@roger,
Just as well, lol.

roger

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 04:13 am
@Miss L Toad,
I begin to wonder how many videos have been built around that soundtrack.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Being a complete arsehole, such as yourself, Cic, is an acquired taste. We, each, make 'ignore' choices based on our own deliberations and requirements.
I enjoy 'pissing you and others off' because, eventually, you'll get the ******* point and vanish.
Then again, I also understand your 'needy' social requirements.
So, unless you persist in pursuing your egotistical indulgences by attempting to 'annoy the unannoyable, per se - Your plagues (Met) will be cured.
This won't cure your idiocies, but will lead to them being needlessly exposed.
Germlat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:34 pm
Some people view dissertion as a compliment. How completely narcissistic! Sometimes people know when to leave a quarrel. Usually it's when you realize the opponent is incapable of capturing the concept in dispute. Nothing more...nothing less.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:14 pm
@mark noble,
You really don't know me, do you? You're an idiot who arrives at stupid conclusions, because it only proves your ignorance.

I've been around a2k longer than most, and I intend to stick around for the foreseeable future. THAT'S A FACT; learn to digest that! I hope it turns your stomach. Poor baby! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:28 am
@Germlat,
I meant to right desertion not dissertion .. Smile
mark noble

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 12:34 pm
@Germlat,
You mean 'write'?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Smile
Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:23 pm
What the hell does dissertion mean?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:27 pm
@Setanta,
Well whatever it is, it's been righted, given back the esteem it was once denied.
timur

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:28 pm
It's an anagram for disorients..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Ah, the cockles of my heart are all toasty warm.
margo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:43 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ah, the cockles of my heart are all toasty warm.

and the soles of your feet??
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 03:55 pm
I live in Canadia . . . the soles of my feet don't never get hot.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:48 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

You mean 'write'?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Smile

This auto correct is a bitch!! She requires 24/7 supervision . I'm putting her on administrative leave!!
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 02:05 am
This website is filled with too many teammates and not enough people willing to listen to another person's perspective. I personally don't use the ignore function. I see people use ignore function like I see a lot of problems in society, they'd rather ignore the problem because it annoys them or bothers them or they become tiresome than address it. People don't want to tackle another person's views head on so they ignore them. Like "Ossobuco" she'll ignore me, but tolerate another person's bullshit which is quite funny. Me, I'd rather address an issue than ignore it and if I see if a person is devoid of reason I'll do a "conscious" ignore by not even addressing them.

Like BillRM for example. Some posters put him on ignore but I'd rather see his posts because his views, like so many others on the internet only confirms what I already believe (when it comes to matters on race relations). Sure I'll complain about his views but I assume other like minded individuals would do the same, but people would rather ignore a problem than address it. At the end of the day you can't change grown folks because people believe what they want to believe and simply clicking on an ignore function does not erase the fact that there are some people that you just don't agree with.

The question I'd ask everyone is can you use an ignore feature in real life?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:05 am
@Buttermilk,
For the most part, the IGNORE feature is a joke, Buttermilk.

The people who PROCLAIM they have put someone on IGNORE mostly are doing just that...proclaiming it rather than actually doing it. They "sneak" looks...or "look in once in a while"...and are sure to respond to anything quoted from the supposedly ignored person.

They are like little kids throwing a tantrum and shouting, "I don't like you anymore" to a parent who has done something to annoy the kid.

I put one guy on IGNORE (JTT...who doesn't seem to be around anymore in that guise) and that was mostly because he posted so often, it became more efficient to have his posts truncated.

Don't pay any attention to someone claiming to ignore you, because chances are the person is paying lots and lots of attention to you.

Just get a laugh at the shallowness of it all. Anyway, that certainly is what I do.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 05:16 pm
There is no black and white in the ignore game. Some people I have totally ignored for years. Some only off and on. Some I peek at if they appear to be directly addressing me on one of my threads. It's a matter of personal discretion and there is no single correct way to do it.
Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 05:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
An excellent statement of the case. That's why i generally don't use the ignore feature. I have used it twice when some joker was following me around from thread to thread. It worked fine. Otherwise, i don't need help to ignore someone.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 05:40 pm
It's hard to totally ignore as people tend to quote others, even entire long posts by others (see Frank's posting manner). A simple click will bring you to what another said, exactly, no need to post the whole thing.

Anyone ignoring whosits who reads Frank gets the whole banana again.

Some of us don't want to have to answer some failbrain for the several hundredth time, whatever our takes on who are failbrains.

Also, it is possible to agree with someone you substantially don't like, and generally disagree with.
Thus the fun.