Whether to Ignore or not to Ignore

JTT

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:45 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso: Yes, my nose is always brown but that's just the kinda guy I am!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 07:48 pm
In the beginning, I didn't want to change the full experience of A2K, so I never thought I'd use ignore. I didn't thumb at all. I thought my nice slice of Portlandia would be FUBAR'd if I messed with it.

...and then, if just HIS incessant **** would disappear...and then, HIS. Just these two... and her. ...and her - SHE'S a pain in the ass.

Now, I rarely thumb down, but I thumb up osso (due to some weird campaign) and other chicks like firefly and Chai, and some dudes like Finn when I feel they are unfairly maligned. Also thumb up well reasoned or agreeable posts for kudos.

Over a year of no changes. Now, six on ignore, certain I'm on most lists of six - and truthfully, wondering how long I'll stay. Not a big announcement, just saying what I've been thinking.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 09:07 pm
All too often, I believe, posts get thumbed down not because there's anything at all objectionable in the post but, rather, because the thumber hates the poster. To me, that's very unfair and I will routinely up-thumb such posts even when I, too, consider the poster him/herself despicable. I've got most of the truly despicable posters on 'ignore' anyway, but I don't see the point in thumbing down a perfectly harmless post just because you don't like the poster.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 09:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Good point. Actually, I do that myself - although not often. I really don't really care who the poster is when I agree or disagree with their opinion. I try to explain why I disagree, and when possible, try to post a reliable source that supports my opinion.

And to be 'honest,' I also don't challenge any post I disagree with when the poster is an ally when the subject matter isn't all that important. I tend to 'let it slide.'
JTT

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 09:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You've never done that with me, CI. You haven't because you can't. Y'all are too gobsmacked by the crimes of the USA to address them in any honest fashion.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 02:33 am
I never even touch the "thumb" button.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 08:53 am
@Wilso,
You certainly are a big enough coward to do so, Wilso.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Some posters are rational in some threads IE they agree with me Smile and in other threads are totally irrational and not worth reading IE they disagree with me Shocked so an ignore by thread would be nice.

Hell even JTT is worth reading on a few threads that he/she had not yet been able to find a hate the US tie in.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:07 am
@BillRM,
JTT is not worth the waste of time when he posts the same message 99% of the time and 1% chance that he may say something else! Nope; I disagree with you totally.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's just CI the coward talking, CI. When you note the crimes of the USA, the pattern has to be similar. Have you ever read your take on Israel? Your messages, everyone's messages, are the same.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:14 am
@BillRM,
Funny. That's just how I feel about you, Bill. There are those rare times when you're actually tolerable.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:17 am
@BillRM,
Bill: Hell even JTT is worth reading on a few threads that he/she had not yet been able to find a hate the US tie in.
---------------

There's that lame notion again. It always comes from those too cowardly to face the truth.

I don't hate the USA. I hate its war crimes, its terrorism, it's grand hypocrisy, ... .
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:26 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Funny. That's just how I feel about you, Bill. There are those rare times when you're actually tolerable.

Wink
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:27 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Mr newspaper, mr **** fair, puts in an appearance.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
JTT is not worth the waste of time when he posts the same message 99% of the time and 1% chance that he may say something else! Nope; I disagree with you totally.

You seems to be right as I just un-ignore JTT in the thread dealing with the child that die in his father hot car thinking that there is no way that JTT could find a tie in with the US and war crimes.

I was however wrong!!!!!!!!!

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:31 pm
Whether to Ignore or not to Ignore

not
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:37 pm
I have one person on IGNORE...JTT...and I have NEVER had even the slightest urge to "peek in" on any of his posts.

Anyone who has anyone else on IGNORE...and who "peeks in"...ought to re-think what "ignore" means; grow up; or do both.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:38 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I was however wrong!!!!!!!!!

You have to be used to that by now, Bill, as are your brown nosers. Do you think CI was one of them?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frankly Frank I would love to be able to placed you on ignore in just the Snowden thread.

That kind of selected filtering seems to be a worthwhile thing to have, in my opinion, as even if you think that someone have nothing more worthwhile to say in one thread does not need to apply over the whole website.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Frankly Frank I would love to be able to placed you on ignore in just the Snowden thread.

That kind of selected filtering seems to be a worthwhile thing to have, in my opinion, as even if you think that someone have nothing more worthwhile to say in one thread does not need to apply over the whole website.

Sounds like you disagree with my contention that Edward Snowden deserves a fair trial, Bill.

Not sure why that bothers you...but you are correct that the IGNORE feature cannot be used that way.

I'm glad we will be able to interact in other threads.

0 Replies