Blaberings of an American Army sociopath

pistoff

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 06:33 pm
Female GI in abuse scandal felt nothing wrong was done

Kate Zernike, New York Times
Sunday, May 16, 2000

Quote:

In a sworn statement to investigators, Pfc. Lynndie England explained the mystery of why soldiers at Abu Ghraib took pictures of detainees masturbating and piled naked with plastic sandbags over their heads by saying, "We thought it looked funny, so pictures were taken."

England's statement, made May 5, narrates the photos now at the center of the prison abuse scandal in specific detail and a matter-of-fact tone, describing the abuse as routine and sometimes amusing, but almost never, to her mind, out of bounds.

She explains how she put a strap around a detainee's neck and forced him and others to run and crawl down a hallway for "approximately four to six hours"; how one soldier would regularly throw a Nerf football at detainees with bags over their heads "to scare them"; how one soldier would kick detainees and cause open wounds, then "would personally stitch detainees if the wound weren't too bad," according to a copy of her statement given to the New York Times.

Asked if she ever physically abused a detainee, England said, "Yes, I stepped on some of them, push them or pull them, but nothing extreme."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/05/16/MNG156MHD6...

*On top of being a sociopath this person is about the IQ of most Bushco cult members.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 720 • Replies: 7
No top replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:49 am
Then there must be a job for her in the White House as a Presidential intern. :wink:
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:53 am
I agree that she didn't seem too intelligent. About the only thing I heard her say was that she was following orders to abuse the prisoners. Of course the Bushco and intern comments are uncalled-for, as usual, but I guess those are to be expected.

It's such a bizarre situation. I wonder what the chances are that it would ever happen again - a group of prison guards with a lack of conscience combined with a weak mid-level leadership that has no idea what's going on at the lowest level. Maybe it's a combination that's only seen once every 50 years or so, and not always publicized like this one was.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 02:24 am
Been going on for years with Presidential approval at Guantanimo. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:34 am
Is Lynndie England the face of the New World Order? Low level morons who have great power to wield over their victims?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:41 am
John Webb wrote:
Been going on for years with Presidential approval at Guantanimo. Evil or Very Mad

It's also been happening with UFO abductions since the 1950's.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:39 pm
!
"New World Order? Low level morons who have great power to wield over their victims?"

Yes, right from the top of BushCo.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:42 pm
I once read the definition of morality is "doing what's right when no one is watching."

Apparently, there's nothing remotely moral about Bushco and its employees, from Rumsfeld, to Poppy, to Rice, to Cheney, to Wolfowitz, and Bremer.
0 Replies