Does mob mentality rule A2K?

Frank Apisa

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:56 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the original question posed in this thread has been answered, and any posts here forward are the equivalent of farting in the wind.

The original question was farting in an elevator...which, if you think about it a bit, is probably worse than farting in the wind.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:12 am
But don't forget there is also another thing playing here!

Guerilla skleptics and governemnt trolls, to attack and ridicule 'dissidents'

It is funny to see how desperate they are becoming!

adressing those crazy agents:

hi guys and girls! enjoy your job? Well, you will be next. Your 'boss' doesn't give a damn about you!
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:33 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
A2K is an ingroup. Members who express ideas that are not accepted by the ingroup (even if they are well reasoned and thoughtful) are bullied for their nonconformity.

The ingroup here is a relatively recent phenomena. Historically a2k has been a place of enlightened discussion.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:13 am
@oralloy,
nononono wrote:
A2K is an ingroup. Members who express ideas that are not accepted by the ingroup
(even if they are well reasoned and thoughtful) are bullied for their nonconformity.
oralloy wrote:
The ingroup here is a relatively recent phenomena.
Historically a2k has been a place of enlightened discussion.
When I impugn gun control in a liberal forum,
I EXPECT rejection from the audience, b4 I write the post.
If I were not ready for a fight, I 'd not be controversial.

David
lmur

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

nononono wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the original question posed in this thread has been answered, and any posts here forward are the equivalent of farting in the wind.

The original question was farting in an elevator...which, if you think about it a bit, is probably worse than farting in the wind.

And wrong on so many levels.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You're not so much a 'controversy' as you are a gun nut who doesn't understand the impact on our children in this country.

An extremist without much common sense or humanity.
coldjoint

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
An extremist without much common sense or humanity.

His views are not extreme. On the other hand, your stupidity is.
nononono

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:27 am
They caught the guy who robbed our store! Very Happy
OmSigDAVID

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:42 am
@nononono,
CONGRATULATIONS!

Did u id. him ?
nononono

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
no, the police used the video to ID him. Guess he robbed several other stores too.
Region Philbis

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 03:12 am
@nononono,

now we're talkin' rob mentality...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:13 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
no, the police used the video to ID him.
Guess he robbed several other stores too.
The nerve of some people!
If he pleads out, then u need not be concerned
qua testifying against him in court.

David
0 Replies

Miller

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

nononono wrote:
A2K is an ingroup. Members who express ideas that are not accepted by the ingroup
(even if they are well reasoned and thoughtful) are bullied for their nonconformity.
oralloy wrote:

David

Most of A2K seems to consist of an elderly, liberal, "in-group". Scattered among these folks are several, seemingly very-ill individuals, who complain and complain about their poor eyesight,bad teeth, hypo- thyroid, lumpy lung(s),lumpy breast(s), swollen feet ,sore throat and numerous, other weird ( or so it seems)"pathologies". They have nothing else in their lives so they go online and chat ( for years) about their poor health, evil doctors, and expensive medications. Their situation in life has become something like a slow death that never seems to terminate.

NO!, the "in-group" is not recent. the liberals from the old ABUZZ are still here on A2K calling other posters, pigs, racists...etc and promoting their "in-group" agendas. An example, is their non-ending attacks on P. Rosa.

OmSigDavid is probably the only sane and intelligent poster on A2K and thank God, he doesn't belong to any "in-group".

( Stay tuned, as the "in-group" reads the above post and gets ready for the next attack!)
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:28 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

nononono wrote:
oralloy wrote:

David

Most of A2K seems to consist of an elderly, liberal, "in-group". Scattered among these folks are several, seemingly very-ill individuals, who complain and complain about their poor eyesight,bad teeth, hypo- thyroid, lumpy lung(s),lumpy breast(s), swollen feet ,sore throat and numerous, other weird ( or so it seems)"pathologies". They have nothing else in their lives so they go online and chat ( for years) about their poor health, evil doctors, and expensive medications. Their situation in life has become something like a slow death that never seems to terminate.

NO!, the "in-group" is not recent. the liberals from the old ABUZZ are still here on A2K calling other posters, pigs, racists...etc and promoting their "in-group" agendas. An example, is their non-ending attacks on P. Rosa.

OmSigDavid is probably the only sane and intelligent poster on A2K and thank God, he doesn't belong to any "in-group".

( Stay tuned, as the "in-group" reads the above post and gets ready for the next attack!)

Hey, Miller...how ya doin', man?

Hope all is well with you and yours.

I've had a really tough year with my golf, but maybe I have finally pulled things together. My last four games have all broken 90...AND I managed over the last four rounds to par damn near every one of the par 3's I've played. Had a string going of 7 pars on par 3's...which broke up yesterday when I bogied one by missing a putt of about 5 feet.

My teeth are great; my bodily functions are great; my attitude is great...my thing doesn't get as stiff as it used to, but then again, I don't use it as much as I used to.

Keep going strong, Miller. I remember (probably when I was your age) when I very much wanted not to get older.

Now that I am nearly 78, all I want to do is to get older!

You'll see.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:27 am
Quote:
Miller said: ..individuals who complain and complain about their poor eyesight,bad teeth, hypo- thyroid, lumpy lung(s),lumpy breast(s), swollen feet ,sore throat..

Hey you forgot to list my gammy knee, stiff shoulders and migraines!
My underactive thyroid is listed, it often makes me feel cold and sluggish like a cold-blooded reptile but the advantage is I won't show up well on alien infra-red scanners when they invade earth and they'll probably think I'm one of them.
In the meantime I bask on warm rocks along the seafront to keep warm
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .Now that I am nearly 78, all I want to do is to get older!. . .
Definitely better than the alternatives!
hawkeye10

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:56 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Depends, my grandpa made it to 94 and he was not happy about it. His wife was gone, all of his lifelong friends were gone, life got to be a drag mostly. My grandma( his wife) made it to 91, before she died she told me that life for her got to be mentally exhausting, she was mentally exhausted, and she was more than ready to die.
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Depends, my grandpa made it to 94 and he was not happy about it. His wife was gone, all of his lifelong friends were gone, life got to be a drag mostly. My grandma( his wife) made it to 91, before she died she told me that life for her got to be mentally exhausting, she was mentally exhausted, and she was more than ready to die.

Thanks for the encouragement, Hawk! Wink
hawkeye10

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement, Hawk!

no problem, as always your mileage may vary. However we americans have a knee jerk bias towards quantity over quality.
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement, Hawk!

no problem, as always your mileage may vary. However we americans have a knee jerk bias towards quantity over quality.

Yeah, you are correct about that.

But right now...the quality is about the best it has ever been. (Although in my golf game, my drives are 20 - 30 yards shorter. But I am playing from the senior tees...so I gain a bit of that back!)
0 Replies