New? Introduce Yourself! ❤

JTT

Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:52 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Me and my mates used to practise the Monkee walk in the playground.

You'd have been leading and teaching that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:02 pm
@Linkat,
He was my favorite Monkee too, but probably because as a young kid he starred in the TV Show Circus Boy. It ran on Sundays either before of after Lassie. Wallace Beery Jr. played a clown
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e2/80/ab/e280abdd2d4902b1c2d87396c8d0142b.jpg

I saw him and his band at a July 4th Tea Party rally held a couple of years ago at the Southfork Ranch (location of the Dallas TV series). He played a bunch of Monkee hits, but apparently doesn't want to be defined by that show and treated us to (too many of) songs from his current album (Available at the concession stands for $9.99). They were not memorable.

His sister CoCo performs with him. I realize this is cruel, but she's seen better days.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/d6/cb/f2d6cb6eda915c45f030ad403ade9f31.jpg

http://ilovemickydolenz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/mickycoco.jpg
He's bald now and always wears a hat.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/person/photo/dolenz-175.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 06:32 am
@chai2,
I am also of Polish descent - on my mother's side. Her parents came from Warsaw when Poland was not a country.

I am unable to completely understand the meaning of potzrebie. But I think it is important.
0 Replies

danielcollins

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:02 pm
@ShyanneRae,
Hello,
I am Daniel and new to this forum. This is a great forum site with all categories.
I am excited to share my knowledge with all forum members.
Thanks!!
0 Replies

clueless7321

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:15 pm
@ShyanneRae,
Hello, I am a single mom of three, Cancer survivor, and just trying to lay low without drama, and just enjoy raising my last child. The other two are doing well, and I am enjoying babying the baby. Actually they are 26, 19, and 10. So I soaked that baby cuteness for almost three decades now.. I am a proud momma. I don't get out a lot and enjoy making conversation, even if it is with strangers. I am the type of person that when I do go to Wally World for a pair of shoe laces, and three hours later I am still in conversation with a stranger who swears I am a friend of her daughter, or remind them of someone..... People usually open up to me, and I am not sure why. I am Italian and I don't smile a lot. I don't like my smile, and I think I look mean and grumpy...lol. I am not. I am about five feet tall, and I guess I look like a MOM..lol. I feel like I am a MOM to many.. Anyway, I have babbled enough. Thank you for letting me express myself.. Peace.
0 Replies

Xocolatl

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:21 am
Hello Smile

I am a 29 year old Dutch girl who loves debating and seeks knowledge.

This forum seems to be a perfect place for that, so glad I found it!

My interests are broad, I am interested in religion, politics, spirituality, philosophy, art, cooking, photography, nature and more and I am a writer so I am sure I will be able to contribute interesting material to these boards.
ascribbler

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:46 am
@Xocolatl,
Welcome.
0 Replies

justlexi

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:19 am
I guess I am the latest member of this community.
A bit of a background, I have two Siberian Husky at home, lately, they are being too playful and have broken a couple of stuff at home. I am thinking of setting up a
wood pet gate to create a boundary, especially at night.
0 Replies

Mookie1312

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:45 pm
@ShyanneRae,
Hello everyone! Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada.

About me: I'm a schlepper of overlooked goods and gatherer of swept-aside wallflowers. Lover of chutzpah and defender of the discarded.

My 5 dogs run the show. I occasionally use a cane for balance and wear hearings aids to...ah...hear all the nonsense. So much deluded gibberish and deafening cheers for fraudulent shell games.

I try desperately to keep my mind open, think freely, question the unknown and dislike New Age bullies and Snake Oil peddlers.

Beastie Boys are on heavy rotation in my rumpus room.
0 Replies

EmanuelHarris

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:41 am
Hello, I am Emanuel Harris : ) from the United States. I am a newbie here. I was just searching for a forum where I can introduce myself to everyone. Is there anyone who can tell me what the rules and regulations are for this forum?
hightor

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:46 am
@EmanuelHarris,
Welcome to A2K. At the bottom of this page, under the heading "able2know", the rules of this site are listed.
EmanuelHarris

Wed 13 Apr, 2022 06:31 am
@hightor,
Frank Apisa

Wed 13 Apr, 2022 01:26 pm
@EmanuelHarris,
EmanuelHarris wrote:

Hello, I am Emanuel Harris : ) from the United States. I am a newbie here. I was just searching for a forum where I can introduce myself to everyone. Is there anyone who can tell me what the rules and regulations are for this forum?

Hi, Emanuel.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Interesting place. Some of us have been together for over two decades.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 16 Apr, 2022 12:39 am
@EmanuelHarris,
There are many long term members, but it's always wonderful to meet new people and add some freshness to the conversation. Please be patient with us, sometimes we come off a little rigid, sometimes impatient but we do warm up as days go on. Hope you enjoy the forum and stay, So, I'm sending you a big Hello from the usual party planners and hoping it will meet your needs for diversity.
0 Replies

HlprMomma

Wed 23 Nov, 2022 10:33 pm
Hello, I'm Lianne! I'm a proud mother of a son who is 8 and daughter who is 11. I try to be a loving and fair mom, but i also let my kids know there are boundaries and rules in place BECAUSE of that love. I work with families regularly out think of it similar to a supernanny type thing,
a family counsellor.

I was raised pretty loving but structured and old fashioned, so im kind of same way now, but even those who arent often find my advice to be effective.
I don't have alot of online mom friends to talk to and support one another, so it could be nice!
bobsal u1553115

Thu 24 Nov, 2022 03:28 pm
@HlprMomma,

Very interested in corporal punishment, aren't you?
0 Replies