Football ("soccer") is a sign of U.S.A.’s moral decay

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:53 pm
@Advocate,
Israel was in the UEFA qualifying group F for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. They finished third (behind Russia and Portugal), and didn't qualify.

Japan didn't get in the round of 16 in Brazil.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:55 pm
@Advocate,
What lie did I "join in"?
Germlat

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:04 pm
@Olivier5,
So...who do you think will the World Cup? Sunday will be a big day. I think Germany. If that happens it'll be the first time a European team wins the World Cup in the Americas. I never go to sports bars ...but my husband and I are planning to go out and watch the game and have a good time.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:14 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

You are in the same league as that Japanese slimeball, CI.

And I'm wagering that you don't recognize the irony of this comment in light of the following one you posted earlier:

Quote:
She out-and-out called Al Gore a fag, later saying that she was just joking. Some joke!
Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I guess you have not noticed that CI now likes to call me that Jew so and so.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:05 pm
@Advocate,
With all our posts about Bush doing it too, I already know you weren't paying attention when your Mom told you that Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right.

I guess you never noticed that I've confronted CI, in the past, on this practice of his.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:45 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I guess you have not noticed that CI now likes to call me that Jew so and so.

Not actually seen CI say that, but if he is that's terrible. He should be calling you a racist piece of crap.

Check out Pamela Rosa's White victims of black crime thread to see Advocate in his racist finery.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 01:22 pm
@Germlat,
Don't know... too much work and I lost interest when France went out. I suppose the German fest of yesterday indicates they have pretty strong chances.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Never noticed C.I. .doing things in that context..sounds unlike him.
Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

With all our posts about Bush doing it too, I already know you weren't paying attention when your Mom told you that Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right.

I guess you never noticed that I've confronted CI, in the past, on this practice of his.

First, you are lying when you say I keep posting about "Bush doing it (sic) too."

Second, I finally decided to give CI (the Japanese slimeball) a taste of his own medicine. Hey, I'm human.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:14 pm
The Argentina/Netherlands game made my argument. It was two great teams that went scoreless for 120 boring minutes. (The game was finally decided in the stupid shoot-out that came after the 120 minutes.)

There is nothing holy about the present soccer rules. Adjustments are needed.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:20 pm
@Advocate,
Rubbish, despite the score I wasn't bored, there were quite a few chances. If you don't like football don't watch it, nobody's making you. We like it just the way it is. The only change likely to happen is the use of a 2nd referee, to study video, but that won't happen soon.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:24 pm
@Germlat,
Both Advocate and Foofie make a great deal of CI's Japanese heritage.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Or a referee or asst. ref in the goal areas. (That's not my idea, but I read it and that sounded smart if hard to work out.)

I get that the rigamarole of watching videos to decide would kill the ongoing speed/pacing of the matches.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Goal line technology has only just arrived. Wheels turn slowly in the world of FIFA.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:33 pm
@izzythepush,
I've read CI for more than a decade and met him a few times. He can get peppery when agitated (and so can most of us, whether or not we type here on a2k with what we think, straight out, or spend years being as constrictedly polite as possible and trying to still represent ourselves - we all get angry), but I don't remember him ever knocking jews as such. That is probably based on assumptions that anyone who doesn't like what the Israeli right has been up to is by definition anti-semitic. That's a dumb assumption.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:40 pm
CI is one of the most non racist persons you ever will encounter. He has to be taken in context, and read consistently, to see that.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes to that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Ah, so.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
CI's lies about Israel tell me he is anti-Semitic. Just a few days ago he said that communities INSIDE Israel are surrounded by barbed wire and walls. His proof mentions places outside of Israel's borders. He loves to lie about the number of Pals killed by Israel, referring to a figure that includes Egyptians, Jordanians, et al., killed by Israel in its wars with the Arabs. I could go on.

Doubtlessly, he is a Japanese slimeball.