Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn does Vogue.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 06:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And Pauline Kael didn't know anyone who voted for Nixon.

Drop the "oxy" and you have a fair description of your comment.

The narrowness of your experience is proof of nothing beyond how politics affects your tastes.

I think your really poor writing says a lot about you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 07:28 pm
@Advocate,
Really poor? Surely it's not that bad.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 07:30 pm
@glitterbag,
Bye-bye
JTT

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 07:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What a quick breakup! No nooky for either of you.

Maybe glitter, or both of you, are playing hard to get.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 10:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
My question was: is Coulter a comic?

If she is, you comparison to another comic means: Coulter's not the worse comic out there on the US comic scene.

If she isn't, your comparison means nothing.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

My question was: is Coulter a comic?

If she is, you comparison to another comic means: Coulter's not the worse comic out there on the US comic scene.

If she isn't, your comparison means nothing.

Sometimes it helps to be clear about what you are asking the first time around. In this case, though, I'm still not clear on what you're driving at.

I wouldn't call Coulter a "Comic," but I'm not sure what the definition of "Comic" is. Generally I reserve that title for people like Jonathan Winters, Richard Pryor, Louis C.K., Jim Norton and the like.

I would call Coulter a comical writer, pundit or personality.

She gives speeches that are comic, Garafolo does "stand-up" which, in her case, is not much more than an incoherent speech that is not very comical.
I don't know what Garafolo considers her profession to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't "Comic." I don't consider her a "Comic" per se.

In any case, Garafolo came up in conjunction with your comment about Coulter's looks, and was an example of someone I can say is fairly attractive despite the fact that I think she is a pretty much a talentless idiot. My point was that people should be able to divorce politics from consideration of a-political characteristics, such as whether or not someone is physically attractive or humorous. I also provided an example of someone (Bill Maher) who I found to be humorous despite largely disagreeing with his politics. If I was comparing Coulter to anyone, it was him.

If Coulter is not a "Comic" than any comparison to Garafolo is hardly meaningless. If someone who is not a "Comic" is funnier than someone who is, that certainly say something about the quality of comedic talent of the "Comic." You're funnier than Garafolo, but that says more about her than you.

If Garafolo is a "Comic" than virtually every other American "Comic" is not the worst on the US comedy scene, and obviously that would include brilliant "Comics" so your attempt to render yet another of your negative opinions of Coulter is pretty strained here.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sometimes it helps not to try and avoid an argument.

Comparing Counter to an unknown (to me) stand-up comedian implied that Coulter should be classified as a stand-up a comedian, a joker.

Which of course she is, at core...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 02:27 pm
@Olivier5,
25th minutes in Brasil ... I must have be on the wrong program .. 0:4 ...
Germlat

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 04:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow!! So far Germany 7 and Brazil 1...I think it'll be interesting when Germany
Plays Argentina ( I think that's what will happen). I would like to see if Kloser can break the world record.
fbaezer

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 04:54 pm
@Germlat,
Klose did break Ronaldo's record in the game against Brazil.
Germlat

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:11 pm
@fbaezer,
Ok....I don't follow too closely anymore. I thought it was a tie between Kloser/Ronaldo 15/15 . When was this? BTW-- I was only referring to World Cup scores.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 09:50 pm
@Germlat,
It was a tie ... until today, when Klose scored his 16th.
Germlat

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:59 am
@Ticomaya,
I wanted to watch the game but only got to hear the scores. I was working . Glad to hear Klose broke the tie though.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:50 am
The German play was fabulous, with wonderful set plays in Brazil's box. I have never seen passing as good as Germany pulled off. In the end, I think a lot of Brazilians were rooting for the Germans.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:51 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Sometimes it helps not to try and avoid an argument.

Comparing Counter to an unknown (to me) stand-up comedian implied that Coulter should be classified as a stand-up a comedian, a joker.

Which of course she is, at core...

I agree that Coulter is essentially a joker. However, the rub is that the right takes her seriously.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:27 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
I agree that Coulter is essentially a joker.

Except when she speaks of Israel. Then you love her...

You're a joker too, advy.
Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I agree that Coulter is essentially a joker.

Except when she speaks of Israel. Then you love her...

You're a joker too, advy.

I see that you are another Israel hater. You are in the same league as that Japanese slimeball, CI.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:43 pm
@Advocate,
I like CI. None of us is a hater though, but YOU are clearly one sad sad little hater.
Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:47 pm
@Olivier5,
I notice that you happily join in on any new lie that denigrates Israel. You are definitely an Israel hater.