Football ("soccer") is a sign of U.S.A.’s moral decay

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Whatever CI's personality may be in or outside of this forum, Advocate is not being inaccurate when he writes that CI has referred to him more than once as "that Jew."

I'll leave it to you to determine if that is offensive, anti-Semetic, or peppery.
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:56 pm
@Advocate,
Perhaps you might consider taking your personal grudge elsewhere? This is a thread about Soccer. Besides, your credibility wanes mightily when you attempt to tear CI's character down just because you happen to disagree with his POV.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:05 pm
@Ragman,
Well, it's also a thread about Ann Coulter and, like most threads, it has developed tributaries. There is at least one other thread (and probably more) that is more truly devoted to Soccer.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I dunno, maybe you're right. He has likely been called 'that Jap' many times in his early life. He's older than me (even) and I remember defending my japanese friends to my anti-jap aunt, when we were just past living in her house (I met many people different from me just after that and my opinions rumbled for years later).

But even if he said that, I take him as not scourging all people of jewish heritage, just one rather virulent one.

- I used scourging with intent, but only humorous intent. Bad woman.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Tributaries, good visualization of what happens.

Meantime, off to the football threads.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:17 pm
@ossobuco,
I am right.

Whatever leeway you give him is up to you.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have never seen CI use that expression, but have seen Advocate call CI a "Japanese slimeball". Advocate is clearly a racist based on his behaviour on the "white victims of black crimes" thread, so I would take any thing he says about the topic with a lot of salt.
Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:23 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Perhaps you might consider taking your personal grudge elsewhere? This is a thread about Soccer. Besides, your credibility wanes mightily when you attempt to tear CI's character down just because you happen to disagree with his POV.

I don't mind CI disagreeing with me. However, I do mind his unrelenting lies about Israel and its people, and his personal attacks on me.

Regarding this thread, I don't recall how we got away from soccer.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:25 pm
Meantime, Cicerone Imposter is US american. Me too, I'm born of a confused american irish couple in Los Angeles in the very early forties, who married in 1935. (I assume they overlooked all their differences, in the mistiness.)

So............. how are the irish with football?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:27 pm
@Olivier5,
I have and it resulted in an exchange between he and I which is why I remember it. You can take that with as much or as little salt as you would like.

Obviously I'm not defending Advocate's comment about CI. You'll note I brought his hypocrisy to his attention.

I'm merely pointing out that despite all the testimonials for CI, and regardless of Advocate's character, he is not being inaccurate in saying that CI has referred to him as "that Jew."

It is only of any interest to me in terms of the apparent leeway provided "friends" who make remarks that would otherwise be condemned as offensive.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:35 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Doubtlessly, he is a Japanese slimeball.

No need to check out Pamela Rosa's thread for an example of Advocate's racism.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:41 pm
Natters: do irish do football?
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:53 pm
@Advocate,
FWIW, I'm a Jew. Furthermore, call me 'that Jew' and see whether or not I care. Why would I care if someone did?! However, if you call someone
'Japanese slimeball' - now you are engaging in racist screed.

While, I don't agree with CI's views I've read in the past on Israel, I'm not ruffled about it..and I refuse to engage in ad hominem attacks. I distinguish between being critical of Israel and Israeli gov't policies and being critical of Jews, Jewish religion or Jews in general. Being critical of Israeli policy doesn't make him anti-Jewish (note that I didn't refer to anti-Semitism which is a misleading term).

I respect CI, and if he doesn't agree with me, he certainly can express himself however he feels without rancor or attacks on his heritage. Why do you engage is such a manner? Are you that thin-skinned or in need of anger management?

Olivier5

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I have and it resulted in an exchange between he and I which is why I remember it.

Do you remember the thread? Can you point to the message perhaps? Context is important.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:09 pm
@Ragman,
Yes to all you said.

I do take it that Advocate takes present policies of the Israeli government as a test of semiticism or antisemicism.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:14 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

FWIW, I'm a Jew. Furthermore, call me 'that Jew' and see whether or not I care. Why would I care if someone did?! However, if you call someone

While, I don't agree with CI's views I've read in the past on Israel, I'm not ruffled about it..and I refuse to engage in ad hominem attacks. I distinguish between being critical of Israel and Israeli gov't policies and being critical of Jews, Jewish religion or Jews in general. Being critical of Israeli policy doesn't make him anti-Jewish (note that I didn't refer to anti-Semitism which is a misleading term).

I respect CI, and if he doesn't agree with me, he certainly can express himself however he feels without rancor or attacks on his heritage. Why do you engage is such a manner? Are you that thin-skinned or in need of anger management?

CI didn't just call me a Jew. He referred to me, for instance, as "Jewish ignoramus." Moreover, he did this type of thing numerous times. It was only then that I began referring to him as "Japanese slimeball." Under your logic, his referring to me as "Jewish this or that, would be racist.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:17 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Ragman wrote:

CI didn't just call me a Jew. He referred to me, for instance, as "Jewish ignoramus." Moreover, he did this type of thing numerous times. It was only then that I began referring to him as "Japanese slimeball." Under your logic, his referring to me as "Jewish this or that, would be racist.

This is a personal fight. He obviously refers to Advocate that way, because he wears his Jewishness like Don Quixote's armor. If CI went around denouncing all Jews, it would be a whole nother matter.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:18 pm
Sorry, that made me laugh.

We all get called ingnoramouses, sometimes for good reason.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
true
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:07 pm
@Olivier5,
I'm afraid not.

I don't wish to become involved in a discussion of CI's character. I only brought it up because some folks were doubting the veracity of Advocate's claim, and while I am hardly in league with him on anything, in this matter he was accurate. As I wrote to him, earlier in this thread, I confronted CI at the time because I too was convinced he meant it as a slur.

The thread is out there somewhere if anyone continues to doubt me or Advocate. I'm finished with the subject though.
0 Replies