Physician Retirement

gollum

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:30 pm
I went to a physician years ago. I understand that he is now retired. If he sold his practice, perhaps the purchaser has my records. How would I find out and obtain my records?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 12:59 am
@gollum,
Call the office and ask.
gollum

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 03:50 am
@Roberta,
I don't remember the address. Besides, since he is retired, the office would no longer exist. (Unless someone bought the practice from him and continued it. But I don't know this to be the case or how to research it.)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 06:25 am
If this has been several years and you don't even know the address, then most likely these records have been destroyed.

If you ever had a hospital procedure, perhaps they would know who took over that Dr's practice.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 07:42 am
You could try calling the local County Medical Association - they might know or advise you.
gollum

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 04:21 pm
@ossobuco,
PUNKEY and ossobuco-
Thank you. I wonder if it comes within the provisions of HIPAA.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 04:29 pm
@gollum,
I've been out of the med world since 1980, have no idea what hipaa is.

I admit to continuing reading a fair amount about medicine, but I still don't know what that hipaa is.

Don't you google?
gollum

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:02 am
@ossobuco,
ossobucco-
Thank you.

Your Profile lists your occupation as Occupation painter; retired/landscape architect. Therefore, I do not understand your statement, "I've been out of the med world since 1980...."

HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is an act of Congress that provides for privacy standards for medical records.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 07:41 am
@gollum,
If you actually read my profile, you will see I worked in laboratories first. (Also, before that worked in a doctor's office and various hospital jobs while I went to school; those aren't mentioned in the profile.)
The profile is typed on the left side of the profile page.
0 Replies