can you translate this for me from latin to english

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 08:05 pm
caesar cum in italiam venisset senatorum copias ubique vicit. Pompeius, quid ad Aegyptum navigaverat, Ptolemaei regis iussu occisus ese. Eo secutus Caesar in magnum periculum venit: nam ab exercitu, quem Ptolemaeus collegerat, repente oppugnatus nando vitam servavit, manu interea tenens libros illos quos de bello scripserat. Postea tamen mira celeritate hostes omnes superavit: quas victorias his verbis nuntiavit, 'Veni, vidi, vici.'
Dictator creatus maxima cum clementia inimic omnibus parcebat optimasque leges tulit. Priusquam tamen omnia quae in animo habebat peragere posset ab inimicus in Curia occisus est. Equibus unus, M. Britus nomine, olim inimicus, postea in amicitiam ab illo acceptus erat. Hunc ubi vidit, 'Et tu, Brute!' clamavit, nec diutius resistebat: multis vulneribus transfixus prope statuam Pompeii cecidit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,410 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ShyanneRae

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 02:25 pm
@michaelmilo,
When Caesar was everywhere, he came to Italy, defeated the forces of the senators. Pompey, what sailed to Egypt, King Ptolemy's order was served. Attached himself to Caesar, a very serious aspect it is come: for by his army, Ptolemy had gathered suddenly attacked and saved by swimming, holding hands at the same time these books were written about the war. Afterwards, however, with a wonderful speed of the enemy he surpassed all men, and all those victories these words and told, 'I came, I saw, I conquered.' The dictator has been created with the greatest enemy of all the clemency of sparing of good character he passed laws. Before that, however, it was his intention to carry out all that is in it could be the enemy in the Court life. Steers and one Briton, named Marcus, a former enemy, after the agreement that was acceptable. When he saw it, 'And you too, Brutus! " called to him, were not able long resisted: many wounds, transfixed by the image of Pompeii fell.
timur

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 02:48 pm
@ShyanneRae,
Why you would think this is a decent translation is beyond me.

Online translators can give you an idea but other than that they do a crappy job..
ShyanneRae

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 02:52 pm
@timur,
My apologies, I just wanted to help. :/
timur

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 02:55 pm
@ShyanneRae,
No problem..
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:51 pm
@ShyanneRae,
I hate to gang up on you, but have you ever studied latin or any language other than English? You cannot substitute word for word English words for Latin. If one were to say in English "today is such a beautiful day", using the word for word swap it could come out: a beautiful day, today is such.
0 Replies