Colon Powell has Snapped!!!

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:58 pm
WASHINGTON, May 13 (Reuters) -

"Nothing has gone wrong" in Iraq, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said on Thursday, despite widespread outrage at U.S. abuse of prisoners, an entrenched insurgency and a looming transfer of sovereignty.

Powell has generally been less reluctant than other top administration officials to acknowledge shortcomings in U.S. policies. But his remark to a Danish TV station appeared more representative of an administration that is often criticized for failing to admit its mistakes, especially over its increasingly unpopular handling of Iraq.

Powell was asked what went wrong if polls show most Iraqis want the U.S. occupiers to leave, allies are at odds with Washington over Iraq and experts believe American policies have helped created more recruits for terror groups.

"Nothing has gone wrong," he replied. "A dictator is gone. Saddam Hussein has gone."

more

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N13688259.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 804 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 09:09 pm
His name is Colin. Not Colon.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 09:38 pm
pistoff,

Well, as I live and breath. That's like finding someone lying in the street bleeding, asking them if they want help and having them reply, "No, I'm fine I do this sort of thing all the time. Could you please hand me my arm, it's over there in the gutter"

Sam
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 10:40 pm
!
My theory is that Colon is addicted to ambian and it has screwed up his brain so bad that he cannot discern what reality is anymore.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 05:25 am
I always thought his name was colon too, I guess because that is how it sounds.

In any case, I have said it before, Colin Powell is a mystery.

Quote:
Well, as I live and breath. That's like finding someone lying in the street bleeding, asking them if they want help and having them reply, "No, I'm fine I do this sort of thing all the time. Could you please hand me my arm, it's over there in the gutter"

That sums it up nicely.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 06:02 am
Honey, Powel is just so over! It's time for Powel and Rummy the Dummy to take a long, long vacation. One lasting about 30 years! LOL!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 06:06 am
Pride. The sin from which all others flow. The sin that caused Lucifer to be cast from heaven and will hopefully cause bush to be cast from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 02:13 pm
?
"Colin Powell is a mystery."

If you can spare the time, I am interested in why you feel that he is.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 06:19 pm
This
This is a brain on Ambian.

Powell says Iraqis could like occupation

Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) acknowledged Thursday that the majority of Iraqis want U.S. forces out of their country but suggested their opposition to the occupation would be reversed "in a minute" if security was restored.

Although he allowed that the U.S. faces difficulties in Iraq (news - web sites), Powell offered a generally optimistic outlook on the situation there as he prepared to play host to discussions Friday with his counterparts from some of the world's richest and most influential nations, the Group of Eight.

The meeting Friday in Washington comes as the U.S. is embarking on an effort to gain international support and legitimacy for the transitional government scheduled to take power in Iraq after June 30, a government that will come without any reduction in the U.S. military presence.

The stakes are high on all fronts as the U.S. begins dealing with the international community on the political, legal, economic and security issues raised by the rapidly approaching hand-over to a still undefined interim government.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/chitribts/20040514/ts_c...
0 Replies