is Reincarnations theory true ??

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:24 pm
it that theory true ??

View best answer, chosen by ibouvousaime
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:45 pm
@ibouvousaime,
You ever meet anybody who came back? I mean who claimed to be someone other than Cleopatra or Elvis. Because there have been a helluva lot more peasants than there have been kings in history. But it always seems, whenever anyone claims to be reincarnated, that they were some noble this, that, or the other thing. If it exists - and I bet you it doesn't - then the number of people who came from anyone famous is vanishingly small.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:50 pm
Of course it's true. I used to be Sinbad the Sailor, in another incarnation.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 03:57 pm
@ibouvousaime,
Given that the world population has been growing rapidly in the last couple of thousand years I think if reincarnation were true we would have a severe shortage of reusable souls by now.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:12 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

You ever meet anybody who came back? I mean who claimed to be someone other than Cleopatra or Elvis. Because there have been a helluva lot more peasants than there have been kings in history. But it always seems, whenever anyone claims to be reincarnated, that they were some noble this, that, or the other thing. If it exists - and I bet you it doesn't - then the number of people who came from anyone famous is vanishingly small.

You know what?
I knew someone who whole heartedly believed she'd been here before, and she was just a regular person in her previous life.

My husband believes in reincarnation. I don't believe or disbelieve what he has to say, but as the years go on, more and more stuff happens that causes me to wonder about him. Too many things coming together. Can't explain it any better than that.

As far as the charlatans out there, well, they are there.
Someone gave me a book once, wanting me to read it, because it provided "proof"
I gave it back to them halfway through. When asked why I did, I showed them one (out of many) passages that was BS.
It was about someone who was hypnotized and was talking about how they were some person from years ago. The hypnotist asked the person while they were under "What year is it?"
The person replied "175 BC"

I said to the book lender "No one would ever say they were born in a year BC. They would only be BC according to a more modern calendar." At first the person didn't get it, telling me "But what if they were born in BC?"

BC as compared to what?

I love it. Like people were walking around saying "Well, this year 17BC was really tough. Let's hope 16BC will be better."

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:41 pm
In my previous life, i was a retrovirus. But my descendants killed eight hundred million humans.

(oops)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:46 pm
@Setanta,
It's so retro to have been retro. I've been a transgender bookworm
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
A surprising number of us are somehow related to William the Conqueror. Not directly, and somewhat diluted, of course.
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:52 pm
This is my third time being me...
Oh wait , that was Groundhog Day....never mind
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:55 pm
@roger,
Indeed. I've knotted the tapestry of Bayeux, too.
roger

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 05:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh, that's nothing. It hurt like hell when they snatched out that rib, and trust me; Eve wasn't worth it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 05:27 pm
I don't know if it's true. I'm agnostic about all religions.

However, I do try to live my life as if karma and reincarnation are real things because coming back for another stab at getting it right sounds way better than other religions ideas about eternal life in Heaven (which sounds kind of boring to me).
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 08:18 pm
@ibouvousaime,
If its true, is it still theory?
boomerang

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Gravity is still a theory.

So is evolution.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:07 pm
@boomerang,
In science, it doesn't get named a theory, unless it is true.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 12:45 am
@ibouvousaime,
I was a highwayman
Along the coach roads, I did ride
with sword and pistol by my side
Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade
The bastards hung me in the spring of '25
But I am still alive

I was a sailor
I was born upon the tide
and with the sea I did abide
I sailed a schooner 'round the Horn of Mexico
I went aloft to furl the mainsail in a blow
And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed
But I am living still

I was a dam builder
Across the river, deep and wide
Where steel and water did collide
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around
I'll always be around and around and around
And around and around and around

I fly a star ship
Across the universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps, I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
And I'll be back again and again and again
And again and again and again

Jimmy Webb
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 12:54 am
Reincarnation has as much chance of being true as any other religious superstition.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 01:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
In science, it doesn't get named a theory, unless it is true.

lol, lol, lol

completely wrong!
It is called a theory if it can fool people!!!

Hilarious this one! And extremely naive!
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 01:54 am
Quote:
Scientific Proof of Reincarnation Dr. Ian Stevenson's Life Work

http://reluctant-messenger.com/images/ian-stevenson.jpg

Probably the best known, if not most respected, collection of scientific data that appears to provide scientific proof that reincarnation is real, is the life's work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. Instead of relying on hypnosis to verify that an individual has had a previous life, he instead chose to collect thousands of cases of children who spontaneously (without hypnosis) remember a past life. Dr. Ian Stevenson uses this approach because spontaneous past life memories in a child can be investigated using strict scientific protocols. Hypnosis, while useful in researching into past lives, is less reliable from a purely scientific perspective. In order to collect his data, Dr. Stevenson methodically documents the child's statements of a previous life. Then he identifies the deceased person the child remembers being, and verifies the facts of the deceased person's life that match the child's memory. He even matches birthmarks and birth defects to wounds and scars on the deceased, verified by medical records. His strict methods systematically rule out all possible "normal" explanations for the child’s memories.

Dr. Stevenson has devoted the last forty years to the scientific documentation of past life memories of children from all over the world. He has over 3000 cases in his files. Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.

Dr. Stevenson's credentials are impeccable. He is a medical doctor and had many scholarly papers to his credit before he began paranormal research. He is the former head of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, and now is Director of the Division of Personality Studies at the University of Virginia.

In order to help the reader become familiar with Dr. Stevenson's work, a 1988 Omni Magazine Interview is reprinted below. Following the interview is a summary of one of Dr. Stevenson's most famous cases.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 01:56 am
Quote:
Scientific Evidence for Reincarnation by Dr Ian Stevenson

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWMEWubrk0
0 Replies