Car broke down am I eligible for UI benifits in Missouri?

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:29 am
I've been employed at a factory for aprox 2 1/2 years through a temp service.. I wasnt feeling well about a week ago and called off of work giving ample notice.

This week the night before I was supposed to return to work my car wouldnt start/broke down so I immediately called my job and notified them of the situation.

I was schedualed to work two days wed and thurs... I called with ample notice both days and kept the temporary agenct informed of the situation.. I recieved a call thursday afternoon the last day I was schedualed to work from the temp office that the factory was terminating my contract.

Am I eligible for unemployment in the state of Missouri?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 568 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:48 am
@MAXsandwich,
I think you are going to have to have a legal residence in the state for at least 30 days before being considered a citizen of Missouri before you can even think about applying for anything to do with Missouri state benefits.

Plus, in most US states, you aren't technically qualified for unemployment in the state you were working in.

You weren't laid off. You were fired due to negligence. It's unfair but that's how many states deal out their UI.

Also, I don't believe you will be able to get unemployment insurance for Missouri as your job isn't in that state and your former employee was paying unemployment insurance into that state's UI coffers not Missouri.
http://labor.mo.gov/sites/default/files/pubs_forms/M-INF-151-AI.pdf
MAXsandwich

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 09:07 am
@tsarstepan,
I guess my post might have been confusing, as I have a lot of thoughts going through my head right now and maintaining a clear train of thought requires more effort than normal, but to clarify Im a life long resident of Missouri and the job was also in this state.

Any advice and or knowledge passed on is greatly appreated.

0 Replies