Wrong Word

marbel

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 10:02 pm
When I write essays my teacher always tells me that my grammar sucks and that I use words awkwardly. Basically my expressions are awkward. So now I randomly selected 10 words and put it in 10 different sentences. I really want people to correct my grammar and make my sentences better.Sad

Uprisings:
Social networking sites and applications has uprose due to the advent of advanced technology.

Ostracise:
People belonging to the minority are ostracised and ridiculed for being different from the dominant majority.

Hierarchy:
There exists in the society a natural and vicious cycle of hierarchy that of which makes the people live and tolerate uprisings of discrimination.

Conjuration:
Many people nowadays take for granted the commodities they are able to procure, as though it is through conjugation that we enjoy such goods.

Procure:
Students can easily feign sickness and procure medical certificates in order to skip classes.

Deprecate:
Exposure to unrealistic and altered physical attributes in advertisements and on cover magazines affect our standards which results in an inevitable deprecation of not only ourselves but also the people around us.

beset:
Words can be used as a weapon to beset our enemies and at the same time as a tool to enforce our alliance with our partners.

Frivolous:
While some school rules are seen as frivolous by students, it's true value lies in the implications concerning such 'insignificant' regulation.

rectify:
There is a need to rectify most of our beliefs about money being a powerful source of authority and happiness.

Auspicious:
To be auspicious is what every human in the world desires.

I'm taking Cambridge A levels this year and I really need all the help I can get. I'm fine with people criticising my English. Please be harsh:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 468 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by marbel
dalehileman

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:25 am
@marbel,
Uprisings:
Social networking sites and applications have arisen due to (owing to, with) the advent of advanced technology
0 Replies

contrex
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:56 am
@marbel,
Uprisings:
Social networking sites and applications has uprose due to the advent of advanced technology.

That's not what 'uprisings' means, and 'uprose' is not a word.

Ostracise:
People belonging to the minority are ostracised and ridiculed for being different from the dominant majority.

OK

Hierarchy:
There exists in the society a natural and vicious cycle of hierarchy that of which makes the people live and tolerate uprisings of discrimination.

This sentence doesn't actually mean anything.

Conjuration:
Many people nowadays take for granted the commodities they are able to procure, as though it is through conjugation that we enjoy such goods.

It somehow went from conjuration to conjugation, while the sentence is about neither of those things.

Procure:
Students can easily feign sickness and procure medical certificates in order to skip classes.

OK

Deprecate:
Exposure to unrealistic and altered physical attributes in advertisements and on cover magazines affect our standards which results in an inevitable deprecation of not only ourselves but also the people around us.

OK

beset:
Words can be used as a weapon to beset our enemies and at the same time as a tool to enforce our alliance with our partners.

Nope.

Frivolous:
While some school rules are seen as frivolous by students, it's true value lies in the implications concerning such 'insignificant' regulation.

Some school rules - plural. Its has no apostrophe

rectify:
There is a need to rectify most of our beliefs about money being a powerful source of authority and happiness.

Hmmm

Auspicious:
To be auspicious is what every human in the world desires.

Nope.

I'm taking Cambridge A levels this year and I really need all the help I can get. I'm fine with people criticising my English. Please be harsh:)

You aren't ready for A level this year.
marbel

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 08:01 am
@contrex,
I know I'm not ready. I'm not planning on acing my GP paper. Thanks for replying anyway:)
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2014 12:16 pm
@marbel,
Hierarchy:
There exists in the society a natural and vicious cycle of hierarchy allowing its people to live but tolerating any uprisings of discrimination.
0 Replies