A Bright Spot in the Chaos

blatham

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:41 pm
Yes. Anything done by anyone where the goal is to lessen suffering is, I think, at the top of the list of good things humans do for other humans.
0 Replies

Archbishop

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 04:19 am
I fear the Lord has abandoned Iraq, due to the worship there of so many other Gods, that to remain would bring him into conflict over jurisdiction with his rivals.

A potentially unresolvable territorial dispute, because of an understandable shortage of politicians, professional lawyers and judiciary in the various versions of Heaven.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:06 am
Baal getting uppity again?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:08 am
Baaal is BAAAAAAAAAAAD!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:11 am
Brecht!! Sorry, coughed up a furball...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:17 am
Or a bertolt ball?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:20 am
Bear tolt Ball about the surprise party? Bad Bear.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:23 am
And Bad, Bad, Zoot....

We MUST stop - this is a serious thread! We must not play baaal with it!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:32 am
There was a word (can't remember what the hell it was, but fairly common and out of a theological context) that I was delving into some years back, sorting out the etymology of it, the shifts in nuance of meaning through time. It was one of those fortunate cases where the etymology was well understood, thanks to the dedication of some anal Englishmen working long hours of solitude as their wives possibly cavorted with more lively sorts. The original use of the word had as a referent "rock structures out in a field that look like a penis". Wish I could recall what that word was.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:52 am
blatham wrote:
There was a word (can't remember what the hell it was, but fairly common and out of a theological context) that I was delving into some years back, sorting out the etymology of it, the shifts in nuance of meaning through time. It was one of those fortunate cases where the etymology was well understood, thanks to the dedication of some anal Englishmen working long hours of solitude as their wives possibly cavorted with more lively sorts. The original use of the word had as a referent "rock structures out in a field that look like a penis". Wish I could recall what that word was.

I think that word is 'onyxelle' blatham:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25136&highlight=
0 Replies

Archbishop

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:41 am
Mr. Blatham commented "The original use of the word had as a referent "rock structures out in a field that look like a penis". Wish I could recall what that word was."

Could the word sought be "Chaney"?
0 Replies