Why do so many Christians claim that they ALONE...........

akaMechsmith

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:26 pm
Foxfyre,

I have enjoyed the conversation and have given it my best shot. The best that I can hope for is that enough people think about what they "know" to forestall Armageddon, perhaps eternally.

Idea Hope springs easily in the human breast, whether Theist or Atheist.

Tis indeed a shame to allow a simple division of hope to so divide the worlds peoples, Crying or Very sad When we could be striving for the stars

CI, Given that an infinity may exist it becomes impossible to prove a negative.

Over the years I have tried lowering standards of proof such as "Beyond a reasonable doubt" "Observed" "most probably" "likely"and so on.

None have been wildly successful so I have come to the conclusion that some people are constitutionally unable to imagine a God. Some other people are unable to imagine an existence without one. Many people cannot discern fact from theory and they are not all religious either :wink:

C'est la vie'. Perhaps it is evolutionarily beneficial to the species. Confused
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:48 pm
I have also enjoyed the discussion akaMechsmith. I share your concerns re Armageddon and think if thinking people of faith and concerned athiests will present a united front in those things in which they can agree, the intolerant extremists from both camps can be kept at bay.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:54 pm
discuss until the end of time and prove nothing......that's why they call it faith.......
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:00 pm
Bi Polar,

But I guess that we must keep trying or sacrifice the battle in default.

Perhaps that's why The Bible says that there will always be wars or rumors of wars.

Some of the writers were astute observers of human nature-- or evolutional imperatives Confused
0 Replies