weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:34 pm
Ok so it's just my opinion but: those pics taken in Iraq that has everyone nervous weren't taken to send home to mom and the cousins. They certainly seem to me to be composed for the greastest degree of humiliation and shame for a purpose. I opine that somewhere in the chain of command someone had the idea of using pics as a form of blackmail so it really doesn't matter how real or valid they are (was that electic cord plugged in) because it's the image that counts to shame the detainee rather than the acutality. These pics were never intended to be anything but coercion by public distribution (within the self-same culture)
just a thought
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 430 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:57 pm
an interesting thought at that, dyslexia. on one level, i think these soldiers were just too stupid to know any better, that they had poor leadership from higher-ups, minimal supervision as they supervised the prisoners. something is terribly wrong... and i hope some people at the top take some of the punishment.

and, if you notice, they are going straight for the enlisted people, the lowest of low, who joined the military for financial reasons, or to get an education. it is the government's way of making it look like they are taking swift action. they are not going after the rumsfeld's.

when i first moved overseas to live, someone said to me " the worst part of your nature is going to come out", and it did. so i imagine, under the harsh conditions these soldiers are living under, the very worst of their natures emerged.

this doesn't excuse what they did by any means, it's just an addition to your thread.
0 Replies