Bundy ranch lunatics apply for welfare to continue their "vigil"

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 09:02 am
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/welfare-rancher-with-welfare-supporters-300x232.png

Bundy Ranch’s Armed Lunatics Asking for Welfare So They Can Continue to Sit Around and Not Work May 13, 2014

By Allen Clifton 49 Comments

welfare-rancher-with-welfare-supportersWelfare rancher Cliven Bundy and his band of armed supporters who don’t understand how our laws or Constitution work are the story that just keeps on giving. It’s been over a month since this story first broke, yet there are still reports of armed Bundy supporters roaming around the Nevada and Utah deserts “standing up against the federal government.” The fact that there continues to be groups of people sitting around the desert doing nothing for well over a month now has led many individuals like myself to ask the question, “Don’t they have jobs?” Well, that question has somewhat been answered as it seems that several of these “patriots who don’t need help from anyone” are now asking for welfare from supporters to help them pay bills and buy food. Christopher E. Ferrell is one of these people who’s decided that he felt like playing war in Nevada rather than going to work to take care of himself and his family. He opened an account on GoFundMe with the following message: To all American Patriots: I am the Team Leader that took Charlie Delta, the black marine, out to Nevada along with two other volunteers that all did an outstanding job at the Bundy Ranch. I understand most of you have come to know Charlie Delta through his expressed views on Cliven Bundy and the good we are all doing as patriots at the ranch. I am coming to you tonight humbly asking for your help. We may be the front line soldiers facing down an overbearing govt bureaucracy, but we are first off family men and women that have our own homes and jobs and families left behind to take on this endeavor. Therefore we have spent our fortunes for freedom and love of our fellow man and need your help to continue our efforts to keep all Americans free from tyranny. Please if you can spare even a few dollars for food, fuel and supplies to continue the stand against tyranny and an overbearing governtment [sic] please help. Even the smallext amount will help keep up the pressure to return this land to the people. I thank you all sincerely for your contribution. Christopher E Ferrell United we stand! Divided we fall! He hates the government so much, he can’t even spell the word correctly. Aren’t conservatives the ones who say that it’s not the gun, but mental illness that’s behind gun violence? Well I would ask them one question: Isn’t anyone who’d spend weeks out in the desert – not working so that they can take care of themselves or their family – all to defend a rancher who’s had four different courts find him guilty of breaking the law, mentally ill? I think so. Though it doesn’t seem that Ferrell’s begging for welfare from hard-working Americans has gone very well. His GoFundMe page no longer exists and, according to Gawker, he had only raised $170 – well short of his apparent goal of $100,000. Yes, he apparently had a goal to raise $100,000. But you want to tell me that he’s not mentally unstable? While I know some people are sick and tired of hearing about anything related to Cliven Bundy, I believe these people are providing us with a prime example of the kind of anti-government lunacy that’s prevalent within the Republican party.

See more: Bundy Ranch’s Armed Lunatics Asking for Welfare So They Can Continue to Sit Around and Not Work http://www.forwardprogressives.com/bundy-ranchs-armed-lunatics-asking-welfare-can-continue-sit-around-work/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,131 • Replies: 4
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 09:37 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/GarciE/2014/GarciE20140514_low.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 09:40 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2014/HorseD20140514_low.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 09:41 am
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2014/05/13/10/31/wA6Z4.St.81.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 10:15 am
Walmart US CEO Gets A $1.5 Million Bonus For Missing Expectations While A Worker Gets $0
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/05/12/3436808/walmart-executive-pay/

The New York Times reports that Walmart US CEO William Simon’s contract gave him the opportunity to earn a $1.5 million bonus last year on top of $10 million in salary and stock awards if the company’s American net sales grew by 2 percent. But net sales grew only 1.8 percent last year and Simon still received his bonus. That’s because Walmart calculated an “adjusted” sales growth over 2 percent that “corrected” for a series of factors that it said were beyond Simon’s control. Similarly, the company’s proxy statement reveals that executives would still receive a cash incentive even if the company’s total operating income declined by 1.5 percent.

Simon’s “performance pay” can be compared to the pay structure for Walmart associates revealed in an internal document last year. It lays out the hourly wage bonus that associates receive based on five different levels of performance. After calculating the annualized bonus associates receive if they work 52 40-hour weeks per year, it’s clear that Walmart doesn’t use the same pay structure for its executives that it uses for its associates. An associate who is graded “below expectations” or “needs improvement” won’t get any extra pay. A “solid performer” will receive $832, “exceeds expectations” nets $1,040, and a “role model,” the highest grade, is awarded $1,248. This means an associate can get an 8 percent bonus over the minimum wage when she is a role model, and a CEO can still get an 11 percent bonus when he misses his objectives.

Simon’s pay package also undermines the logic behind trickle-down economics. Thomas Piketty’s bestseller Capital in the Twenty-First Century finds that one of the main drivers behind growing inequality is surging executive pay. Defenders of inequality like to argue that growing executive helps the economy by providing incentives for them to work hard and grow their companies—growth that trickles down to the rest of us.

George W Bush’s former chief economist, for example, writes that “the most natural explanation of high CEO pay is that the value of a good CEO is extraordinarily high.” The Heritage Foundation goes a step further, warning that reducing CEO pay by raising taxes would damage the economy because it “would reduce the incentives for high-earners to work and take risk, which would reduce opportunity for lower-income workers because it would result in less job creation.”
0 Replies