A Wrinkle in Time on ABC tomorrow!!!! Huzzah!!!

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:18 pm
A Wrinkle in Time
This remains one of my favourite books, and one of the few that can lift me from the darkest of depressions! I can't wait!

"Wild nights are my glory!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,447 • Replies: 18
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:20 pm
waitwaitwait..... a movie? a cartoon? Oh, a link!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:22 pm
I can barely remember the book. I remember the big brain and the kids doing math in their heads to stay in control. Oh, and going through the wrinkle in time on the flying horse (is that right?) - the utter flat blackness. It must have been 20-something years ago that I read that book.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:24 pm
I read it when I was 11, and my father was dying of cancer. It can still amke me smile, and reduce me to a bawling blob'o'jello at the same time. How I wanted to be Charles Wallace!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:25 pm
which one was chaz?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:26 pm
Charles Wallace was the youngest. He was something of a genius, but didn;t speak until late. Meg was the middle child, somewhat frazzled, with bright red hair and braces. Awkward, gawky, etc... Calvin O'Keefe the neighbor boy, who was a "sport," i.e., a genetic anomaly in his family.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:28 pm
I didn't read these until I was in my 30's.
I loved, and love, them.

Can I watch? maybe. I'm always afraid of MY visual being ruined.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:33 pm
I've read the books over and over and over and over...

Would kinda like to see this, I think.

Just read an interview with Madeleine L'Engle someplace, it was interesting. New Yorker, I'm pretty sure.

Checked -- yes, but not available online.

I thought I was Meg, though my hair was different and she was so much about her hair. When my daughter was born with intermediate brown hair I immediately thought "Meg."
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:37 pm
Are you serious, it's on t.v. I just reading the book for like the fourth time last night...cool cool!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:42 pm
Oh, please let them do "A Swiftly Tilting Planet," A Wind in teh Door," and the fourth one, where Sandy and Dennys" get to go on an adventure!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:22 pm
The other book series I hope will be filmed someday is Richard Peck's Blossom Culp books (A Ghost of My Own, and Ghosts I've Been). The first one was made into a very good adaptation by Disney in 1978, called "Child of Glass," but it was updated to the 1970s. I have a bad copy of it on VHS, and it still makes me chokey.http://www.rowenaart.com/images/ghostsihavebeen_bg.jpg
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:05 pm
I watched it.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:05 pm
How was it??
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:15 pm
I haven't read the book in a long time, but I'm pretty sure the movie strayed from the printed version. It was good. It was a little stiff at first, but things warmed up a bit as the movie progressed.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:11 pm
It had its differences, but it was wonderful. Smile Sigh, had me bawling and smiling at the same time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:33 pm
Oooh.....well, Mrs. cav spent half her career with Fireworks Entertainment working on the credits and legal stuff for this production. It seems that in the contract, a Canadian broadcast of the movie must have been shown before an American broadcast. There may be some legal issues here, sadly. The original cut was an hour longer. We watched it, and it was great.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:36 pm
Oooh....how was the original? Was there more with Aunt Beast?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 01:42 pm
I should clarify...we did not see the original cut, just the premiere last night. We are hoping to get a video of the full production though.
0 Replies

rmhuntley

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:53 pm
Wrinkle in time
I missed the show last night, does anyone know if it will be on again?
0 Replies