Proof read essay paragraph? things i can fix

Marcas

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 05:09 pm
Alexie’s use of language is very compelling and emotive, as he maintains a comical tone throughout the novel to draw upon the implied reader’s interest; for that reason, readers are more engaged to the protagonist. Moreover, Alexie utilizes an informal dialogue throughout the novel, aims appeal to the readers’ sense of identity to relate to Arnold’s life and his childhood. Furthermore, Alexie employs an array of figurative language, for instance, “But I do know that hope for me is some mythical creature’ (Alexie 2008, p.51), the use language establishes a representation to the implied reader to relate Arnold’s ambition as he hopes for a better life; when he decides to transfer to a new school; thus allowing him to make a difference in his life. In this manner, this fabricates an emotion of hopefulness or what could it suggest about his life. Moreover, Alexie use of a metaphor “ I was going to be his Weapon of mass destruction’ (Alexie 2008, p. 142), thus readers is able to instil a vivid image connecting Arnold with his coach, and how his coach thinks of him as a confident player, when he destroys the opposing team in a basketball match in the novel. Alexie’s, use of imagery in relations to the school conveys a symbolic meaning to Arnold’s emotional attachment to the school because of his best friend Rowdy, who he leaves behind; when he transfers to his new school.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 587 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:04 pm
@Marcas,
A lot of stuff and me with so little time:
The phrase "througout the novel" is redundant.
Check verb tense
Paragraph seems long. Split in half, maybe?

More later, if someone else doesn't get it first
0 Replies