Terrorism

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 06:33 pm
Terrorism is defined as the use of violence, torture, or physical intimidation by a group or organization as a means of forcing others to satisfy its demands. The war on terrorism between the United States and the terrorists is a conflict never experienced before in American history. Some would argue that the guerrilla tactic used by both sides in the Vietnam war is the same kind of tactic employed by the United States and the terrorists. The difference, however, is that the military tactic employed by the terrorists is a corrupt evolution from guerrilla to terror (from non-conventional to non-ethical). However the U.S. is not willing to take the war on terrorism to the appropriate level. In the movie "Untouchables", Jim Malone advises Elliot Ness that "when dealing with the Mafia, if they send one of your's to the hospital, you send one of their's to the morgue" and then asks "what are you prepared to do?" Perhaps a more appropriate question should be what would Machiavelli do?

The U.S. military needs to withdraw all conventional forces immediately from Iraq. The whole premise for going to war with that country was to disarm it of its' weapons of mass destruction (which the U.S. sold them). I supported the war effort because I believed the Bush Administration was telling the truth. Unfortuneatly, it appears the American people were deceived into fighting a war for oil and almost 750 crack U.S. troops have been killed helping to promote greed rather than defend the homeland. Once the military withdraws, it can regroup and reformulate better combat tactics to be used in the war on terrorism.

Accordingly, the U.S. needs to begin training anti-terrorist cells (with Arabic code names that translate into al-gabang, al-gaboom etc). These cells will be sent into countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya for the express purpose of covert operations to find, kill and terrorize all pro-terrorist cells. As for prisoners, they should be drugged with sodium pentathol until they provide information and then be executed. At the end of the day when the terrorist comes home to find his family and house blown to smithereens, he may begin to re-consider the consequences of his actions. Unfortuneatly, innocent family members of these terrorists will have to face the same fate many U.S. citizens did on September 11, 2001. The question that remains before the American people however is what are YOU prepared to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 687 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blatham

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 09:09 pm
Shopping.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 09:35 pm
Joe, welcome to A2K.

Believe me, many of us who do have our anger directed at the appropriate targets sympathise with your post. We would even cheer on our heroes in a movie who would carry out the scenario you just wrote.

But that is not who we are. And we won't do it that way even though it would shorten the war on terror and save countless lives. Ethics often get in the way of prudence.

The world is still debating whether the use of the atomic bomb was justified in WWII though all thinking people acknowledge that those bombs saved many lives.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 09:35 pm
I've heard that the Russians are ruthless with terrorists, and that's why they don't have lots of problems with them. Maybe that's just folklore.

I don't think we should respond to terrorists by forming our own terrorist cells. Maybe I'm misreading your intent, but if people kill a terrorist and then go kill his family and blow up his house, that's what it sounds like to me.

But if we do form those teams, maybe one of them could be called El Kabong. Very Happy
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 04:52 am
!
"I've heard that the Russians are ruthless with terrorists, and that's why they don't have lots of problems with them. Maybe that's just folklore."

Yeah, it is pure fiction. You haven't kept up opn what has been happening in Russia, obviously.

The form of anti-terrorist tactics promoted here are nothing new. The Israeli Govt. practices this quite often. The Mosad is basicaly an assasination unit.

America does this also but usually indirectly via surragates.The problem with this tactic is that the US doesn't have enough Arab speaking operatives...yet.

If the USA calls it a "war" why then are the people captured not POWs? The USA needs to get it's terms straight. War on Terror is a never ending "war" because terror is a tactic not a specific group. Al Q. should have been pursued via special forces not regular Army or Marines and not Afghan surragates. Now the US wants Pakistan to do their figthing for them re: Al Q. Many in the Pakistan Military are Al Q. supporters and sympathizers. The greates threat of Nukes is freom Pakistan because it is possible that Al Q will one day soon get a hold of the means to use a dirty bomb.

Iraq was a fool's mission. Of course Buscho and the war profiteers made out like bandits.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:26 am
Re: !
pistoff wrote:
Of course Buscho and the war profiteers made out like bandits.

Ridiculous.
0 Replies