George W. Bush must announce he will not run for reelection

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:17 pm
I would add one more thing to Friedman's list of things President Bush needs to do: George W. Bush must immediately announce that he will not run for reelection! Dick Cheney should follow that example. After all, if Rumsfeld must go, surely Bush, as Commander in Chief, must also go. Bush should do it for the good of the country. ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 829 • Replies: 18
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:21 pm
We all know his answer to such a suggestion, eh?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:34 pm
Edgar,
I donno, Edgar. If things get much worse, Bush might think it is a better alternative to losing the reelection just as his poppy did.

Think about it, George W.

BBB
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:38 pm
When
Bushco is not interested in the "good of this country"- America. They are only interested in expanding their own power and wealth and those that are in their circle of wealth and power.

Bushco has shown that they have great contempt and disdain for the Middle Class, The Working Poor and The Poor of Amerika.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 11:01 pm
That will never happen because the major media in this country are controlled by right wing forces. A case in point is the latest issue of Newsweek. The news about the atrocities in Iraq are vital and important information showing the Administration's real aims in Iraq and the disrespect that President Bush holds for the Iraq nation. Yet, Newsweek has, on its cover for the lead story, a section related to Women's Health Issues, and relegates its story on Iraq( a soggy mess which really does not place the blame where it belongs-President Bush) to Page 32 in the magazine.

As long as the media covers for President Bush, there will be no resignation.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:37 am
Getting Bush to go voluntarily will probably take a bunker in the grounds of the White House, Eva Braun and a bottle of cyanide. :wink:
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 03:03 am
You guys are a never-ending source of amusing entertainment. And I for one do appreciate your clowning around like this. I can't speak for anyone else but I hope you continue your shenanigans because I get a kick out of them. Very Happy
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 04:02 am
Yeah
Be sure to keep your jack boots spit polished so you can see your fool's grin in them.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 05:32 am
Re: Yeah
pistoff wrote:
Be sure to keep your jack boots spit polished so you can see your fool's grin in them.

Good one.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:18 am
I like it.

The damage Bush and Cheney have wrecked on our nation is enormous and will take generations to recover from.

Draw the line here and now.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:24 am
and i hope you realize, for what it's worth; from outside the U.S. this administration looks like a farce - if it were a 'sitcom' it might be funny, but it plays out as a horror flick!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:26 am
Infowarrior - could you please give a few examples of how Bush and Cheney have "wrecked our nation"?

When I think of a nation being wrecked, images of Germany or Japan in 1945 come to mind. I have no problem in thinking that Germany was wrecked by Hitler, and Japan was wrecked by Tojo.

Yes, we lost two skyscrapers in NYC, one space shuttle, our budget is a mess (blame Congress for that one), and the U.S. isn't too popular around the world right now. Does this really constitute being "wrecked"?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:45 am
Jim:

A 'few' usually means two or more.

1. the deficit: now at $520 billion and growing daily. The national debt now exceeds $7 trillion. My grandkids will be footing the bill. Imagine how much we could accomplish if those funds could be used in other areas?

2. the addition of 1.7 million to the ranks of poverty. Since Bush won his lawsuit, we have been producing more poor than middle class Americans and the trend isn't slowing.

3. a lack of standing in the world. Gone are the days we can behave unilaterally. We are a global patchwork of nations with economies tied together. The world no longer respects the USA. Sure, many nations may fear our military power, but this is not the same as respect.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:47 am
Jim
Jim, perhaps you would like to start a new topic of your own regarding your "wrecked" question. But I would appreciate it if posters could keep to the important topic of my post rather than get off on other unimportant issues.

Rather than impeachment, having George Bush decline reelection would be a simpler, less devisive action. Between now and the November election, that event would more likely produce changes in our foreign and domestic policy faster than all the other solutions. To me, this is the important issue.

Thanks for understanding,

BBB
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:53 am
just one supportive fact;

in my estimation, while the U.S. allies are stunned by the actions of the current administration, and cannot in good conscience support any or all of these (seen as) criminal acts, the people of the United states are, i think seen as 'dupes' beset by a rogue administration, and will be given the benefit of the doubt, until they have had a chance to throw these rogue elements out of office.

Re-elect them at your (and our) peril!
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 12:35 am
Bush must go but I don't think that infowarrior understands economics very well. I suggest that he read Alan Greenspan, who, after all, was the cheif steward of the economy during the great times under President Clinton.

First of all, it seems that Infowarrior does not understand the idea of "deficit". As a matter of fact, the deficit in 1945 was greater than the Gross Domestic Product for that year. Our total debt was quite high in 1945( because of the war) but was greatly reduced by 1974. The debt was reduced not because we quite spending but because the economy grew faster than the debt. It is quite clear that if the economy continues to grow at 4% a year(a good figure but not impossible) our GDP will be around twenty two TRILLION by 2022. Since the total debt is judged in comparison to the GDP, if our Congresspersons quit spending so cavalierly, the huge GDP can handle any future accrued debt.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 10:41 am
USA Founder says Bush should not run for reelection
Al Neuarth, Founder of USA Today
5/16/or

As a former combat infantryman in World War II, I've always believed we must fully support our troops. Reluctantly, I now believe the best way to support troops in Iraq is to bring them home, starting with the "hand-over" on June 30.

Only a carefully planned withdrawal can clean up the biggest military mess miscreated in the Oval Office and miscarried by the Pentagon in my 80-year lifetime. In Journalese, the traditional five Ws of Who, What, When, Where, Why:

Who? George W. Bush.

What? His cowboy culture. Ride fast and alone or with just a few buddies. Shoot first. Ask questions later.

When? After 9/11. Bush bravely took on a necessary fight against terrorists who attacked us. But then he diverted his attention to an unrelated and unnecessary "pre-emptive" war.

Where? Iraq. He led us astray by falsely claiming Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction that threatened us. After the "Mission Accomplished" boast in May 2003, he put our troops in new jeopardy by taunting terrorists from other countries with his "Bring 'em on!" challenge last July 2. His anything-goes-against-the-bad-guys attitude and his total lack of postwar planning helped prompt the ongoing prison-abuse embarrassments and brutal retaliations.

Why? Because he believes he can be re-elected as a tough-talking, self-proclaimed "War President."

Maybe Bush should take a cue from a fellow Texan, former president Lyndon Baines Johnson, who also had some cowboy characteristics.

LBJ, after mismanaging the Vietnam War that so bitterly divided the nation and the world, decided he owed it to his political party and to his country not to run for re-election. So, he turned tail and rode off into the sunset of his Texas ranch.

How do you say déjà vu in Cowboyese?
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:08 am
So much for polite educated discussions. These always turn into insult competitions.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 03:08 pm
Al Who? Do you mean the founder of the paper that had to cashier several reporters for making up stories? Do you mean that Al?

USA Today has always had all of the credibility of the National Inquirer. First, because the ultra liberal Al Neuarth, ran it; secondly, because the paper was rife with "reporters" who made up "facts" to use in their news stories.
0 Replies