Rush Says: "MP's Just Blowing Off Steam!"

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 05:05 pm
I guess you have to be on the right to comprehend the depraved nature of sadistic behavior and violations of international law and human rights.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Rush says regarding the Iraqi prisoner torture:

"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You [ever] heard of need to blow some steam off?"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/06/opinion/meyer/main616021.shtml

I'm glad I'm on the left.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 26
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 05:37 pm
BBB
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24287&highlight=&sid=568e156ce585be774f2937c8ce11980d
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:00 pm
I listened to Rush nearly every day the first three years he was on, thinking I had to answer every point he made. Then I realized that people like me were as responsible for his success as dittoheads. The day of the realization was the last time I listened to his program.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:13 pm
He forgets that most college hazing , even though sometimes dangerous, is mostly composed of willing participants seeking membership in an organization of some sort.
this was an unfortunate set of events that we cant justify, no matter what pillhead sez. After all , hes allowed his opinion and hes just a drug addict undergoing withdrawal. How our standards have changed under the Rush logic
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 11:28 pm
Maybe Rush know what he's talking about. Perhaps when his wife gets pissed at him, she puts a leash on him and makes him crawl on the floor naked while whipping him. It could account, in part, for his attitude.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 06:53 am
Shocked

Now You left me with a picture in my mind thaat will not leave without medication
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:56 am
No problem. Up, down, sidewards, a visit to the Blue Crystal Planet, the welcome surcease of catatonia, a 36 hour boner...whatever you need, I got.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:00 am
philip zimbardo has done essential research on this issue, see http://www.prisonexp.org/
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:01 am
and they're all "cheaper" coming from Canada! Laughing
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:02 am
I wonder if the large one was loaded on OxyCotin when he uttered these appalling words in support of his pal, George "aWol" Bush?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:07 am
dys

Yikes. But did you mean to post that on this thread?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 12:51 pm
That study is famous. It provides good insite into the relatioship between prisoner and guard that is , without doubt, played out in most situations of incarceration.
Im not justifying it but, as the guys at Stanford, its almost predictable.
The thing that really gets me, is , the kids who pulled these dumbass stunts, will no doubt, have their own lives ruined.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:12 pm
farmerman- These soldiers are very young people. They needed the guidance and strict discipline of the higher ups to quash any overly agressive, sadistic tendencies that they might harbor. I am not excusing what they did, but I think that their superiors failed them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:15 pm
If they needed guidance to understand that murder is wrong, then there is much more wrong with the American school system than I'd ever imagined.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:20 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
farmerman- These soldiers are very young people. They needed the guidance and strict discipline of the higher ups to quash any overly agressive, sadistic tendencies that they might harbor. I am not excusing what they did, but I think that their superiors failed them.

Of course their superiors failed as well - afterwards, when they tried to hide this from the public.

Martin Niemöller: First they came for the Jews. I was silent. I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists. I was silent. I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists. I was silent. I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me. There was no one left to speak for me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:47 pm
"Lord of the Flies" ring any bells?
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:48 pm
"These soldiers are very young people. They needed the guidance and strict discipline of the higher ups to quash any overly agressive, sadistic tendencies that they might harbor." phoenix

Huh?

These are men and women who have taken an oath of honor. We're talking about human beings here -- not pit bulls.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 01:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:
"Lord of the Flies" ring any bells?

For those, who can't hear the bells, here'sa link to the summary and significant events
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 02:11 pm
Quote:
These are men and women who have taken an oath of honor. We're talking about human beings here -- not pit bulls.

Well, a few did behave like pit bulls, and worse!

I am familiar with the work of Zimbardo, and have read "Lord of the Flies". I know what people are capable of when put under stress. That is why it is so important that the commanders are very clear about what their charges' boundries are. It is also important for the commanders to constantly reinforce their expectations of behavior.

From what I have been reading and hearing, I have been given a sense of a looseness in the structure of command. That is unacceptable.

I have mentioned from time to time on this forum that I believe that the veneer of civilization is extremely thin. I rest my case!

0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:02 pm
Well, a few did behave like pit bulls, and worse!

Agreed.
0 Replies