Systematic Torture!

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:55 am
According to the Red Cross, they notified the American authorities of the systematic torture and abuse of foreign prisoners in military prison camps over many month, both in face to face meetings and IN WRITING.

As always, the President and the rest knew nothing about it.

How can any reasonable person expect such obvious incompetents to be aware of any major responsibilities, apart from lining their own pockets? Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 675 • Replies: 14
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:01 am
Re: Systematic Torture!
John Webb wrote:
According to the Red Cross, they notified the American authorities of the systematic torture and abuse of foreign prisoners in military prison camps over many month, both in face to face meetings and IN WRITING.

As always, the President and the rest knew nothing about it.

How can any reasonable person expect such obvious incompetents to be aware of their major responsibilities? Embarrassed

Ok, not that I am doubting you, but when anyone here makes a statement that begins with "according to" some group, I really appreciate knowing where you found this info. I would love to read it for myself. After all, I could begin a post with the statement that "According to the U.N., WMD's have been found in Iraq", but if I did without giving you the source of my statement, I doubt you would believe me, right?

So if you would, I would love to know the source so I can read it for myself. Thank you.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:03 am
You are right, CoastalRat.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:12 am
In Television news reports, which also included the suggestion that explanations would be requested from Rumsfeld today.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:17 am
John Webb wrote:
In Television news reports, which also included the suggestion that explanations would be requested from Rumsfeld today.

Yeah, and in tv news reports I heard that WMD's had been found. Come on John, back up your statement with something or don't make it until you can.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:29 am
It will all be reported later today and tomorrow on TV and in the papers. Cool
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:34 am
Thanks John. I will look for it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:50 am
I couldn't get anything to come up yet on a Google news search.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:57 am
John Webb:

There's no question to me that Rumsfeld attempted to cover-up the Iraqi prisoner torture and abuse because it was a violation of international law and standards.

There's a saying, "it's not the crime, but the cover up." Well, in this instance, the crime was as bad as the cover up.
0 Replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:15 am
not as credible a source as say the white house but I still think this is credible enough...... well here is the source you've all been waiting for:

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=506751&section=news
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:23 am
Yeah, I found an article on it. And I will say it again. Any soldier who participated in or covered up these abuses from superiors should be dealt with accordingly. As for the Red Cross notifying US military authorities about these abuses last year, since we do not know what actions were taken or how the military went about investigating the charges, I will not comment except to say that if the charges were totally ignored, those in the military chain of command who ignored them should also face some type of disciplinary action.

And I doubt you would find anyone on this forum who would disagree with those sentiments. At least I hope not.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:25 am
yilmaz:

I would believe Reuters over anything this White House says.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:32 am
I'm interested in why this is just coming out now, if there was any pressure to suppress the Red Cross report and if so how and when was it done.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 11:09 am
The Red Cross evidence has now been raised in public by Senators Kennedy and Byrd. Cool
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 11:23 am
Will Bush use a Sunbeam or a Hamilton Beach toaster on Rumsfeld?
0 Replies