Farmerman Made An Interesting Point

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:43 am
This entire situation is such a cluster f**k, would anyone on either side of this issue recognize or believe the truth if we heard it?

I personally automatically think anything coming out of the White House is a lie. I feel very badly about that, but there it is.

I feel certain I'm not the only one.

Then you have the McGentrixs' of the world who accept anything coming from the white house as gospel. (I only use McGentrix because he is perceived by many as an obvious example, not to attack him personally.)

One's as bad as the other.

If nothing else, it is irrefutable that bush's Uniter not a Divider schtick is a total failure.

How do we get back to any semblance of objectivity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,159 • Replies: 21
No top replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:35 am
well he seems to have united world opinion against the US so he must be a uniter after all
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:40 am
You take me out of context.
1 It is a Bulgarian cluster F**k. This is a unique cluster f**k in which no one is assured a partner all the way to a "hhappy ending"

2i was responding to a link posted by c. I. , in which the writer stated that the US was "salting" Iraq with WMDs.

Im just confused that , while weve won a war, we have no idea how to conduct an occupation and bring it to a successful completion.

im dubious about the ability of this administrations ability to recognize the truth. having said that, ALl we are doing is posting the links from
righjt wing 'happy talk' and equal and opposite left wing "Armegeddon" I admit , i dont believe we are getting full truth. but I cant believe that weve turned in to a propoganda machine c ranked out by a state run news machine whose job it is to disregard truth for the sole purpose of administering pro admin spin/

HMMMMMMM
Did I just successfully argue against my own position?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:02 pm
bump
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:22 pm
Well, I think there are some folk here (Craven stands out - but I am sure there are others) - who clearly do a lot of independent research amongst as many sources as they can find, and reach well thought out conclusions, or working hypotheses. I tend to listen to them - unless I am moved to hunt for myself amongst sources I find pretty sane.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:23 pm
But it is all rather Yeatsian.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 09:06 pm
Quote:
HMMMMMMM
Did I just successfully argue against my own position?

Farmerperson

No, you did not argue successfully against your own position. That comes as a surprise to both of us, I expect, as the original position was entirely and manifestly child's play to refute. But the quality of your refutation was a study in rhetorical ineptitude.

So it your original position stands. Whatever it was.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 10:43 pm
Re: Farmerman Made An Interesting Point
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
How do we get back to any semblance of objectivity?

Demand evidence. Confirm every story before posting it. Don't believe the first thing you hear. That would be a nice start. And I'm not talking just to you, I'm talking to everyone.

Don't believe everything you hear, no matter what the source is. And don't DISbelieve everything you hear either. Even the most venerable news sources make mistakes sometimes. And even the news sources you love to hate sometimes tell the truth. Otherwise they couldn't stay in business.

Disregard the "me too" posters. These are the people who hang around a thread, nipping at the heels of the serious posters and posting off-topic snide comments. They only raise the noise level and the emotions in a thread without contributing anything of value.

Hope that helps!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:39 am
yeh me too.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:02 am
And me. Shortly, my mother will include herself as well. Unless she's drinking aqua velva again.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:13 am
Me too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:18 am
Will the three gentlemen above me please take this thread seriously!

How can I concentrate on a serious answer when you guys are engaged in nonsensical yapping?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:21 am
I thought that was your native tongue, Gus?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:39 am
Oh, yeah.... you're right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:41 am
Gus is old. He forgets even how much he forgets. His native tongue was a happier tongue, once, having had teeth to keep it company.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:51 am
Yap, yap, yap.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 11:30 am
Serious is as serious does or doesn't.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 11:37 am
blatham wrote:
And me. Shortly, my mother will include herself as well. Unless she's drinking aqua velva again.

hope that's "vita" Blath, (you will be able to tell by her hair's reaction to it)! Shocked
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:36 pm
Likely it's both. One time, we found her in the boathouse, sucking on a gallon of marine undercoater.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 04:11 pm
Your mom sounds like my kind of gal, blatham.

Perhaps some day you will have the distinction of being my son-in-law.
0 Replies