School is for making people dumb, very dumb

Frank Apisa

Fri 2 May, 2014 05:26 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
Some of the under-privileged kids would be much better off having their parents teach them about the world and indoctrinating them into their world.

Q...there are seldom simple solutions to complex problems...and being simplistic about complex problems is no help at all.

What comes next in your plan for humanity...euthanasia for people who do not meet the standards you want to set?

You are really good at twisting my words now are you ?

You are really confusing a lot now.
I never said that children shoudn´t be educated, nowhere.
Offcourse it is good if children are being educated by their PARENTS
I am all for it.
I stated I am against ´public schooling´, because they indoctrinate,

that´s one, whu don´t thse people read?

what simple and complex has to do with it? don´t ask me.

that´s two

`euthanasia for people who do not meet the standards you want to set?`

duh?
Where did I state THAT?
Nowhere!
Or explain to me how you come from `indoctination by public schoolibg´ to
´euthanasia for people who do not meet the standards you want to see´????

That´s three

Oh and btw I am in no need of setting ´standards´ on the contrary.

Who do you suggest should educate the children who are not educated by public schools, Q?
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 05:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Who do you suggest should educate the children who are not educated by public schools, Q?

Simple. two things, homeschooling, and children learn by living in the real world
NOT by sitting still in a n ugly building being fed wrong stories.
It keeps them , deliberately, out of the feedback loops created by the ´real world´
school really crushes the genius in our children.

Frank Apisa

Fri 2 May, 2014 05:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

Simple. two things, homeschooling, and children learn by living in the real world
NOT by sitting still in a n ugly building being fed wrong stories.
It keeps them , deliberately, out of the feedback loops created by the ´real world´
school really crushes the genius in our children.

That is the solution to this problem that you see as a better alternative to public school education?

Where did you come up with that...from a public school education?

For the record...a part of our "education problem" involves kids who are not learning what is taught in schools...but instead learning "by living in the real world"...which they call getting street smart.

You haven't really thought this out at all, have you?
fresco

Fri 2 May, 2014 06:20 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I note that this diatribe is merely a preamble for your lunatic "moon thread".Hopefully your kids (if any) will be robust enough to survive and forgive you for your attempts to "educate" them ! Wink
Buttermilk

Fri 2 May, 2014 06:36 am
I went to public schools all my life and am now a graduate student doing post-grad studies:

/thread fail
Frank Apisa

Fri 2 May, 2014 06:44 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

I note that this diatribe is merely a preamble for your lunatic "moon thread".Hopefully your kids (if any) will be robust enough to survive and forgive you for your attempts to "educate" them ! Wink

Whew...that "Moon thread" was really out-the-back-door! One has to hope he was just kidding, but I'd say he was serious as a heart attack when he wrote it.

I wonder if all this is the result of home schooling?
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
what is the ´result of home schooling´?

Actually the reaction you showed here is one of indoctrination and rejection by reflex action by closed mind brains, because of public schooling. (i..e. indoctrintion in very very strange belief systems, ones where there is no evidence for.)

Now you can see, if you have the eyes, how you dismiss something you know nothing about.

Hoera for public schooling. NOT!

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

That is the solution to this problem that you see as a better alternative to public school education?

Where did you come up with that...from a public school education?

For the record...a part of our "education problem" involves kids who are not learning what is taught in schools...but instead learning "by living in the real world"...which they call getting street smart.

You haven't really thought this out at all, have you?

funny, you don´t seem to get it, that´s ok
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:25 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
I went to public schools all my life and am now a graduate student doing post-grad studies:

well, so ?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:27 am
(Echoing my last post)

I grew up going to public schools. 1 computer for the entire school with minimal books due to underbudget of LAUSD. I am now currently attending a prestiguous University. Public School worked for me.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:32 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
I grew up going to public schools. 1 computer for the entire school with minimal books due to underbudget of LAUSD. I am now currently attending a prestiguous University. Public School worked for me.

that remains to be seen. You seem to think that public schooling made it possible for you to attend `University`well, not only publis schooling is for making people dumb and wat have you, Universities are also here to make people dumb.
And keep them away from real truth.
Actually, if I had a business I would NEVER hire one who has attend university and didn´t drop out, because these people really can´t think , and are non creative.

So, it doesn´t proof that public schooling ´works´, it just indoctrinated you in a stupid system you will be in longer now because you are ´attending a prestigious university`
get out if you can! I am serious!
Buttermilk

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:41 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Sigh*

Ok prove that public schooling makes you dumb. Please provide statistical and/or objective evidence to substantiate your claim. Anecdotes do not count.
fresco

Fri 2 May, 2014 08:46 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
...real truth...

Laughing
Only a simpleton would use such a phrase. It shows complete lack of philosophical creativity or sophistication. There are thousands of words of discussion on this forum alone regarding "reality" and "truth". I suggest you read some of them rather than adopting a ridiculous ill-informed iconoclastic posture for its own sake.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 11:26 am
@fresco,
that´s one way of trying to ignore what I say

wel, I say it again, school and universities are here for making people dumb.

and steer away from the real truth.

so, there, I said it again. Wink
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 11:29 am
@Buttermilk,
sigh all you want.

anecdotes don´t count ??

wow. they really have indoctrinated you with this ****, right?

tell me please please why anecdotes , IN THIS CASE, don´t count?

please, please, pleaase.
fresco

Fri 2 May, 2014 01:31 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You have said absolutely nothing because you don't have sufficient creativity or ability to analyse the various usages of the word "truth". Take note that on this forum, amateur repetitive posturing such as yours involving cliched slogans has a short life-span.
hawkeye10

Fri 2 May, 2014 02:23 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

You might as well argue that any cultural acquisition, such as one's language, constrains what you want to call "creativity". The term "education" itself has always been a political football involving individual needs versus group needs. I suggest the definition of "dumbness" involves ignorance of that fact.

sounds like a red herring to me....if dumb is taken to mean unable to see Plato's light, and if through getting processed by public education promotes inability to see the light then it is fair to say that schools make people dumb. I think we all probably agree that the collective through schools promotes what it wants to promote, but in this age when the collective is desperate to create docile citizens who will not make trouble perhaps educating individuals so that they can see for themselves is the last thing that we want schools to do.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 02:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
sounds like a red herring to me....if dumb is taken to mean unable to see Plato's light, and if through getting processed by public education promotes inability to see the light then it is fair to say that schools make people dumb. I think we all probably agree that the collective through schools promotes what it wants to promote, but in this age when the collective is desperate to create docile citizens who will not make trouble perhaps educating individuals so that they can see for themselves is the last thing that we want schools to do.

Couldn´t have said it better myself, thank you!
Quehoniaomath

Fri 2 May, 2014 02:28 pm
@fresco,
so , you just saying you don´t get it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 2 May, 2014 02:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bellyful of words and do not know a thing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) U.S. essayist and poet.

more here

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/eduquote.htm