Are the media missing yet another genocide?

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 02:58 pm
Quote:
You also missed the Jews in Israel killing Muslim Palestinians and those blood thirsty Americans killing all the innocent Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Say what?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:50 pm
it's not about Islam McGentrix, it's about certain level of civilization (and some other things as well, but let's stay on this one) - you don't see people in Oman, Kuwait or United Arab Emirates dancing in the streets when some Americans are killed. Or in Bosnia.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:28 am
McGentrix you take out a minority of Muslims and you blame their actions on their religion as a whole, Islam, it seems to me. That is not correct. These people use Islam in their cruel acts, but that does not mean it represents Islam. I can create a massacre in a shopping mall and say it was God's will, but do you think that will mean I am the typical representative of Catholicism? Do Al Qaida and other Muslim terrorists speak for all 1 billion Muslims in this world? Do THEY, and not the peaceful majority, represent Islam in your eyes?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 12:12 pm
and before someone says that there is much much lesser number of Catholics doing such things, I can add that you should considet the fact that Islam is younger then Christianity. And in the age of Islam today some Christians were pretty much the same
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:31 pm
I wrote an angry letter to the editors of the Cambridge factfinders. I told them that they should check with Mr. Walter Hinteler before publishing their mistakes on Germany's religious makeup. Why those idiots who wrote the Cambridge factfinder book in 1993 actually put down the following under religions--

Lutheran(55%) Roman Catholic (38%)
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:55 pm
It is clear that most of Islam does not approve of tactics such as those used against the World Trade Center on Sep[t. 11th.

However, Bernard Lewis, probably the US's premier authority on Islam has written an article called The Roots of Muslim Rage in 1990 which explains a great deal.

Professor Lewis explains that a small group( which is growing) of fundamentalists subscribe to the idea that the world and all mankind are divided into two parts- The House of Islam and The House of Unbelief and that it is the duty of Muslims to bring the House of Unbelief to Islam.

It is no wonder why it is so difficult to deal with theAlQaeda radicals. They feel that Islam has been humiliated and left behind. Since, in their minds, Islam is the true religion, the secularism and modernity of the rest of the world hurts Islam and must be destroyed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 12:48 am
mporter wrote:
I wrote an angry letter to the editors of the Cambridge factfinders. I told them that they should check with Mr. Walter Hinteler before publishing their mistakes on Germany's religious makeup. Why those idiots who wrote the Cambridge factfinder book in 1993 actually put down the following under religions--

Lutheran(55%) Roman Catholic (38%)

Perhaps they didn't have access to the datas (e.g. published by the "Federal Statiscital Office Germany" or the "CIA World Fact Book" or any other correct data?

Those above data, btw, have could have never been correct since
Quote:
There were 36,001,617 Lutherans in Europe by the end of 2003
[source: Total number of Lutherans worldwide climbs to nearly 66 million, which would mean, only about 13 million would live outside Germany :wink:]

According to the website of the Evangelical Churches in Germany, these had 26, 211, 000 members in 2002 [ of those, 10,686,000 are Lutherans], following closely the Catholics, who had 26, 466, 000.
And in 2002, the Christian German population was 65,7 % in totaliter.

Yes, you really can ask from where your source got those facts, especially, since I know that Cambridge university has those datas as printed sources stored in their libraries in some dozens of publications - back to beginning of church statistics in Germany.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:40 am
The data of the CIA Factbook are too old in my opinion. According to it, the Netherlands have 5 million Catholics (that's correct), 3.4 million Protestants (wrong; it should be 2.4 million) and 700.000 Muslims (wrong: it should be 920,000). But these numbers are from 1998! That's six years ago. I think it should be better if the CIA adjusted their data every year.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:43 am
Rick, the CIA does so - but the statistic offices in the different nations can't publish up-to-date data in the same moment - meaning: the 2003 data are at least from 2002 ... and published in 2004 :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:47 am
mporter:

Quoting sources from the "Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod", according to 1994 statistics,
"The world's 59 million Lutherans belong to 250 different autonomous Lutheran churches around the world. Not surprisingly, the largest numbers of Lutherans are to be found in Germany, the place where the Lutheran tradition made its beginning during the early part of the 16th century. There are 14.7 million Lutherans in Germany in 15 church bodies, 8.7 million in North America, 7.6 in Sweden, 4.6 in Finland, 4.5 in Denmark, 3.9 in Norway, and 2.4 million in Indonesia. There are 6.2 million Lutherans in Africa, the place where the Lutheran Church is growing most rapidly today, and 4.6 million Lutherans in Asia. "
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 02:58 am
First of all, even if the source is incorrect, I do not think that one could look at the numbers and not classify Germany as a Christian country. According to Mr. Hinteler, 65% are Christian.

Secondly, I looked at the source provided by Mr. Hinteler and could find nothing under "The Federal Staticital Office- Germany"
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:31 am
mporter wrote:

Secondly, I looked at the source provided by Mr. Hinteler and could find nothing under "The Federal Staticital Office- Germany"

Either it's something wrong with your computer, your internet connection or you just can't find it within all those German statistics.

Since, however, every other (quoted) source takes the data from this origin, you should be okay by rading the CIA factbook, or the Lutheran sources etc.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:39 am
mporter wrote:
First of all, even if the source is incorrect, I do not think that one could look at the numbers and not classify Germany as a Christian country. According to Mr. Hinteler, 65% are Christian.
Quote:

This is not according to me (I personally doubt that all [still] members of a Christian church are [still] Christians), but to the only available and official data.

My response was furtheron not questioning, if Germany was a Christian country or not, but the extreme high procentage you gave to one of the smaller Christian confessions here in Germany - most Protestant churches are Evangelical here.
(Seems, you even doubt the figures, they give themselves.)
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 11:27 pm
Mr. Hinteler- There is no such thing as

The Federal Statitical Office- Germany.

Did you mean the Federal Statistical Office?

May I respectfully suggest more careful proof reading on your part?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:44 am
I didn't know that you have such a big knowledge of this office.

But that is definately wrong.

See: http://www.destatis.de/

See: http://www.destatis.de/e_home.htm

You might be, however, what we call here colloquially a "currants pooper" (nit-picker): you are correct that the hyphen isn't on the right place.

Now, would about the 57% Lutherans?
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:52 am
Please, sir, correct me if I am wrong.

Is the word spelled Statitical or Statistical?

I thought it was Statistical.

Is there such a word as Statitical?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:56 am
Nick picker, as I said.

However, we can try your knowledge of foreign languages: what about you, writing in my mother tongue German (or in Latin or French)? And I start those stupid corrections?
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:03 am
I am not fluent in other languages. Because I would look like a fool and make many mistakes if I tried to communicate in other languages, I would not dare to try to do so. I know my limitations.
I hope that I would not be so foolish as to try to perform in a venue for which I was not fully prepared.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:03 am
So you mean, I should leave here because of my typos?
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:08 am
Take a lesson fom the weather Walter. :wink:
0 Replies