I'm liking this guy, homeless artist, despite

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:18 pm
what I see as big PR stuff probably from the Chronicle, and local fans. Whether or not he makes it in art, he can get a job in PR one of these days.* That isn't to say that I don't like his art (I've never liked Kahlo, sorry, from early on, maybe I'll reform one of these days). But he has ability and sense and spit and I wish him well, and a good time, in his runs.

*That's easy to just say, but ends up sounding mocking, so low the probability re job getting. I can just picture attempts not working.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Homeless-S-F-marathoner-doesn-t-run-from-his-5414162.php#photo-6186290
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 582 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 05:31 pm
@ossobuco,
I like Kahlo..her art was very symbolic and relevant to the world in which she lived . I think she was much more interesting than her benefactor . Careful with artists..a real one doesn't care what the world thinks. They only care about their immersion into their own world. They tend to make interesting people.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 05:50 pm
@Germlat,
I have known about them for years. Many.

Oh, by the way, I'm an artist.
I have read enough over decades to appreciate Frieda as icon making.
Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Me too!! Interesting to know that about you. What do you create?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:30 pm
@Germlat,
Nothing to break banks, eh. But a lot of joy.

I gotta say, no wonder you piss me off, you're an artist. (In the beginning, you didn't want to know about the posters. Which caused teeth clenching.)

I've a history I'll add up, probably tomorrow, as it's sort of long and screwball mixed with dull and dull and other stories; I'll try to cull out dull.
Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:39 pm
@ossobuco,
For me as well, I've always enjoyed art. At a point in my life, I decided to go for science ..science will always be my love...but now, I realize, I could've had both. I'm irritated at myself. I've never been the traditional female...and I've felt the heat my entire life.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:45 pm
@Germlat,
We have stuff to talk about, even at length.

Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I have the same feeling..
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:53 pm
@Germlat,
OK. We can take it to pms if you want, or start straight out online, even in this thread.

Well, eh, I said I'd tell you my history. How to cull... not for shame but it is too long.
Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:55 pm
@ossobuco,
I say, go with the flow.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 07:06 pm
@Germlat,
My flow may be slow....

probably not too much, if I can contain it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 07:11 pm
Meantime, what is happening with this guy..
Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 07:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Sounds exciting...go for it.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 07:32 am
@ossobuco,
Notoriety , particularly in a good light can open doors. For the time being, he may simply be content with the arrangement. Sometimes work interferes with art. Even so...he must work some , in order to able to afford art supplies. I see him benefitting from working outdoors in something that requires an artistic eye and structure . Maybe some type of landscaping work.
0 Replies

Luigi17123

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:16 am
@ossobuco,

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/254023-1#post-5756900
0 Replies