Have you ever fallen asleep at the movie theater?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 04:05 pm
@Setanta,
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/is_this_the_single_time_tim_curry_was_willing_to_discuss_rocky_horror_at_le

Quote:
Fearing typecasting, Tim Curry notoriously shied away from discussing the role he’s most famous for—“Dr. Frank N. Furter” in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He never did the fan conventions. Even at the late date of 2010, when fellow cast members Barry Bostwick and Meatloaf guest-starred on “The Rocky Horror Glee Show” episode of Glee, Curry still wanted no part of it, which is what makes this B&W interview shot in 1975, the week the film was released in Britain, so fascinating

This is probably the sole extended interview on video that Curry has ever given on the subject of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He tells interviewer Mark Caldwell of the role’s physical demands, of reprising Rocky onstage in Los Angeles at The Roxy and how he tried to make the character more “evil” for the film version. When asked near the end if there would be a Rocky Horror sequel, Curry firmly deadpans “Not with me in it.”

really great to watch
raprap

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 06:49 pm
Gone With the Wind

It was my dearly departed best friend and room mate's favorite movie and we had to watch it at least once a year. I don't particularly like the story or the movie and prided myself that i could be sound asleep at Leo's third roar and be awake at the start of the credits.

Rap
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 07:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Loved dat Tim Curry as Frank.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
. . . until the last twenty or so minutes. I found the ending boring and zonked out.

I agree completely with that reaction. I didn't fall asleep, though--we were doing heavy drugs that night--no sleep for us!
0 Replies

wikitech01

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 02:44 am
Never fell asleep in a theater,but it often happens if i watch movie at home
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:03 am
@tsarstepan,
I feel asleep once. I brought my kids to see some Disney movie it had to do with a farm - not one of their better movies. Any way I was an overtired mom - work full time outside the home and then my kids were younger so when I came home I tried to do and spend as much time with them as I could.

It was either a weekend or a vacation day, I took them to the movies. My younger one was small enough to sit on my lap -- which she wanted to so she did. I fell asleep and woke up with her still sitting there and the credits were rolling.

Best money I ever spent going to the movies in my opinion. That nap was awesome.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:07 am
@wikitech01,
Like you, at home, I frequently fall asleep watching a movie. I think cause we tend to watch later at night, and I am always at lack of sleep. I fall asleep often times with anything on TV - whether interesting to me or not.

Simple exhaustion -- not necessarily boring.
Germlat

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:49 am
@Linkat,
Me too! I fall asleep to Murder She Wrote, Columbo, Midsummer Murders, anything in that category every single night. I find it relaxing. Why husband calls shows of that sort" light hearted murders". Smile
0 Replies

SoleAnne

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Never,though it is a boring movie.
0 Replies

jasonrobins038

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Not really, i am a very light sleeper.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 08:28 am
@Linkat,
I have fallen asleep while watching an evening tv show that I was very interested in - something by an English presenter, Michael somebody, about Egyptian archeology, if I remember. I put it down to something in his voice connecting to a sleep center in my brain - at that hour. I'm sure I fell asleep watching night time tv before, but on this one time I was extremely interested in the subject and still crashed, which surprised me.
0 Replies