Who Do You Think Kerry Will Pick?

PDiddie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:21 am
Electoral College?

I thought the Supreme Court picked the President now...
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:23 am
I've got Hilary over Ball State in the first round.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:26 am
Nope. Just the EC. the SCOTUS just reaffirms who they pick.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:27 am
CerealKiller wrote:
I've got Hilary over Ball State in the first round.

LOL

I really thought Ann Richards would pull the upset.

Too many FReepers played spoiler, I suppose.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:29 am
McGentrix wrote:
Nope. Just the EC. the SCOTUS just reaffirms who they pick.

No-no. The Supreme Court actually picks the President.

Weren't you paying attention last go-round?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:32 pm
Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry is focusing on five potential running mates, including former party nomination rivals Senator John Edwards and retired General Wesley Clark, according to campaign and party officials familiar with the selection process.

The others under consideration are Representative Richard Gephardt of St. Louis, Senator Bob Graham of Florida -- both of whom also made bids for the Democratic nomination -- and Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack, the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said. Kerry won't name his choice until next month, the officials said.

``With the exception of Vilsack, this is a very safe, predictable list,'' said Stu Rothenberg, editor of the nonpartisan Rothenberg Political Report. ``You have here a number of people who ran for president, who have already been vetted, who are something of known quantities.''

Naming a running mate before the Democratic National Convention in July would add another fund raiser to the campaign and another voice to promote Kerry's proposals and criticize President George W. Bush. Vice President Dick Cheney has been raising money for the Republican re-election effort and has been using speeches to say voters should have ``ample reason to doubt'' Kerry's judgment on national security.

Kerry has refused to say who he is considering and his campaign declined to comment on the selection process.

Bloomberg
0 Replies