That Crummy Obamacare

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 06:15 am
So I get a letter saying my medicare kicks in May 1st. (I'll be 65 on May 8th. This means I'm off my BCBS from ACA whether I like it or not. They will take 104.00 a month out of my S.S. for Medicare part B, and my medigap will cost an additional 140.00 a month so that I'm covered to the same degree I'm currently covered by BCBS. In addition, to carry my wife on the BCBS program alone will be 80.00 a month. So, the coverage I had for a couple of months for Shelley and I will now cost 324.00 a month, where under ACA it was 145.07 a month. And Obamacare is a **** deal? Okay.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 389 • Replies: 4
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:31 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Neither my husband nor I have looked into Obama care. We also have to use Medicare as primary insurance but our Federal BCBS is now our medigap insurance. Oddly enough, we still pay as much monthly for our medigap as we did when BCBS was the sole insurer. We also pay quarterly for Medicare, so we are now paying more for our insurance than before. BCBS still pays 80% of medications, and we no longer pay co-pays. Frankly, I'm just happy we have insurance and can still see our own doctors.

I should check out the Maryland Exchange, as soon as it's replaced by the Connecticut version. I read that the goal of enrollment has been met, and also all the lost jobs have been replaced and employers are ramping up to hire more people. Sad isn't it. Plus Obama killed Bin Ladin, and I'm pretty sure Somali Pirates are leaving American merchant ships alone.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Well, you know bvt, bitchers gotta bitch.

I've no probs with the ACA either.

I'm working this temp job for 2 weeks, at a call center for a gaming company.
I was talking to this fellow temp, who's in his 50's I'd say, and doesn't make a lot of money, and he pays I think something like $54 a month.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 01:32 pm
@chai2,
My ex has exactly the same policy I do for me and squinney. I helped her navigate the site. She's paying 61.00 a month
chai2

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 01:51 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
When I signed up, I was estimating the amount I would make for this year, but I don't think I'll come near that. In that event, it'll be a credit on my taxes.

I do wonder if your credit doesn't cover what you should get back, you can roll the credit over to next year. I changed my tax withholding forms to something like 6 exemptions, so for the pay I do get, there won't be any withholding.

I got the silver plan next year, but since I mostly just take advantage of the well woman services, which are free, and I have a couple of scripts, I may just take t he bronze next year. If I end up in the hospital, I'll run through the deductible that **** through a goose anyway, so what the hell.
0 Replies