What does negligation mean? Negligence?

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:27 am

Context:

the paper "Folgerungen aus den Capillaritätserscheinungen" (Conclusions Drawn from the Phenomena of Capillarity) from the year 1901 is a common product of Einstein & Marity;
in 3 of the 4 famous 1905 Annalen papers Mileva’s substantial role is probable, but in the "Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies" any substantial role of Marity is unfounded;
in later years Einstein’s memory was inconstant about roles of early coworkers, so the lack of mentions of Marity in various autobiographies does not indicate anything at all; and
the divorce left very bad memories in Einstein, so his negligation of the first wife as a colleague is psychologically understandable, although not so from the viewpoint of Physics.[42]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,724 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
contrex

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:38 am
@oristarA,
Negligation is not an English word; I suspect that the piece is a translation done by a non-English speaker, who could not find 'neglect' in a dictionary.
Ragman
  Selected Answer

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:15 am
@oristarA,
The word negligation is not an English word. The word negation, however, is and fits within this context.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:10 pm
@contrex,
yes...Better choice still...the word neglect could come to mind, as well.
0 Replies

oristarA

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 09:22 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Negligation is not an English word; I suspect that the piece is a translation done by a non-English speaker, who could not find 'neglect' in a dictionary.

Cool.
Thanks.
0 Replies