Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:04 am
How is The Holy Spirit, God insulted?

Would one know they have insulted the Holy Spirit? Have I?

I think anyone should worry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,779 • Replies: 61
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:12 am
If you're concerned about it, you probably haven't done it.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:17 am
@anonymously99,
She's always insulted when someone sneezes or farts and no one says either bless you (a witness nearby) or excuse me (the victim). She's a prude that way.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:19 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

I don't know.

Don't be so sure.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:20 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
She's always insulted when someone sneezes or farts and no one says either bless you (a witness nearby) or excuse me (the victim). She's a prude that way.

I'm not understanding.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:26 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

Quote:

I don't know.

Don't be so sure.

You honestly think a god lords over you 24/7 just waiting for you to do something so it can justify torturing you for the rest of eternity? Really? You make it sound like it is a mafia boss just waiting to bust you for slip up so it can knock you off. Don't you see how delusional and how much madness that is?

Many ex-christians have the hardest time over coming this whole fear thing. It is obvious it was designed to prevent people from straying away from the cult.

It just seems so stupid. A god creates this universe with it's beautiful symmetry and fundamental laws of nature and it cares weather or not a male has a flap on skin still on his penis. Or cares if you eat pork. It is absurd. Absolute nonsense.

There is no god, never was nor never will be. We have invented to concept to help cope with the fact that we are self aware and we understand that there is a day in the future when we will cease to exist. The idea is very difficult to grasp and understand. It is unnerving so people like you invent all these ideas so they can avoid thinking about it. To ease their minds. It is all nonsense. Just face reality, it is far better than the delusional ideas of an after life, god, holy ghosts and all that nonsense.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:54 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Just face reality, it is far better than the delusional ideas of an after life, god, holy ghosts and all that nonsense.

What's real is not delusional. Jesus Christ was, is real. He lived to die for our sins. God is real. How else did Jesus Christ exist.

Your blurred vision is delusional.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:57 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
You honestly think a god lords over you 24/7 just waiting for you to do something so it can justify torturing you for the rest of eternity?

The Holy Spirit is with each of us every second of every day.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:06 am
@anonymously99,
Quote:
How is The Holy Spirit, God insulted?
By confused punctuation, Anon. Either eliminate the comma or add a second one, after "God"

anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:11 am
@dalehileman,
It's too late to edit the post.

I was being serious.

Am I okay or not?
dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:18 am
@anonymously99,
Quote:
It's too late to edit the post.
Of course Anon, I was sorta pullin yer leg

Quote:
I was being serious.
Me too, tho in a kinda frivolous way

Quote:
Am I okay or not?
I'm sure you're okay
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:25 am
@dalehileman,
I've prayed for simple things, things that seemed to make sense to me to pray for. Thinking to myself it made sense to pray for the simple things. Simple things in life. Is that insulting to the Lord? The Holy Spirit, our God. I have felt that it wouldn't make sense to pray for miracles because I don't expect them. Yet I think I actually have prayed for miracles throughout my life.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 01:50 pm
@anonymously99,
I wouldn't pray for a miracle because the term is a synonym for impossible

As a pantheist however I see no reason not to pray for whatever's possible. A prayer is in a sense is God talking to Herself

Quote:
Is that insulting to the Lord?
If you mean praying for a miracle, in a sense yes it is. Asking Her for the impossible is indeed insulting. She cannot do the impossible because the impossible can't be done
Krumple

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 02:02 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I've prayed for simple things, things that seemed to make sense to me to pray for. Thinking to myself it made sense to pray for the simple things. Simple things in life. Is that insulting to the Lord? The Holy Spirit, our God. I have felt that it wouldn't make sense to pray for miracles because I don't expect them. Yet I think I actually have prayed for miracles throughout my life.

Praying does nothing period. You only see what you want to see. You ignore all the times it failed and only look at the times when coincidences occurred. If praying really did work why not actually pray for something important? Like ending all wars or world peace? OH yeah right these are just too big of prayers, can't be expecting god to work a miracle like world peace now. Gotta do little things like ask for money or a new job or that your favorite sport team wins the playoffs.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Dalehileman. I don't think you're making any sense.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:30 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Praying does nothing period.

Praying affects the energies throughout this world. It is beautiful.

Quote:
You only see what you want to see.

I see much.

Quote:
You ignore all the times it failed and only look at the times when coincidences occurred.

I've learned.

Quote:
If praying really did work why not actually pray for something important? Like ending all wars or world peace?

The more I pray for love, the more love I feel in my heart.

Quote:
OH yeah right these are just too big of prayers, can't be expecting god to work a miracle like world peace now.

Everyone has to want love, to feel love, to show love, to give love, to be accepting, understanding, knowledgeable, to want it, to provide it and much more. We all have to learn and move on letting go of upsetting situations, but being positive at the same time. This won't happen over night and I'm not saying that it is possible or impossible for everyone to want as mentioned. It doesn't hurt to pray.

Quote:
Gotta do little things like ask for money or a new job or that your favorite sport team wins the playoffs.

I'm not asking for money or for a certain team to win any playoffs. Is that what you're praying consists of? Your and my mind process differently.

Love, knowledge, understanding, else similar is possible.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:55 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Dalehileman. I don't think you're making any sense.
Yea Anon, pantheism is tough to grasp
anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
@dalehileman,
Pantheism.

Are you saying that is what I did? That I've done that?
Krumple

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:11 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

You know another thing that annoys me about people who talk about praying. It reminds me of a viral video on youtube of this young girl who was thanking god that she got some check in the mail so she can go to college. That it was some miracle that she got this money and how wonderful god is for making it happen.

I couldn't help but think wow, god is willing to help out some stupid girl but does absolutely nothing to help feed the starving children in the world. He must really have his priorities in place for that.

The simple fact is, there is no god and that is why snobby stupid girls can make videos on youtube talking about some twenty thousand dollar check they got in the mail to pay for college while there are children dying of starvation. The ONLY universe that this would occur in is one where there is no god. But if there is a god and this is how things occur then that god is a douche bag.

anonymously99

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:43 am
@Krumple,
I find it humorous you make well known your jealousy of God.

Everything happens for a reason don't you believe? I do. Why have I suffered the mental suffering I've suffered and continue? Why do others suffer as they suffer? I'm sure some wonder, where is God and why isn't he helping them out of the suffering. I do believe for who each of us are we live through what we live through for a reason otherwise we wouldn't be who we are today, we won't be who we will become in the future.
I honestly believe everything happens for a reason. God is everywhere. He sees everything. Knows everything. I find God truly amazing because nothing can be greater than God with God's powers, abilities, knowledge and so forth.
To define
God [god]

—noun

the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
(lowercase) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
(often lowercase) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
Christian Science. the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, Love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.
(lowercase) an image of a deity; an idol.
(lowercase) any deified person or object.
(often lowercase) Gods, Theater.
the upper balcony in a theater.
the spectators in this part of the balcony.