Why Am I Not Surprised?

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:00 am
Having previously condemned Saddam's Iraqi Generals to be mass-murdering torturers and invaded Iraq (officially) to rescue the Iraqi people from their evil domination, who is the Administration starting to employ to run Iraq on their behalf?

Naturally, the same mass-murderers and torturers as before. However, this time they will be carrying-out their atrocities in the name of America, so that's O.K. Twisted Evil

Presumably this will be fine with those who believe that the sun shines from Bush's every orifice?
Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 818 • Replies: 13
No top replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:12 am
hey it seems that mass murders and torture is the only language iraqis understand, so george II. is "bringing it on".

In post war germany the administration the allies set up consisted mostly of elements of the nazis because they were the most anti-cominist segment of the german society, in iraq they now employ the help of former baathists, because they are the most anti-iraqi element of the society. these iraqi "officers" are nothing more than thugs whose military careers consist of putting down insurgents by kurds and shiites, often putting down meaning killing off entire villages and razing towns down to the ground. Bush may as well get chemical ali to head the coalition forces........
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:39 am
Hey, even Nazis can be rehabilitated. Werner Von Braun comes to mind. I like to follow John Webb's flowery rhetoric with crap of my own. Laughing
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:36 am
The next logical step for the Bush administration, put Saddam back in charge claiming he has been rehabilitated? Whilst their friends continue to loot the oil ..... which was the original objective of the whole invasion. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:37 am
Well, I think the situation is more complicated than just oil, although that is indeed a factor.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:40 am
"Hey, even Nazis can be rehabilitated." cavfancier

Kurt Waldheim comes to mind.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:42 am
Yep, him too.
0 Replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:46 am
actually it can't be, I mean it must not be that simple. The superpower of the world going to war with a country for oil, that can't be.... it is just so petty, and also basic that there has to be some other ulterior motive. I mean you have the saudis and the rest willing to sell as much oil as anyone can want. New fields are discovered and exploited over in central asia, and the US has presence there, so I don't really think that it is about oil. At least not this chapter. There has to be something bigger.....

Saudi arabia comes to mind, that place will destablize rather quick, and maybe the US wants to be there surrounding the place from all sides, that kinde of makes sense given the closeness of the saudi clan and the bush administration members, heck theyve been bedding each other since the 70's. So maybe it is to make sure that when fahad dies the people don't try and set up a democracy of sorts. Maybe the US just wants to make sure that it is present in the regeion in a way to be able to set up a saudi as the head of the clan and the country (if you can call it that).

There has to be something that I am missing here....... doesnt make much sense. The US is or at least I thought was already present enough in the region......

I'll start a new thread on this issue, and see if anyone can help....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:48 am
I'm with you on this one, yilmaz. It appears my sarcasm was missed on this thread.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 07:17 am
Gather round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun,
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience.
Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown.
"Ha, Nazi Schmazi," says Wernher von Braun.

Don't say that he's hypocritical,
Say rather that he's apolitical.

"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town
Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.

You too may be a big hero,
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero.
"In German oder English I know how to count down,
Und I'm learning Chinese," says Wernher von Braun.

Tom Lehrer

http://wiw.org/~drz/tom.lehrer/the_year.html#braun
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 07:20 am
Well it is a smart move for the US if you want to really massacre Iraqis, certainly Saddam's former generals and surely know how to kill, maim, torture, kidnap, rape, and commit other war crimes far better than our Marines do.
0 Replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:17 am
I beg to differ Joanne,

Who was it that trained osama, and provided training for the armies of, saddam, shar riza pehlavi, the whole operation stay behind death squads of Greece, and Turkey, for the contras, also for pinochet in Chile, there are may others but these are the ones that come to mind..... so I say that the marines can certainly kill, maim, torture, kidnap, rape, and commit other war crimes as well as anyone else, all you have to do is get the cia to train them.......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:29 am
I love Tom Lehrer....
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:45 am
How about Stan Freberg, Bob Newhart, Shelley Berman, the Smothers Brothers?
0 Replies