A2K MEET IN EUROPE, 2005

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 11:41 am
Perfect! I have been to Constance a few times, and those pretty churches, and that lake where Hitler had a mansion/castle ?Adlerhof or something. It's a charming area. Definitely worth a drive through... anyone else coming with me?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:00 pm
Walter, you are so efficient! Thanks!

Clary, I'd love to come along for part of the way. If we'd all meet at Walter's place we could go down South together.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:08 pm
I had a economics professor at university by the name of Strasburg. Smile
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:13 pm
I studied the Strasbourg Oaths, 808, precursors of the modern French and German languages
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:19 pm
Clary, Once the dates for this gathering is established, please change the title of this forum that includes the dates. Thx, c.i.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:24 pm
ok, if I can work out the technology!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:32 pm
Clary wrote:
I studied the Strasbourg Oaths, 808, precursors of the modern French and German languages

The first text in recognizable Old French is the Romance version of the Oath of Strasbourg, indeed.

I doubt a bit that the second version of the oaths can be called 'German' - there wasn't a 'Germany' at these times, but the Germanic-speaking eastern kingdom.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:36 pm
Clary, Just click on the Edit button, and the Title will show up. All you need to do is revise it. The originator of any forum can change the title. Wink
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:42 pm
jolly good
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 12:55 pm
Well I never, all this activity.

I have spent the day in the basement, sweeping up and washing the floor, and having a general clean and fixing things a bit.

Now I have come up into the daylight. I see you e-travellers have got it all fixed up. Brill.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 01:02 pm
McTag, You must come out of your dungeon once in awhile. Long term darkness is not good for your health. LOL
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 01:33 pm
McTag Laughing Laughing

I spent all Saturday in the business suit, being civil to pharmacists and that ilk, at a conference where our company had a profile raising exercise! Yikes! Shocked

One day of that, and went straight to bed after a couple of stiff drinks. I can't face it again today!

And haven't you possums been busy in my absence!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 01:47 pm
Hey, margo, pharmacists are okay people! I worked at a pharmacy when I was attending highschool as a sales clerk/soda jerk, and also made friends with a retired pharmacist and his lovely wife from southern California with whom I've kept in touch by email. They even visited us up in northern California a couple of years ago. Wink
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 01:54 pm
c.i.,
Pharmacists as individuals may be fine. I have a close friend who is a pharmacist.

However, any time I have to dress properly, and spend a whole day, on my feet, being civil to any bunch of people is a major effort. Especially as I'm pain-ridden after some unusually energetic tennis the previous night!

I am so NOT a corporate type!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:01 pm
even in the red shoes??
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:04 pm
I don't have any red shoes (that was Olga!) - it was all done in basic black. We looked like a murder of crows!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:08 pm
oh sorry, got mixed up with the fetishists down under... just sat through 3 hour video of niece's wedding in Melbourne, god you people drink! The bride had a glass in her hand for 3 hours prior to the wedding, and all her bridesmaids too. Probably meant they could sleep uninterrupted through the interminable speeches.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 11:02 pm
Clazza, is there any part of the world where you don't have friends or relatives? Maybe a small corner of Ulan Bator or Outer Mongolia?

Good morning, all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 11:37 pm
margo, You know how that saying goes, no pain, no gain. Wink When we visited Japan last month, we walked uphill and up stairs at most of the 33 temples we visited. The first four days were hell; my calf hurt like they were cramping, but on the fifth day all the pain disappeared, and the rest were a breeze. Wink
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 12:39 am
McTag wrote:
Clazza, is there any part of the world where you don't have friends or relatives? Maybe a small corner of Ulan Bator or Outer Mongolia?

Good morning, all.

Morning, Tag!
Funny you should say that, I do know someone whose father was ambassador to Ulan Bator in the 70s....
You should join a forum, Tag, get a life!
0 Replies