Does "I sort of tear up a little bit" mean "I somehow would like tell you in a bit more details"?

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:14 am

Context:

* “Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers in the audience. I do have to say, though, that this is a tough holiday for Rahm Emanuel. Because he’s not used to saying the word ‘day’ after mother. That’s true.”

* “David Axelrod is here. Now, David and I have been together for a long time. I can still remember. I sort of tear up a little bit when I think back to that day that I called Axe so many years ago and said, ‘You and I can do wonderful things together.’ And he said to me the same thing that partners all across America are saying to one another right now: ‘Let’s go to Iowa and make it official.’”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 486 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Wilso
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:20 am
It means the person feels themself start to cry.
oristarA

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:36 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

It means the person feels themself start to cry.

Thank.
Does partners in the context mean "homosexual partners/couples"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:40 am
No, this is a pair of political jokes. The first one refers to an obscenity, and the second one refers to the beginning of a campaign for the office of president, which usually begins with either the New Hampshire primary or the Iowa caucuses.
Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, this is a pair of political jokes. The first one refers to an obscenity, and the second one refers to the beginning of a campaign for the office of president, which usually begins with either the New Hampshire primary or the Iowa caucuses.

I almost fucked that one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:53 am
Not at all, Wilso--the original question was what "I sort of tear up a little bit" means. You answered that correctly.
Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Not at all, Wilso--the original question was what "I sort of tear up a little bit" means. You answered that correctly.

These days I take 1/2 right as a major success!
0 Replies