Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:59 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:
This is similar to another theory I read, about it likely being an electrical fire.

Pilot turns plane toward possible safe landing (long enough runway with no rough terrain, approach over water). Then the crew starts pulling breakers, trying to find the source of the problem, which causes the radios to stop at different times. Finally, they try to starve the fire, but stall out. Crew and passengers overcome by smoke, the autopilot flies until it runs out of fuel....

The main challenge to any "slow burn" scenario is the lack of communication. If the crew had any time at all to react the first thing they would have done would be to communicate their situation, which they obviously didn't.

To do this, a fire would have had to take out all forms of communication before they crew noticed any problem, and that seems extremely unlikely.

Actually, flight rules and conventions have that as one of the last things to do. "Fly the airplane" is always number one. Try to get the airplane out of any trouble that it is in...is number two.

After all that...communicating a problem is something that should be considered.

Nobody on the ground can help you; nothing more useless to a pilot than runway behind you or altitude above you.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 12:06 pm
@rosborne979,
"Aviate, navigate, communicate."

If they were busy flying or navigating, then they would not spend time on the radio....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 12:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Actually, flight rules and conventions have that as one of the last things to do. "Fly the airplane" is always number one. Try to get the airplane out of any trouble that it is in...is number two.

That's true if you can't do both, but in a slow burn situation you can, and a MayDay would be sent. Especially when you have two pilots available.

If the situation is so immediately drastic that you cannot communicate, then it isn't a slow burn scenario.

If there was an explosive fire on board then I would classify that as something similar in sudden severity as a hull breach or structural failure, but without the drop in cabin pressure. I suppose it's possible that there was an explosion and fire on board which almost instantly poisoned the environment (smoke and heat) so that nobody could communicate, but I wouldn't necessarily expect that to knock out the transponder and the ACARS data transmission at the same time (which might be a bit more likely in a structural failure which ruptured the fuselage and destroyed the antennas).
0 Replies

RushPoint

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
wtf r u talking about? I never once said they were flying around for a week, nor did I even imply this! not sure where you got it from but it wasn't me! they had seven hours worth of fuel, they could have landed at many different locations! geez man, use your head!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:54 pm
@RushPoint,
RushPoint wrote:

wtf r u talking about? I never once said they were flying around for a week, nor did I even imply this! not sure where you got it from but it wasn't me! they had seven hours worth of fuel, they could have landed at many different locations! geez man, use your head!

You keep speculating that they will just suddenly fly back. A jet plane that size needs one hell of a long landing strip. You watched too many episodes of Lost and it deluded you to think that there are random unwatched air strips all over the Pacific Ocean.

Quote:
they could have landed at many different locations!

You just need to check these paranoid conspiracies and get someone with a psych degree to check your head.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 07:10 pm
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

More.

About agrees with what we've been saying.

Joe(now I'm leaning towards catosophric fire/explosion) Nation
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 07:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
I just read that. It seems pretty likely, to me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 07:35 pm
@RushPoint,
I recommend reading the article at JoeNation's link.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 07:38 pm
@Joe Nation,
That makes the most sense of anything I've heard so far. If the SOP for an electrical fire is to pull the breakers first to isolate the short, then that would account for the transponder drop and the lack of communication.

I guess the fire did a lot of damage before they were aware of it, and then got out of control very quickly. Maybe they opened a hatch trying to figure out what was wrong and gave it more oxygen in the process which caused it to flare. It was probably a ghost plane before it even crossed back over Malaysia. Then ended up in the Indian Ocean south of Sri Lanka somewhere.
Below viewing threshold (view)
RushPoint

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 09:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
really? funny thing, I never once said they would just suddenly fly back! that's just stupid! what I did was pose a question! "is it possible this jet could have been stolen and maybe sometime in the future we could see it being used as a weapon much like what happened on 9/11, is it not possible it could be loaded up with explosives and crashed into a building or possibly a nuke plant somewhere? oh and just so YOU know, before you start whining, I'm sure they would have to refuel it first duh!

I never speculated about anything not already being considered by the investigators, or what's being said on the news! I made no comments about this jet just flying around for a week or "flying back" as you put it, nor did I make up any wild conspiracy's in regards to anything other than what is already being considered! and just so you know fuk head, there are many many abandon "un monitored" airstrips all throughout the pacific left over from ww2, some of these airstrips are certainly capable of landing a 777, they may have been over grown by vegetation but I'm sure this would not be a problem that couldn't be fixed with a few months of planning and effort, they may be in rough shape but far from "impossible". So you can go ahead and tell your therapist that his suggestions of you speaking your mind and being more assertive didn't work out so well! tell him your brain got in the way of your mouth again! oh and one more thing, "go **** yourself!"
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 02:29 am
@RushPoint,
Any huge airliner appearing out of the blue and heading for a nuclear power plant would be picked up straight away by missile defence systems, it's not a bloody stealth bomber.

9/11 worked because those were charted planes, not something out of nowhere,they just went a bit off course. And it was the first time someone had done that.

RushPoint

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
I would agree with you that for the most part the 65 nuke plants in the USA would be rather difficult to target due to missile defence and or early warning systems in place but that is only 56 out of over 350 plants globally! Canada for instance has NO missile defence systems at either Darlington's nuclear power facility or Pickering's plant, they don't even have a "no fly zone" in effect over these facilities! they are literally un guarded and not far from massive populations in the US. I never once said this is what I think will happen, I simply said that I wondered if it is possible! , even though it's not a "Bloody Stealth Bomber!" it is still plausible and the reason I posed this question was in effort to evoke a conversation, so if you people can not comprehend the difference between a question/concern and a comment/claim or statement, if you can only respond with insult or condescending ridicule then you to can "go **** yourself!"

I asked, and only once, "is it possible that this jet could have been hijacked or stolen only to be in the near future used to crash into a building or nuke plant somewhere?" <----- *Note the question mark!

somehow you idiots read "this jet was stolen and is being directed to a nuke plant in the USA" ffs!, why not add "it was terrorists and they flew it to Afghanistan for a paint job and reprogramming!", that's right! there gunna paint her pink with a purple nose and jam it straight up the Yankz smelly radio active ass! no lube!, "get a grip!"
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:29 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

That makes the most sense of anything I've heard so far. If the SOP for an electrical fire is to pull the breakers first to isolate the short, then that would account for the transponder drop and the lack of communication.

I guess the fire did a lot of damage before they were aware of it, and then got out of control very quickly. Maybe they opened a hatch trying to figure out what was wrong and gave it more oxygen in the process which caused it to flare. It was probably a ghost plane before it even crossed back over Malaysia. Then ended up in the Indian Ocean south of Sri Lanka somewhere.

This article was mentioned and dismissed by "experts" according to a CBS morning TV show.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:29 am
@RushPoint,
I've not sworn at you until now, so **** yourself you pig ignorant fuckwit. If you think it's possible to fly a great big passenger airline from somewhere in the South Pacific to Canada then you really must have **** for brains.

Most of what you've suggested is nonsense, the fact that you take it seriously shows you must be a moron.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:53 am
@RushPoint,
RushPoint wrote:

Canada for instance has NO missile defence systems at either Darlington's nuclear power facility or Pickering's plant,

Your understanding of geography is the worst I've seen here at a2k since I started in 2009. The plane, even if completely fueled up, would still have to pass through US airspace to get to these Canadian sites. Hours and hours worth of warning for both governments to have lunch, tea, a slight nap then to decide what to do with the plane. Probably shoot it down with fighter jets. And yes. Canada has them. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I never once said this is what I think will happen, I simply said that I wondered if it is possible!

You do so every time someone tells you it isn't possible and you INSIST on arguing that it is by continuing on about secret landing strips and massively sinister conspiracies of an nearly 99.999% impossible stealth attack.

Quote:
it is still plausible and the reason I posed this question was in effort to evoke a conversation

It's plausible that tiny meteorite could fall from the sky and hit you on the noggin, penetrating your skull, and while striking and killing a single solitary cancer cell that if left alone would grow into a malignant tumor thusly actually saving your life. It's possible but the odds are staggeringly low that that will ever happen.

Quote:
I asked, and only once, "is it possible that this jet could have been hijacked or stolen only to be in the near future used to crash into a building or nuke plant somewhere?" <----- *Note the question mark!

No. Stop lying. Please don't backtrack. You asked if it was possible for this plane to ever be hijacked and flown into a nuclear plant. To remind you! Please READ ONCE AGAIN YOUR OWN WORDS BELOW:

RushPoint wrote:

I have heard of many possibilities regarding the whereabouts of Malaysian airline flight 370, is it possible we could see this jet headed for a nuke plant or government building some time in the future? or could this be an attempt to draw attention from the situation in Ukraine? just something someone said to me on day 2 of this event.

http://able2know.org/topic/238082-1#post-5608757
rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:22 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
This article was mentioned and dismissed by "experts" according to a CBS morning TV show.

Interesting. Did they say why they dismissed it, or what part of it they don't agree with?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:49 am
@RushPoint,
RushPoint wrote:
I have heard of many possibilities regarding the whereabouts of Malaysian airline flight 370, is it possible we could see this jet headed for a nuke plant or government building some time in the future?

I suppose anything is possible but that scenario seems extremely unlikely. There are a number of reasons for this, but one big reason is that there's no advantage in stealing a passenger liner for this purpose when you could more easily rent a cargo plane and just fly it on a legitimate route near your target and then divert it and make a mad dash for your target. Having a passenger plane doesn't gain you anything and probably makes things much more difficult.

The only scenario which makes sense on this so far is some type of mechanical emergency which results in a course change followed by a ghost plane and a crash into the ocean. There are a few contradictory pieces of evidence to this scenario, but they are all coming from unverified sources, and are probably just bogus facts.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 07:57 am
Quote:
Rushpoint said: is it possible this jet could have been stolen and maybe sometime in the future we could see it being used as a weapon much like what happened on 9/11, is it not possible it could be loaded up with explosives and crashed into a building or possibly a nuke plant somewhere?

Good thinking, an airliner packed with explosives could take out a whole city centre anywhere in the world like a ballistic missile, or hit a selected target like a big army base, the White House, Houses of Parliament, a packed football stadium etc.
Israel are top of the muslim worlds hit list so it's more likely the airliner might one day show up over Tel Aviv..

PS- but having said that I still tend to think there was nothing mysterious about the disappearance because planes and ships have always been disappearing without trace because of some mechanical failure so it's nothing new.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 08:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Good thinking, an airliner packed with explosives could take out a whole city centre anywhere in the world like a ballistic missile, or hit a selected target like a big army base, the White House, Houses of Parliament, a packed football stadium etc. Israel are top of the muslim worlds hit list so it's more likely the airliner might one day show up over Tel Aviv..

Again, there is no advantage to using a stolen passenger liner for this, and there are a lot of substantial disadvantages. So conjecture along this line seems rather silly.