Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:13 am
@Ragman,
Its almost like this effort is being managed by the Russians, where incompetence rules.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:22 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, consider how well the rebuilding of Iraq and Afghanistan have come off.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:31 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, I hear 'ya. But the Russians don't have the corner on the market for cover-ups or incompetence and inhumanity.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:33 am
@Ragman,
Tell farmer about USA incompetence, Ragman. How it results in the death of millions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 10:45 am
@Ragman,
Yeh they do. As a third gen Russian heritage, Ive alswys been astounded at how stupidly they engineer and how they proceed in projects. I developed a field operation for Titanium exploration in the Caucuses and when we got done with the operations the Russian beent for incompetence and graft would make Chicago look like the Amish Relief Organization.
So much money gets wasted and when things are done, schedules are just ignored until last minutes .
Despite it, we were successful.
When I saw the recent Olympiad , I was reminded of my days of Ti mining with our Russian friends.

Japan and China are pretty incompetent too but they are 'designedly so". They substitute dangerously toxic and substandard material knowingly and purposely.

We are rookies in comparison
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 10:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Can you say US military spending?

Can you take us thru the restoration of Iraq?

Afghanistan?

Farmerman the "academic".
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 10:51 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Japan and China are pretty incompetent too but they are 'designedly so". They substitute dangerously toxic and substandard material knowingly and purposely.

I have been told that the Japanese can be counted on to keep their home island pristine, but anywhere also they are will be poisoned before they are done.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I have been told that the Japanese can be counted on to keep their home island pristine, but anywhere also they are will be poisoned before they are done.

Y'all have been told a lot of crap. Hawk, and y'all are really good at repeating it.

Have you any idea of what the usa has done to poison the planet?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:47 am
@hawkeye10,
How do you figure? Is Fukushima Daiichi pristine? Is Tokyo a particularly environmentally pristine city?
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:51 am
@Ragman,
I recall all the pro-Fuk people herein talking about how the "minor meltdown" wouldn't be the cause of any long term health and environmental damage.
Yet all the Japanese nuke plants are about as seismic ready as a bunch of water balloons
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:55 am
@farmerman,
My understanding is Fukushima is unfortunately located on something akin to a triple fault location. Is this correct?

Also their storage/leakage protection standards of design were like 40 yrs behind the times.
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

You mean we have something to aspire to?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 12:22 pm
It is pretty clear that Japans nuclear polution was caused by bad management and over confidence, not lack of desire to keep the island pristine. The Japanese rep for being skilled managers has really taken a beating these last 20 years, as a result of the economy, broken political system, and nuclear plant operation.
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 12:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Regardless of the reason...the result is that it's a polluted radioactive mess that is spreading.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 12:42 pm
@Ragman,
How's the weather in your bubble, guys?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 12:45 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:

Regardless of the reason...the result is that it's a polluted radioactive mess that is spreading.

It's already merged with the nuclear wastes from USA, UK, French nuclear tests in the pacific.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 03:30 pm
@Ragman,
this is correct. But there are several places where seismicity is lessened to a haz 2 designation. Also, japn NEVER listened to the advice of the late Richard Wilson (A real expert on siting and backup designs of nukes). The Japanese have had this same "we understand but we know better" attitude that makes their nukes as unsafe as those of Russia
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 01:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I see that they've reported credible signal hits that correspond to the plane's pingers.

And now tonight they are saying that they are confident that what they are detecting are the actual black boxes.

So I guess we now know for sure where the plane ended up. Perhaps not actual proof yet. But it seems pretty clear.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 01:53 am
@oralloy,
And yet not so much as a life jacket has been found. None of the possible explanations for this are good (they are wrong about where the plane is, search incompetence, the pilot set the plane down soft as a baby).
Wilso

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 03:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

farmerman wrote:
I see that they've reported credible signal hits that correspond to the plane's pingers.

And now tonight they are saying that they are confident that what they are detecting are the actual black boxes.

So I guess we now know for sure where the plane ended up. Perhaps not actual proof yet. But it seems pretty clear.

Careful that the report didn't come from the mouth of the Australian PM. HE's a ******* halfwit, and since he's visiting China, and no one is paying any attention to him, he needs to generate some news.