what about heaven

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:32 am
Quote:
Brandon said: It doesn't make sense to believe claims for which there is no evidence.

Okay, on what "evidence" do atheists say "there's no God"?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Who do you think it was who the entire population of Israel and the Roman garrison saw strutting his stuff in front of them for 3 long years, David Blaine?..Smile

Brian?
http://decinemaki.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/monty-pythons-life-of-brian7.jpg

Seriously there were loads of Messianic characters knocking around Roman Palestine. What Jesus is purported to have done could be attributed to any number of individuals. There's a sect in the ME today that holds John the Baptist in the same regard that Christians hold Jesus.

The Bible is not a factual document, most of the Gospels are 3rd/4th+ hand information. Chinese whispers and exaggeration existed as much then as they do now. Luke made stuff up to fit in with Old Testament prophecies.

Quote:
There is no record of Caesar Augustus' decree that "all the world should be enrolled" (Lk. 2:1). The Romans kept extremely detailed records of such events. Not only is Luke's census not in these records, it goes against all that we know of Roman economic history. Roman documents show that taxation was done by the various governors at the provincial level. As we shall see later, the property tax was collected on site by travelling assessors, thus making unnecessary Joseph's journey away from what little property he must have owned.

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/census.htm
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
His putative offense of looking at criminals seems innocuous.
izzythepush wrote:
You don't go to prison for three months
for doing what he claimed he was doing.
I thought that sounded strange.
He 's proud of it (tho I don t know his reasoning for that).
He spoke of bragging rights in relation to it, and that it was "cool".
He IS proud enuf of it to make a point of TELLING us of his incarceration, more than once.

In A2K, he 's been relatively polite, better than some of the other inhabitants.

izzythepush wrote:
To spend three months for a first offence
would mean he was something sexual/violent.
I know not enuf to comment.

izzythepush wrote:
He's taking advantage of your lack of knowledge
about the British judicial system to talk a load of bollocks.
Maybe. Let's see how this develops.

David
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
Quote:
Izzy said: You don't go to prison for three months for doing what he claimed he was doing. To spend three months for a first offence would mean he was something sexual/violent.
He's taking advantage of your lack of knowledge about the British judicial system to talk a load of bollocks

Nah mate, the Brit (and American) systems often come up with ludicrous decisions that makes them a laughing stock, and that's what happened to me.
The black drug dealers claimed I was "infringing their human rights" by watching their dealing through my binocs, so the gutless coppers arrested me and the gutless magistrates gave me 3 months!
Like I said, it's so crazy I couldn't make it up.
I wonder who Hollywood will cast as me when they put it on film, Wills, Stallone, Van Damme, Pacino, Diesel?..Smile

PS- anybody know any more examples of "you couldn't make it up" policing?
For example I remember a woman was arrested here in Britain last year on a "racist" charge after she said to a woman- "You bloody Australian!"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Izzy said: You don't go to prison for three months for doing what he claimed he was doing.
To spend three months for a first offence would mean he was something sexual/violent.
He's taking advantage of your lack of knowledge about the British judicial system to talk a load of bollocks
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Nah mate,[????] the Brit (and American) systems often come up with ludicrous decisions
that makes them a laughing stock, and that's what happened to me.
The black drug dealers claimed I was "infringing their human rights"
by watching their dealing through my binocs, so the gutless coppers
arrested me and the gutless magistrates gave me 3 months!
Like I said, it's so crazy I couldn't make it up..Smile
I wonder who Hollywood will cast as me when they put it on film,
Wills, Stallone, Van Damme, Pacino, Diesel?..Smile
Romeo, help me to understand this:
it is against the law to look at criminals in England??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy, as an Englishman,
do u share the opinion that it is un-lawful in England
to say: "You bloody Australian!" ???

David
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Brandon said: It doesn't make sense to believe claims for which there is no evidence.

Okay, on what "evidence" do atheists say "there's no God"?

Most of us don't. We say there's insufficient evidence to believe that there is a God, just like there's insufficient evidence that two alien civilizations are fighting an immense war in the region of Orion's belt and will one day come to Earth to enlist our support.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:54 am
Quote:
Izzy said: The Bible is not a factual document, most of the Gospels are 3rd/4th+ hand information.

Nah mate, Gospel-writers Matthew and John were actual disciples and wrote their gospels in c.70 AD and c.95 AD!
Mark wrote his c.60 AD, he was a friend of Jesus's right-hand man Peter, and Luke wrote his c.65AD, and was a friend of Paul who spoke with the risen Jesus.

If Jesus had been just an ordinary guy he'd probably have been quickly forgotten, but when he did stuff like this (below) people knew he was something special, that's why an unknown young carpenter from a tiny village went on to become the most famous dood in the world..Smile-

The 37 MIRACLES OF JESUS http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/jmrcls.html
"..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."- John 10:38

Bringing little girl back to life
Bringing widows son back to life
Bringing Lazarus back to life
Stilling the storm
Feeding 4000
Walking on sea
Feeding 5000
Coin in fishes mouth
Withering fig tree
Big catch of fish
Water into wine
Another big fish catch
Healing leper
Healing Centurions servant
Healing Peters mother-in-law
Healing sick at evening
Healing paralysed man
Healing haemorraging woman
Healing two blind men
Healing mans withered hand
Healing Canaanite womans daughter
Healing boy with seizures
Healing blind man
Healing deaf and dumb man
Healing another blind man
Healing crippled woman
Healing man with dropsy
Healing 10 lepers
Restoring a cut-off ear
Healing noblemans sons fever
Healing crippled man at Bethesda
Healing a born-blind man
Casting out demons into pigs
Curing a mute lunatic
Casting out dirty spirit
Curing a possessed blind-dumb man
Appeared to his followers after his death
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Not at all. There's always more to it than that. The police try really hard not to arrest people who are just mouthing off, and arguing noisily. They take up spaces in the cells, and usually are released without charge once they've cooled off. They normally warn them over and over again, but some people just don't know what's good for them.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:25 am
Quote:
OmSigDavid asked: Romeo, help me to understand this:
it is against the law to look at criminals in England??

Remember, the drug dealers were BLACK, and blacks can get away with anything!
I TOLD the coppers that I was seeing kids visiting the drug house in their lunch hour from the school across the road, but still the gutless coppers were afraid to tackle the dealers!
In fact I sent a whole series of tipoffs to the police over a period of many months but still they refused to act, maybe they were on the dealers payroll to turn a blind eye, and eventually they arrested me to shut me up!
Like I said, you couldn't make it up..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You just did.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Remember, the drug dealers were BLACK, and blacks can get away with anything!

Racist nonsense.

Quote:
Black and Asian people are still far more likely than white people to be stopped and searched by police in England and Wales, a report has said.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) said in some areas black people were 29 times more likely to be stopped and searched.

Overall, black people were six times as likely as white people to be stopped.

The commission said the disproportion between different ethnic groups remained "stubbornly high".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24902389
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:36 am
Quote:
Romeo said: You couldn't make it up.
Izzy said: You just did.

Ha ha, you think the bible writers were liars and you think i'm a liar!
Pull yourself together mate or people will think you're paranoid..Wink

WIKI-"Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by a pervasive and long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder

The atheists view of the Bible-
Genesis- LIES!
Exodus- LIES!
Leviticus- LIES!
Numbers- LIES!
Deuteronomy-LIES!
Joshua- LIES!
Judges-LIES!
Ruth-LIES!
1 Samuel-LIES!
2 Samuel- LIES!
1 Kings- LIES!
2 Kings- LIES!
1 Chronicles-LIES!
2 Chronicles-LIES!
Ezra- LIES!
Nehemiah-LIES!
Esther-LIES!
Job-LIES!
Psalms-LIES!
Proverbs-LIES!
Ecclesiastes-LIES!
Song of Solomon-LIES!
Isaiah-LIES!
Jeremiah-LIES!
Lamentations-LIES!
Ezekiel- LIES!
Daniel- LIES!
Hosea- LIES!
Joel-LIES!
Amos-LIES!
Obadiah-LIES!
Jonah-LIES!
Micah-LIES!
Nahum-LIES!
Habakkuk-LIES!
Zephaniah-LIES!
Haggai-LIES!
Zecharia-LIES!
Malachi-LIES!
Matthew-LIES!
Mark-LIES!
Luke-LIES!
John- LIES!
The Acts-LIES!
Romans-LIES!
1 Corinthians-LIES!
2 Corinthians- LIES!
Galatians-LIES!
Ephesians- LIES!
Phillipians-LIES!
Colossians-LIES!
1 Thessalonians-LIES!
2 Thessalonians-LIES!
1 Timothy-LIES!
2 Timothy-LIES!
Titus-LIES!
Philemon- LIES!
Hebrews- LIES!
James-LIES!
1 Peter-LIES!
2 Peter- LIES!
1 John- LIES!
2 John-LIES!
3 John-LIES!
Jude-LIES!
Revelation-LIES!

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Nonsense. You just believe what you want to believe and damn the facts.
Quote:
The Gospel of Matthew is generally believed to have been composed between 70 and 110, with most scholars preferring the period 80–90; a pre-70 date remains a minority view, but has been strongly supported. The anonymous author was probably a highly educated Jew, intimately familiar with the technical aspects of Jewish law, and the disciple Matthew was probably honored within his circle. The author drew on three main sources to compose his gospel: the Gospel of Mark; the hypothetical collection of sayings known as the Q source; and material unique to his own community, called "Special Matthew", or the M source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Matthew

Quote:
Although some notable New Testament scholars affirm traditional Johannine scholarship, the majority do not believe that John or one of the Apostles wrote it, and trace it instead to a "Johannine community" which traced its traditions to John; the gospel itself shows signs of having been composed in three "layers", reaching its final form about 90–100 AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Not at all. There's always more to it than that.
Maybe someone got slugged.

izzythepush wrote:
The police try really hard not to arrest people who are just mouthing off, and arguing noisily.
They take up spaces in the cells, and usually are released without charge once they've cooled off.
They normally warn them over and over again, but some people just don't know what's good for them.
EGO has a momentum of its own,
displaying itself even in men of high education and senior years.
I remember seeing on the TV news a TV journalist in his 8Os
being dragged away in chains by the NYC Police
in relation to some street parking dispute.

Some advice has been attributed to Jesus that (approximately):
"a soft voice turneth away wrath."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're lying by omission. You don't spend three months in prison for telling the police about drug dealers. And the lies you tell about black people are demonstrably wrong. As the BBC Newslink proves.

Just because you believe something doesn't mean it's true. You're a fanastic with an inflated sense of self importance and everything you claim should be taken with a couple of shovel's worth of salt.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:41 am
Quote:
Izzy quote from an article: "The anonymous author was probably a highly educated Jew, intimately familiar with the technical aspects of Jewish law, and the disciple Matthew was probably honored within his circle"

The word "probably" is in there twice mate and it simply means a "guess" or "hunch".
Try to stick to facts, ok?..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Genesis- LIES!

You really think Adam and Eve and all that happened, despite all the scientific evidence to the contrary.

Blind Faith is absolutely nonsensical.

You can shout as much as you like, but you've not proven anything. Your refusal to dismiss those parts of the Bible that are clearly nonsense, like Genesis, shows nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Most intelligent Christians see Adam and Eve as a metaphor, very much like Pandora's Box. If you take such stuff literally you're delusional.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:50 am
Quote:
Izzy said: You don't spend three months in prison for telling the police about drug dealers.

Ah but it happened in 2001 and there had just been black riots in some English cities, so the Leicester police were ****-scared that if they acted on my tipoffs and arrested the black dealers it might trigger a riot in Leicester, which is why they gutlessly arrested me to shut me up.
Needless to say, i've plastered the whole story all over the net to show them up.

PS- I've always been a police supporter and I'm not saying all coppers are gutless, it happened 12 years ago so hopefully the Leicester police have grown some balls by now..Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Genesis- LIES!

izzythepush wrote:
You really think Adam and Eve and all that happened,
despite all the scientific evidence to the contrary.
If I 'm not mistaken, the conventional anthropological paradigm, based on DNA,
is that there really WAS an Eve, from whom we have all descended.
Presumably, she mated with someone.

David
0 Replies