what about heaven

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That would indicate an education. Btw, for all Romeo's bellyaching about our gun laws, as a convicted felon he would not be allowed a firearm. Do your laws allow convicted felons to possess firearms? (Just asking, I honestly don't know.)
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 05:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That would indicate an education. Btw, for all Romeo's bellyaching about our gun laws, as a convicted felon he would not be allowed a firearm. Do your laws allow convicted felons to possess firearms? (Just asking, I honestly don't know.)

They do not.
neologist

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
No queues in heaven or it wouldn't be heaven..Smile
Here's another notion of heaven-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/SunsetLamplightC_zpsb8828772.jpg~original
A Thomas Kinkaid painting, Romeo. Happens to be an earthly paradise. More to the preference of most, I would say.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:46 pm
Quote:
Brandon asked:@RF-And you've established that Jesus lived and was the son of God how?

Who do you think it was who the entire population of Israel and the Roman garrison saw strutting his stuff in front of them for 3 long years, David Blaine?..Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
. . . for all Romeo's bellyaching about our gun laws, as a convicted felon he would not be allowed a firearm. Do your laws allow convicted felons to possess firearms? (Just asking, I honestly don't know.)
Usually, US felons serve a full year +. Misdemeanants, less than a year. And some felons can possess long guns.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:54 pm
Quote:
Romeo posted this pic:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/SunsetLamplightC_zpsb8828772.jpg~original

Neologist replied: A Thomas Kinkaid painting, Romeo. Happens to be an earthly paradise. More to the preference of most, I would say.

Heaven/paradise will be exactly what each person wants it to be; personally I don't want a material earthly atoms-and-molecules place, I much prefer a purely spiritual plane of existence..Smile
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 07:50 pm
@neologist,
Neo..All of mankind's Gods were true God's... After all, ever since human's could talk and write, all they had to do to invent her, was to first to believe it and write it down.. then hey presto, there was a God and to all the thousand's of propitiators of these God's over time... You can bet your bloody life they were true Gods to them at that particular time in history. After all didn't your particular God say that you couldn't have any other God... So she knew there were of others around at her time of life.
neologist

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:59 pm
@tenderfoot,
There are gods and there is God.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Brandon asked:@RF-And you've established that Jesus lived and was the son of God how?

Who do you think it was who the entire population of Israel and the Roman garrison saw strutting his stuff in front of them for 3 long years, David Blaine?..Smile

You have some evidence that any of this is true and that he was the son of God as well?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That would indicate an education.
Btw, for all Romeo's bellyaching about our gun laws,
as a convicted felon he would not be allowed a firearm.
Do your laws allow convicted felons to possess firearms?
(Just asking, I honestly don't know.)
R u sure that the poor fellow was convicted of a FELONY??
His putative offense of looking at criminals seems innocuous.

In answer to your question:
there exists a CONFLICT OF LAW on this point.
There is a federal statute that is facially against
a felon being in possession of a gun; on the other hand, we have
the 2nd Amendment divesting government of jurisdiction of gun possession
together with the Constitutional requirement of "equal protection of the laws"
which remains un-adjudicated, in that such a case has not yet reached the USSC.

In US v. PANTER 688 F.2d 268 (1982)
the US 5th Circuit Court of Appeals held that a criminal
can lawfully hold a gun during an emergency, for self defense
and that:
"The right to defend oneself from a deadly attack is fundamental."
If Martha Stewart (a convicted felon) awoke in her bed
and shot a burglar there, I suspect that if she were convicted
on that statute, there'd be a decent probability that the USSC
wud hold that she had a Constitutional Right to defend herself
equal to anyone else and that Congress is without power
to interfere in her Constitutional Immunity from conviction.

This is a delightful case (makes very entertaining reading)
All emfasis has been added by David.

David
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:17 pm
Quote:
Romeo said:Who do you think it was who the entire population of Israel and the Roman garrison saw strutting his stuff in front of them for 3 long years, David Blaine?..
Brandon replied: You have some evidence that any of this is true and that he was the son of God as well?

Ha ha ha you'll be telling us next that Buddha, Mohammed and Elvis never existed either, right Elv?

"Uh-huh"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/elvis-lip.jpg
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I didn't tell you he never existed. I asked you if you have a scrap of evidence that he existed and that he was the son of God. Still waiting for that serious answer which you appear to be unable to give.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:37 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

They do not.
Yes, for now thay don t; men have been incarcerated
for being felons in possession of guns,
but I am skeptical that this will be the prevailing law, in the final analysis.

I see some Constitutional infirmities.
Will the USSC hold that the requirement of: "equal protection of the laws"
does NOT apply to something so trivial and un-important
as the right to DEFEND YOUR LIFE ???

Qua the central 2A right to defend your life in the streets,
together with the "equal protection of the laws" requirement,
will the USSC rule that: "de minimis non curat lex"????

The USSC has ALREADY held that something as urgently IMPERATIVE
as Rosa Parks getting a better seat on a bus for a few moments
requires "equal protection of the laws",
but will the Court say that whether she (un-armed)
is torn apart in the street by packs of dogs after descending from the bus
she is NOT entitled to "equal protection"?????????
Suppose that she'd been convicted of selling felony wt marijuana,
or of tax fraud? Must she THEN (un-armed) feed herself to the dogs??

That woud be a non-viable humiliation for the USSC.

David
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I didn't tell you he never existed. I asked you if you have a scrap of evidence that he existed and that he was the son of God. Still waiting for that serious answer which you appear to be unable to give.
Where on the continuum of naive realism to epistemological certainty do you expect evidence to be submitted? Anecdotal and circumstantial evidence abounds. If you wish Jesus to provide you with a personal miracle, fugettabouttit. If you are wondering how one develops abiding faith, it is by constantly examining and verifying whether things are indeed true. Perhaps you do not think there is gain for you in such an endeavor. I'm sorry for that.
Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:28 am
@neologist,
Quote:
If you are wondering how one develops abiding faith, it is by constantly examining and verifying whether things are indeed true.

Yep, that's exactly how I became an atheist.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 01:18 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Where on the continuum of naive realism to epistemological certainty do you expect evidence to be submitted? Anecdotal and circumstantial evidence abounds. If you wish Jesus to provide you with a personal miracle, fugettabouttit. If you are wondering how one develops abiding faith, it is by constantly examining and verifying whether things are indeed true. Perhaps you do not think there is gain for you in such an endeavor. I'm sorry for that.

It doesn't make sense to believe claims for which there is no evidence. I have now asked repeatedly to be given evidence that Jesus existed and that he is the son of God. You claim that this evidence abounds. Please tell me some. If none of you firm believers can give me a shred of evidence that your beliefs are true, then I will have to regard them as fantasies that make you feel good. I'll take science, thanks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 02:29 am
@Pearlylustre,
<smile>
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 02:55 am
@Brandon9000,
Thank you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 03:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
His putative offense of looking at criminals seems innocuous.

You don't go to prison for three months for doing what he claimed he was doing. To spend three months for a first offence would mean he was something sexual/violent.

He's taking advantage of your lack of knowledge about the British judicial system to talk a load of bollocks.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:28 am
Quote:
Brandon said: I didn't tell you he never existed. I asked you if you have a scrap of evidence that he existed and that he was the son of God.

I never saw Elvis but I'm prepared to take the word of thousands who saw him that he existed..Smile
Same with Jesus, the entire population of Israel plus the Roman garrison are a lot of eyewitnesses, why would they lie?
0 Replies