Horrible horrible clients

husker

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:30 pm
oldandknew wrote:

linkat,,, you are right about the big companies and payment. They have an established system in place & as long as you follow it correctly, the money turns up on the expected date

Not always true many Fortune 500 companies are holding the money close
and playing the float as long as possible - I know this from experience and time on the job. Right now the big boys are playing it very close and tight, this makes it even hard on the smaller guys that do not have the resources to holdout. IMO and experience the economy is not nearly as good (if that's what you call it) as presented - there are many false indicators. Homeland Security and the war are propelling many things with a trickle down to support those causes.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:39 pm
there is a law in the UK that states that companies must pay by pre-agreed date. They have 30 days.
If you get your invoice to them by the 1st of the month, then you get paid by the 30th.

It's the result of small suppliers getting pissed off by having to bankroll large comps who held off making payment
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:39 pm
I worked in consulting - mostly developing bookkeeping systems, and doing bookkeeping work for pretty good fees. About 18 years before I retired, I replaced one of my clients ($18k client) with a nonprofit agency ($18k client) that provides services to the developmentally disabled, and I was hooked. They hired me knowing that I did consulting work; I didn't know I would get hooked and end up working for them full time. ha ha ha.. I dropped my consulting business and started working for them full time. Never regretted making that change even though my income dropped dramatically, because I enjoyed what I was doing. Wink Being happy doing work you enjoy is priceless.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:42 pm
CI --- yep, a happy worker makes for a happy person 24/7.

Lot of people doing soul destroying jobs for scumbags
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
If Mrs. cav posted here, she would have plenty of tales from the corporate crypt. Not pleasant....thankfully, she's smart enough to make herself indispensible, and has survived the gamut of mergers, takeovers, dissolving of companies, absorption, and downsizing. Clever woman...
0 Replies