Min wage raise has no effect on businesses

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
Contrary to what Republicans say, people are hired by businesses because they are needed, and let go when they are no longer needed, and once the worker learns all the factors and features of his job, laying him off because the business is forced to raise the minimum wages to $10.10 makes no sense because his job is still needed.

“Government and co-operation are in all things the laws of life. Anarchy and competition, the laws of death.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

coldjoint

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:23 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
people are hired by businesses because they are needed, and let go when they are no longer needed, and once the worker learns all the factors and features of his job, laying him off because the business is forced to raise the minimum wages to $10.10 makes no sense

Guess you have never been laid off, or ever had a job.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:26 pm
Get ready to pay for a $35 pizza.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:29 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:

You are right. To think the cost will not come down to the consumer is fantasy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:35 pm

Quote:
Obama’s new overtime decree

Here comes a more regimented, polarized, lawsuit-ridden workplace with less upward mobility — at least if the President gets his way. I deplore some of the likely effects, unintended or otherwise, in a new Cato post: “Increasingly, Obama’s binge of executive orders and unilateral decrees to bypass Congress is coming to resemble a toddler’s destructive tantrum.

http://overlawyered.com/2014/03/obamas-new-overtime-decree/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=obamas-new-overtime-decree
This jerk needs to stay out of businesses business.
Rickoshay75

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Guess you have never been laid off, or ever had a job. >>

Only government workers have permanent jobs. Other workers are lucky to have six months of work and are laid off when they are no longer needed many times over the years, myself included.
roger

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 04:01 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I'm inclined to agree, Rick. At whatever wage prevails, I would be surprised if many businesses hired more people than they needed. In any event, social security is indexed to inflation; why not wages.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 04:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I don't think I eat those fancy, high end pizzas you do. My pizzas cost about $10 each, of which around $1.50 is direct labor of the minimum wage variety. (It's probably less, but let's just keep it there.) If the minimum wage increases 33%, my pizza goes up by $0.50 to $10.50.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 07:48 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
Only government workers have permanent jobs.

That is one more for the ridiculous list.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:06 pm
http://www.soopermexican.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/minimum-wage-INFOGRAPHIC-5-374x1024.jpg
raprap

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 08:00 am
The effect of the present minimum wage is poor service. Because the present minimum wage is not livable, minimum wage employees see no reason to provide service.

If you want a good example compare Micky Dees to Five Guys Burgers. Mickey Dee's pays minimum and the service generally sucks. Five Guys pays$10 per hour and the service is wonderful.

The same can be said when you compare Wal-Mart to Target.

The nonlivable minimum wage has consequence. Minimum wage employees pretend to work. It becomes their best interest to do the minimum work possible.

So a point can be argued the raising minimum wage to something livable would lover production costs by improved service and efficiency.

Rap
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
@coldjoint,
Your mouth needs to take a ****.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Your mouth needs to take a ****.

It has,on you, bigot.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:26 am
Quote:
Bill Gates Against Minimum Wage Hike: Will Cause Humans to be Replaced by Automation

Hey, what does he know?http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/03/14/bill-gates-against-minimum-wage-hike-will-cause-humans-to-be-replaced-by-automation/

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 01:05 pm
@coldjoint,
So you admit that **** comes out of your mouth. A rare moment of honesty.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So you admit that **** comes out of your mouth.

As long as you admit you are covered in it. Let me know bigot.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:08 pm
@coldjoint,
I always come up smelling of roses, unlike your breath.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I always come up smelling of roses, unlike your breath.

A bigot and a prancer. And pretty lame, too.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:20 pm
@coldjoint,
Better than anything you've got. I've got you to admit that **** comes out of your mouth. What have you got? Nothing.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What have you got? Nothing.

What I have is a dumb bigot who doesn't know when to quit.
0 Replies