Admission Essay FAQ’s

CarrolR

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 09:33 pm
Admission essay is what you have to write and present to the authority of the unit or the academy where you wish to take entry. There are a number of institutions and also many other places where you need to write an essay based on the topics of your personality and the details that would help you in getting admission in the academic organization.

How to choose a theme for my writing?

The best way that can be taken while writing an admission essay is the description of your own personality. Admission essays are nothing but a mode to know you better so that the people of the academic senate take your admissions on good and trustable grounds.

What type of tone to incorporate in the essay?

While you are writing a personal essay or the autobiography of yourself, you may write in first person speech. You may use the word ‘I’ but obviously not on a frequent basis. That would make the essay look very shabby with lots of ‘I’s.

Should I write about my unique experiences?

You can definitely narrate some of your unique experiences in the essay. If you are applying for an MBA degree and the institute has a reputation of taking part in the yearly fest, then you can involve your singing or dancing skills in the essay if you have any. This may lead you an entry to the center as they will need someone who can help them out winning awards in the extracurricular activities or guests.

Should I write about my research interests?

Research is a method that everyone appreciates. If you write about certain things that you have researched and discovered, that can add on a special interest in your essay. That will obviously provide you better attention anywhere. So, if you have ever done a research work, some logical one, then don’t forget to include that in your essay. That will provide your admission essay an exclusive highlight that can lead you to the admission of the institute.

Should I discuss about my job experience?

If you are going for an MBA institution, then you can definitely include your job experience in it if any. It has been observed that a person having job experience for more than 6 months, the person gets more chances of getting admission in the business school. In addition to that if you have experience in any relevant field such as marketing or HR, then your chances of getting admission increases. So, it is a must that you should include the job experience in the admission essay if you have any.

Is there a limit to the length of my essay?

The examiners who will be checking your admission essay are not so potent that they will be seated and reading your thesis of 2000 – 3000 words. So, you should take care of the fact that you have to complete the admission essay with a limited word frame say maximum of 500 – 600 words that would include only the important points and the facts that would ensure your entry to the academic institute.
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 503 • Replies: 0
No top replies