What shows do you watch frequently?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 08:43 pm
I really don't watch that much tv either, but my wife loves it. She watches tv more than half her waking hours when not working. She's watching tv as we speak. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 08:51 pm
My TV went kaput late last summer. Kinda miss it.

Interesting as I recede further and further from being in the loop. I mean, when I was watching TV, there were promos for upcoming shows, etc., so there was a residual effect even after I stopped watching. Now I am OUT of the loop. I see people on magazine covers that are apparently somewhat famous or important in some sphere and I have absolutely NO idea who they are.

We decided that we're going to go without until we move... only a few more months, anyway... then we'll get an operational TV/ fix ours. But will try to use in moderation... overall it's been nice to have this forced withdrawal.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 08:57 pm
sozobe, What you say is so true; being out of the tv loop makes us strangers to new tv stars and shows. Most of the time, I don't recognize the new people that seems to be so popular, but that's okay. I like the 'freedom.'
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:36 pm
since no cable i am stuck to watching fox so---
24 is very well done love that show
simpsons
that 70's show
and now i am stuck on "The Swan"

when i have cable i like all the Law & Order shows
Monk
HGTV
Food Network
& BBC
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:43 pm
The Food network is fun to watch, but I'm also particular about which chefs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:59 pm
Daily Show

Monk

Southh Park

Monster Garage

Nova

Ballykissangel

Reno 911

Iron Chef (Its like a Godzilla movie, its sooo bad its good)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:51 pm
I don't watch much TV at all.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:16 pm
Survivor is the only show I watch regularly. After I realized that, I cancelled my cable subscription. However, I have recently discovered "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and HGTV, which makes me wish I had it back sometimes. When I had cable, I also used to watch VH1's Behind the Music back to back to back. I loved those autobiographies of musicians.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:20 pm

The Sopranos

Bill Maher

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reno 911

Crank Yankers

60 Minutes

Meet The Press with Tim Russert

Occasionally some shows on the Food Network
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:37 pm
The Daily Show
The Sopranos
Monk
The Simpsons
All Law and Orders
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Iron Chef, on and off (it conflicts with some TV scheduling)
For me, endless reruns of all Treks except Enterprise, which sucks
For Mrs. cav, wrestling Rolling Eyes

Once The Sopranos season finishes, I hope we can catch Wild Boyz, which shows at the same time. I am so amused by those guys from Jackass.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 02:24 pm
NHL Hockey Playoffs (go Sharks!)
CSI Miami (the best show done in HD period)
CSI (both of these have dialog to make you puke though)
According to Jim
Two and Half Men (funniest sitcom currently on)
The Best Of (Food Network - I love Jill Cordes)
Iron Chef America (at least some of the stuff Puck/Mario/Flay make looks edible)
Cartoon Network & Nickelodeon (kids)
HGTV (Home & Garden - the wife likes it)
Everyone Loves Raymond (if nothing else is on)
NFL Football in the fall
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:21 pm
I saw the other posts and I have to add The Sopranos and That 70's Show.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:25 pm
That 70's Show makes me laugh once when I see it. I dunno, Mrs. cav really likes it, but I find the jokes get tired after a second view. I do like Red though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:32 pm
I love the show because it reminds me so much of the group I use to hang out with in the 70's.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:32 pm
I have been getting hooked on HBO and Showtime series. Two things I really like are no commercials and not much censorship. That lack of censorship part is great! The material isn't objectionable to adults, but may not be appropriate for young kids, who would be bored to tears anyway.

You don't exactly have to chaise your kids out of the room. Try Queer as Folk, if you want to clear your living room! lol! Kids aren't even curious about these shows intended for adults. They find something else to do. You do have to get them off the Cartoon Network or MTV and they run away quickly finding something else, less boring to do.

My 13 year old daughter loves Queer as Folk, believe it or not, for the same reasons I do. Yeah, we can do without the lesbian scenes, but what straight female objects to men? She is not sexually active, but I don't believe in sheltered ignorant children who are in for a shock with the adult world, as I was hit with. I don't buy brainwashing of religion, feeling this is not the Christian way, enough to condemn sexual preference of anyone. There is bias against a well written show because of gay content and people wont give it a chance at all, no matter how good it is.

My favorites are Queer as Folk, Six Feet Under, and Dead Like Me. I'm discovering more. I never did get into The Sopranos. Everyone else seems to love it. I think people underestimate the quality of Queer as Folk because of gay content. The filming is excellent and down to every detail. One of my favorite scenes was a party in the street celebration. It went from complete black and white, color stared gradually to the business on the side of the street, from red, adding more, until it went to full color. I rank it high on artistic merit with filming. If you can get past the gay part, the story line is complex and many can relate to the differing issues, well beyond gay. This show pushes on society's bias of anything you don't understand, but exist.

I like Court TV's shows on how they can catch murders with such tiny bits of physical evidence. This fascinates me, for some reason. I find this to be a good public service announcement. Don't kill people!! I also like the fact that far less people are falsely accused and imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit with such technology. There is still a long way to go, but if it keeps an innocent person's life from being destroyed, it's so worth it.

I'm getting into Home and Garden TV also. I have a rehab project on my hands with a beauty of a 1928 English tutor style home. It sure isn't beautiful now, but could be! This show has some great ideas I didn't know were even affordable or available. They go with everything from interior design on a low budget to high end overhaul. They have some great ideas with different shows giving how to instructions you can do at home, for a fraction of the price.

Those are my latest favorites!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:40 pm
I watch no shows.......
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:56 am
Law & Order
CSI
NYPD Blue
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Monk
Without a Trace
Star Trek (any excpet DS9)
Leave it to Beaver
The Rifleman
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:56 am
I watched 24 last night. I think the show's title actually refers to the number of commercials you are forced to watch every 2.4 minutes.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:26 am
This season I regularly watched:

Queer Eye
Sopranos
Angel
Curb Your Enthusiasm

occasionally watched:

Star Trek Enterprise
Tru Calling
Sex and the City
South Park
The Simpsons

and a lot of movies.

Now that I have a digital video recorder, I am time-shifting almorst everything and avoiding the commercials....and looking forward to the day when pay TV becomes more common. The better series are already commercial-free, and it seems to me that if pay TV became the norm, not only would quality improve across the board, but the hours we spend watching would also be reduced...two benefits at once.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:36 am
cjhsa wrote:
I watched 24 last night. I think the show's title actually refers to the number of commercials you are forced to watch every 2.4 minutes.

Huh? I thought that show didn't have any commercials.
0 Replies