I want to know who does this...

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:48 pm
I would like to know if regular members of this site read the responses to their questions or comments before they respond. If so, why?

I ask because when I log in is when I read a response. I comment on how I really feel about the topic. I am just curious how many others are like me.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,419 • Replies: 8

trying2learn

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:49 pm
@trying2learn,
I am also starting this thread to see how it looks on my computer (os and browser).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 04:58 pm
@trying2learn,
I don't get the question. If you comment on something, that is what it is a comment. If you add questions or thoughts into it, which "may" help someone off course you are going to go back and read the response.

I note "some" read into things and write aweful comments to people, people that don't deserve it or just plain wrong way of reading something and so, get nasty in a response. Hope you don't do that T2L.
roger

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:54 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Actually, some people read post #1 and reply to it when the rest of us are on page #12. That can lead to some spectacular failures.
trying2learn

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Hi Found Soul

I was testing, thanks to who tagged this as such, my os & browser. I try to take things at face value. If I have something to say to someone, I will just write what I am thinking.

Roger like you wrote, some people respond from the first page or post. I can understand why because after pages of others writing, who wants to read or spend the time reading everything that has been written.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:05 pm
Some threads were started months or years ago and have got zillions of replies so its impossible to read them all.
A good idea is to click on 'New Posts' at the top of the page every time you come into A2K, and choose which ones you want to answer.
If you want to narrow things down even more, click on 'My Posts' and a list of threads will come up which you've posted in, and you can go in to check how the discussion is progressing..Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:37 pm
@roger,
Wait!!! I've done that, by accident though, thinking I've pressed "last page"...OR cause I was tired or something.

Guilty (once) only I think....
roger

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 11:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I've done it more than once, also unintentionally. What bothers me is when someone has completely conceded to the subsequent arguments, and someone pops in pages later and takes the OP to task for the first post. It really happens.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 12:58 am
@roger,
DENIAL..

Sigh. We don't always win an argument. Nor should we.

Wait did I say that? I can see how that would be annoying.

0 Replies